User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Shouldn't the FAQ also touch upon Keirsey's four temperaments, seeing as how The Commune is subdivided according to his theory?
    Good idea. Do it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Split the discussion posts from the new thread back in here. Do continue to post any further suggestions here, though!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Shouldn't the FAQ also touch upon Keirsey's four temperaments, seeing as how The Commune is subdivided according to his theory?
    Yes, it probably should. I wanted to get something up asap, but we can always add/change. Do you have any ideas for that?

Edit: I don't know how, but I quoted the wrong post before. Didn't make much sense.
    Last edited by Ivy; 09-29-2007 at 01:14 PM.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post

In case that wasn't what you meant, what about something like this:
    Brilliant - consider it stolen and stored on my hard drive for all eternity!

Just one minor nitpick (it's the Ti hehe): I don't think Te is what makes people follow rules to the letter, that's Si. ENTJ's are more than happy to bend or even break the rules if it gets the job done, but ESTJ's not so much so. Though... I suppose everyone ELSE has to follow the ENTJ's own rules, if that's what you mean (even if he doesn't follow other people's rules).
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ????

I don't mean to sound haughty but I did all my research

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Do you have any ideas for that?
    Yes. In light of the excellent intro texts already created for the functions and dichotomies, I think we should get athenian200 to do it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Okay, then. What about this:

SJ Guardians -- They're usually not bodyguards. These are dependable people who all use Si, and they're just as predictable. They do the same thing, day in, day out. They're so punctual you could set your watch by them, and they are obsessed with tradition, believing it to be best unless there's clear evidence to the contrary. They are the neat freaks, officers, and accountants that hold societies together. Barney Fife of "The Andy Griffith Show" was probably an SJ.

NF Idealists -- Idealism is the opposite of realism, and with NF's you see that idea personified. They're the epitome of impractical, romantic notions that have no relation to reality. They misguidedly chase rainbows, and look for the best in people, and try to bring it out. They're very sensitive, impractical people who need a lot help and love to deal with the hard, harsh T and S world encompassing their kindred souls.

NT Rationals -- Heartless intellectuals who make good scientists. They are the most brilliant people on this scale, but their social skills have room for improvement, although they can often pass as normal humans long enough to test their theories. If you look past their lack of emotions and their offensiveness to normal sensibilities, you'll find a great resource for honest advice and help with complex problems. Jean-Luc Picard of "Star Trek" was probably an NT.

SP Artisans -- They are so unimaginative and realistic that they seem like apes at times. Se users who just want things to work out, right now. They rarely consider the future, and are very obsessed with momentary pleasures. But they have a unique ability to fully appreciate and manipulate the things around them at any given moment. They are likely scouts and discoverers, who want to experience things first-hand. Fonzie of "Happy Days" was probably an SP.
    Last edited by Athenian200; 10-08-2007 at 01:10 AM.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Absolutely. I formally grant usage rights to you. I'm flattered you actually want to use it, but okay.
    I think most of what's in your original text is really good, too, and I love the humor, but...can we step back and think about what people who have each dominant preference will think when they read? I showed them to a friend who's part of a group working on this very same effort and her hackles went up for Si...yeah, she's Fe and her husband's Si so she's always on the lookout for anything that hints at furthering stereotypes of them but if this is going to be useful info to people new to the forum we don't want a description to systematically turn certain types away??? Actually it's the one I was most concerned about too...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INTj

Ah. Did you bump this in order for us to all look back on our failure!?

Man. . . what a bunch of Ps.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Ah. Did you bump this in order for us to all look back on our failure!?

Man. . . what a bunch of Ps.
    Do you need someone to delegate?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."