User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Good idea, ygolo.

Athenian, with your permission and credit, may I put your snippets up on the site? I think they really do what we need them to do. We can always add things later.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Good idea, ygolo.

Athenian, with your permission and credit, may I put your snippets up on the site? I think they really do what we need them to do. We can always add things later.
    Absolutely. I formally grant usage rights to you. I'm flattered you actually want to use it, but okay.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    OP-Opening Post?
    Normally used as "original post" I think, since it sometimes refers to a derail post (ie: the first post that spawned this thread, with "thread" being more line of conversation)... but I guess either one works.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Perhaps we can post web acronyms also?

I have used the internet for a long time but very little of it for socializing, chatting, or discussing things on forums.

Common Web Acronyms and abbreviations for chat rooms

I'm sure people acan come up w/ much larger lists. These are ones I did a double take on, the 1st time I saw them.

LOL-Laugh Out Loud
    ROFL-Rolling On the Floor
    FWIW-For What It's Worth
    IOW-In Other Words
    IMO-Im My Opinion
    IMHO-In My Humble Opinon

OP-Opening Post?

/rant-end rant
    / - to end that something.

pwned-an accidental misspelling of "owned" that has pwned the internet
    n00b-Newbie-new member, new to the internet, etc.
    I have more on top of my head:

RTFM -- Read the freaking Manual
    l33t h4x0r -- Elite hacker
    IDK -- I don't know
    IM -- Instant Message
    PM -- Private Message
    OMG -- Oh my god
    WTF -- What in the Freak
    WTH -- What in the Heck
    SOB -- Son of a Beekeeper
    RTFLMAO -- Rolling on the floor laughing my arse off
    TINC -- There is no Cabal (when someone suspects conspiracy for no good reason)
    AFAIK -- As far as I know
    ATM -- At the moment
    MYOB -- Mind your own business
    MBTI -- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
    FFM -- Five Factor Model

I'll think of more later.

J/P -- Judging/Perceiving. Judging types don't always carry gavels. If you're a Judging type, that means you're diligent, focused, organized, driven, and anal-retentive.
    Hey, I really don't think it's fair to call us J's "anal-retentive" if you're not gonna call P's anal expulsive. :-p
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ha -- I've actually used the term "anal expulsive" before... but for some reason, it just never really seemed too popular.

Thank you, Athenian (and others who edited), btw, for writing this up.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ha -- I've actually used the term "anal expulsive" before... but for some reason, it just never really seemed too popular.

Thank you, Athenian (and others who edited), btw, for writing this up.
    Seriously, I learned about it in Psychology 206 (which was, to me, just a Gen. Ed. science course, but very interesting). Anyways. anal expulsive is just as much of a legitimate Freudian term as anal retentive, and they both refer to someone having not mastered their potty training stage, lol. Seriously. (Sorry for hijacking the thread.)
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I can't decide which is more awesome: protesting a stereotype by playing into it, or the term "anal expulsive".

MBTI
    ENTJ

I propose the following changes, first for the 4 dichotomies:

THE FOUR PREFERENCES, DEMYSTIFIED:

There are 4 dimensions summarizing the spectrum of human personality. Each comprise 2 opposite behavioral dispositions, which makes these dimensions dichotomous. Everyone can behave in both ways but most people prefer behaving in one way more than the other, and that is what we call "preference".

E/I -- Extraversion/Introversion. Extraverts are focused on the outer world of things or people. Introverts are focused on the inner world of thoughts or feelings. Extraverts come off as talking too much, and Introverts come off as unsociable.

S/N -- Sensing/Intuition. Sensing types take in information in a concrete way, focusing on specifics. They tend value facts. Intuitives take in information in an abstract way, focusing on patterns. They tend to value ideas. Sensors come off as not having many ideas and being able to see the big picture, and Intuitives come off as airheads who don't know real world data.

T/F -- Thinking/Feeling. Don't get confused by the labels: both types are rational and have feelings. Thinking types prefer making decisions based on impersonal data, such as how the decision will be logically correct or yield practical benefits. Feeling types prefer making decisions based on personal data, such as how the decision will impact them personally or other people. Thinking types come off as heartless and treating people like machines, and Feeling types come off as illogical and subjectively biased.

J/P -- Judging/Perceiving. Judging type like to take decisions early, and tend to be diligent and organized. Perceiving types like to wait for more information before taking decisions, and tend to be adaptable and spontaneous. Those with Judging preferences come off as never really having been youthful, and those with Perceiving preferences come off as never really having grew up.

MBTI
    INTJ

Shouldn't the FAQ also touch upon Keirsey's four temperaments, seeing as how The Commune is subdivided according to his theory?