User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    This doesn't mean you want us to avoid more complex discussions regarding MBTI functions/models in favor of more readily/generally understood topics, does it? I will if that is your wish, but....
    No, actually, that's the exact reasoning for this. I didn't think it was fair to ask people to change their conversations or explain what they're saying at every turn. This way, if anyone seems lost we can just link the MBTIFAQ instead of derailing to explain or changing the level of discourse.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

athenian, I really enjoyed that post of yours, had me chuckling away at how right it was. Especially this part:

E/I -- Extraversion/Introversion. Extraverts are the cool, social people who go to all the parties, and impress people. Introverts are the misunderstood nerds who sit at home reading and surfing the Internet all day. As you might have guessed, most of us are Introverts. So please take some pity and speak to us poor, pasty-faced nerds who pine away in front of our monitors?
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

That's what I used when I first find out about the functions: Unfortunately, that's only about 1-2 months ago, so it's nothing very interesting.
    I have a couple of docs more, one about the function hierarchy, one about the types, one about the E, I, S, N, etc, and maybe some more, I can look for them later

INFORMATION-ACCESSING PROCESSES—Perception
    Se (Extraverted Sensing): Experiencing the immediate context; taking action in the physical world; noticing changes and opportunities for action; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognising “what is.”

Si (Introverted Sensing): Reviewing past experiences; “what is” evoking “what was”; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognising the way things have always been.

Ne(Extraverted iNtuiting): Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change “what is” for “what could possibly be”; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.

Ni (Introverted iNtuiting): Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing “what will be”; conceptualising new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.

ORGANIZING-EVALUATING PROCESSES—Judgement
    Te(Extraverted Thinking): Segmenting; organising for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parametres; deciding if something is working or not.

Ti(Introverted Thinking): Analysing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

Fe (Extraverted Feeling): Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honour their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organisational, or group values; adjusting to and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.

Fi (Introverted Feeling): Valuing; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

edit: Oh, I read the whole original post and realised that's not what you need.
    Oh, well.
    Trust the most boring person in the whole planet, to come with a long, dry and boring chart when you ask for something "short, sweet and funny"

MBTI
    XNTX

This
    S/N -- Sensing/Intuition. Sensing types are practical, no-nonsense people when it comes to dealing with things. They are well attuned to the world around them, and know how to deal with it. Intuitive types are creative, insightful people who have an advantage in Science, Philosophy, Psychology, and Poetry. In pretty much everything else and everyday life, however, Sensors excel and surpass Intuitives. So if we seem critical of Sensors, know it's out of jealousy, fear, and bitterness, and don't take it personally.
    Although if you were very strong on the T (Had an extremely high IQ etc) then you'd develop a very strong N as the N is really just the subconcious T.

So, yes, maybe jealous of an S if you're not that bright.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Although if you were very strong on the T (Had an extremely high IQ etc) then you'd develop a very strong N as the N is really just the subconcious T.

So, yes, maybe jealous of an S if you're not that bright.
    N is very different from T, actually. T is much more rigid and unyielding, N is more flexible in it's approach. That's how you know which you're using at the time. This is a rather complex point, however, and this kind of accuracy is probably too much for a simple FAQ, especially if we expect it to hold people's attention.

But what else would make a good FAQ for new users? Hmm...

MBTI
    ISTP

This doesn't mean you want us to avoid more complex discussions regarding MBTI functions/models in favor of more readily/generally understood topics, does it? I will if that is your wish, but....

That was awesome, just for the record (I finally read it all!)

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Super work athenian! A minor point for improvement, that T intelligence thing might be restated somehow. I remember it didn't have great correlation to intelligence. Might also put a different, perhaps unwanted spin on T .. just my two cents.
    Edit: those are euro cents, mind you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Super work athenian! A minor point for improvement, that T intelligence thing might be restated somehow. I remember it didn't have great correlation to intelligence. Might also put a different, perhaps unwanted spin on T .. just my two cents.
    Edit: those are euro cents, mind you.
    I changed "intelligent" to "logical." Did that address your concern adequately?

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

that post was amazing athenian.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Perhaps we can post web acronyms also?

I have used the internet for a long time but very little of it for socializing, chatting, or discussing things on forums.

Common Web Acronyms and abbreviations for chat rooms

I'm sure people acan come up w/ much larger lists. These are ones I did a double take on, the 1st time I saw them.

LOL-Laugh Out Loud
    ROFL-Rolling On the Floor
    FWIW-For What It's Worth
    IOW-In Other Words
    IMO-Im My Opinion
    IMHO-In My Humble Opinon

OP-Opening Post?

/rant-end rant
    / - to end that something.

pwned-an accidental misspelling of "owned" that has pwned the internet
    n00b-Newbie-new member, new to the internet, etc.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield