User Tag List

First 891011 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Can we maybe not derail Night & Martoon's welcome thread with a Nocapszy hate-on? It would appear that no one else is taking the suggestion that seriously, not even Nocapszy.
    ...If people keep responding on the subject, I keep responding on the subject.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    ...If people keep responding on the subject, I keep responding on the subject.
    Do you like my new avatar choice, MP?

Trying to get some insight into it. Some folks like it; others find it generic.

Thoughts?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Well, actually... If SJs really did fit that steroetype all the time, then they would be the best mods. Sending everything up in flames because you happen to disagree is very un-modlike behavior. Constraint, consistency, and impartiality make effective enforcers.
    You sure don't sound like an INTP. Those are your opinions of what a mod should be like. And your opinion of Nocapzy... Have you had a disagreement and been proven wrong about something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    If any androids who are willing to stop participating in a forum they enjoy as members and instead moderate it with perfect constraint, consistency, and impartiality join the forum we'll be sure to consider them for next time. In the interim I guess you guys are stuck with us humans.
    Indeed. Humans will be humans, and mods should be allowed to have opinions, too. But they might need more filtering and logical reason than the average user. In my opinion, mods should be able to be whatever they want, even nazis, if they keep the worst parts to themselves and are able to explain why they think like they do, in a logical manner.

Mods and admins are the ruling class, more or less, and there shouldn't be one dominant political view on things... Even "political correctness" should probably not be adhered to by all of them.

These are however only my personal opinions, and they are probably a wee bit too radical to ever make me a mod. I agree with that from an impersonal point of view, because I know that I would piss some people off. I cannot and will not say that Nocapzy would be a bad moderator, though.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Do you like my new avatar choice, MP?

Trying to get some insight into it. Some folks like it; others find it generic.

Thoughts?
    Is it new? It looks to me like it was one of your older ones.

I liked it before and I like it now, though I admit that I can't give very detailed reasoning for it. I guess it's that I like clocks, I like the grim reaper, and I'm amused by incongruity (which comes from the smiley face).

I'm really not sure what others would mean by calling it generic.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Is it new? It looks to me like it was one of your older ones.

I liked it before and I like it now, though I admit that I can't give very detailed reasoning for it. I guess it's that I like clocks, I like the grim reaper, and I'm amused by incongruity (which comes from the smiley face).

I'm really not sure what others would mean by calling it generic.
    Word.

Like you, the contrast between the Grim and the smiley face is especially compelling.

As an aside, I don't think I ever found out why you chose the Mega Man villain as yours...?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Roger, Ivy, i'll shut up about Nocap.

Night and Martoon, congratulations!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    You sure don't sound like an INTP. Those are your opinions of what a mod should be like. And your opinion of Nocapzy... Have you had a disagreement and been proven wrong about something?
    I've never been proven wrong by him. He doesn't really even do that, he just jerks people around.

But I suppose I don't sound like an INTP because I actually said something positive about SJ quallities? Or is it because I said something about what is supposed to be?

Indeed. Humans will be humans, and mods should be allowed to have opinions, too. But they might need more filtering and logical reason than the average user. In my opinion, mods should be able to be whatever they want, even nazis, if they keep the worst parts to themselves and are able to explain why they think like they do, in a logical manner.
    That... is pretty much what I've been intending to say.

Mods and admins are the ruling class, more or less, and there shouldn't be one dominant political view on things... Even "political correctness" should probably not be adhered to by all of them.
    Well, as far as law and order goes, it does generally make sense for enforcers to follow the rules that they have put on display for others.

These are however only my personal opinions, and they are probably a wee bit too radical to ever make me a mod. I agree with that from an impersonal point of view, because I know that I would piss some people off. I cannot and will not say that Nocapzy would be a bad moderator, though.
    Okay.

EDIT:

Roger, Ivy, i'll shut up about Nocap.

Night and Martoon, congratulations!
    Very well. It ends now.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Magic were celebrating here so kick back, have a drink and chill. Dancing is optional.

Feel the love people, feel the love.

Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Word.

Like you, the contrast between the Grim and the smiley face is especially compelling.

As an aside, I don't think I ever found out why you chose the Mega Man villain as yours...?
    As it so happens, I drew the picture myself. When I drew it, I did not intend to actually be drawing the megaman villain, but simply took it as inspiration for the thing I was going to make. I apprently drew something closer to the original than I thought. I only recall there being a green one with a white eye. Was there eventually one of the coloration I used?

Anyhow, the creature I made was something for a world of my own imagination (and there are many). It was a whole race of things that looked like that. They had the ability to turn invisible, and were master thieves. All this has to do with the fact that the Gods of the land decreed that there would be no more killing, and so on and so forth. There are a lot of details I shant get into.

I decided to use that thing as my avatar for three reasons.
    1: I simply like the way it looks, and am pleased to be identified with it.
    2: I thought it would make sense to use something that I drew myself, as avatars are supposed to be a thing of personal identity.
    3: I have an affinity with the stealthiness and caution of those creatures I invented.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Magic were celebrating here so kick back, have a drink and chill. Dancing is optional.

Feel the love people, feel the love.

Seconded.

Don't hate, congratulate.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3