12 Last

Thread: INTJ or ESTJ?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default INTJ or ESTJ?

I know it sounds like a dumb question considering the great disparities between these two types but I really don't know which one of these two - ESTJ or INTJ - I happen to be. The more I research about both these types, the.more I realise I have a lot in common with them, but there also are.a.femissing links with both types.

On one hand, I'm very strategic, plan things way ahead of their time.I already have my whole life planned. I also feel my head is a big Pandora's box, with complex conclusions and countless.ideas normal people would take several dozens of minutes to jump to just popping in and out of my mind all in a second. More importantly, supporting the idea that I am an INTJ, people regard me as a genius, a mastermind of superior intellect even though I feel I am just doing what everyone else should. It's not like I'm smart, others are just dumb to keep up with me. Clearly, I'm arrogant too and full off myself. Lastly.l, I do buy that "there's always more to be improved" INTJ mentality.

On the other hand, the things that make me.feel like an ESTJ are greatly from my passion for order, stability, conservative and family values, following the law, etc. I'm the kind of person who will not cross the street until the light is green. I'm also good at being the lead in a work environment, pointing out what must be done, by who and how. Of course I exceed at getting things done as.well,.as.for I hate excuse makers and I tend to have great willpower to achieve whatever. In terms.of ESTJ mentality, I also love material things like cars, houses,. No ney, and really want to settle down some time. That, my unquestionable feeling of havinv the duty to obey authority and how very down to earth I am. Basically, I could be an ESTJ rather than an INTJ because I don't think social traditions should be questioned.

I think that's basically it. For granted, I know I definitely am NOT a ENTP, ISFJ, ESFJ, INFJ, INFP, ENFJ, ENFP, ISFP or ESFP.
    I relate a little to ESTPs and Intps, and even more.to ENTJs because I do sometimes feel I should conquer the world and show history my might, but for the most part, I identify as either INTJ of ESTJ.

Last details about myself are that I really want mylifeplans to succeed, I enjoy geopolitics as a hobbybecause thereare always so many possibilities invvolved, its a cold business and so on. Ihate excuse makers and sentimentalists with passion, think peoplecan be and achieve whatever they want, as.long as they fight hard for it, and somehow I do very well at debates even though sometimes I defend stances that I reckon are wrong.

So. What do you think? What type am I? ESTJ,INTJ or something else? More importantly, what can I do to find out mysel? Thanks for everything ,I guess. And sorry about grammar mistakes,I am on the.phone, ehehehe >.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

You sound far more like an ESTJ than INTJ.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Jaguar, Punderstorm liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Hm, I think you're confusing intelligence and MBTI in some of this. You can be an intelligent ESTJ, you know? I would look into the cognitive functions if you're confused. Personally, though, I see more Si than Ni. Or, if you're more in to dichotomies, focus on the I/E and S/N letters individually to help break it down some.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

What happened to the ENTJ possibility?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    What happened to the ENTJ possibility?
    On the other hand, the things that make me.feel like an ESTJ are greatly from my passion for order, stability, conservative and family values, following the law, etc. I'm the kind of person who will not cross the street until the light is green. I'm also good at being the lead in a work environment, pointing out what must be done, by who and how. Of course I exceed at getting things done as.well,.as.for I hate excuse makers and I tend to have great willpower to achieve whatever. In terms.of ESTJ mentality, I also love material things like cars, houses,. No ney, and really want to settle down some time. That, my unquestionable feeling of havinv the duty to obey authority and how very down to earth I am. Basically, I could be an ESTJ rather than an INTJ because I don't think social traditions should be questioned.
    The bolded are not ENTJ, not INTJ, not NT at all. Not cross the street till the light is green and social traditions should not be questioned? That's as SJ as it gets.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm going with ESTJ.

Superior intellect =/= INTJ. The "mastermind" thing is more to do with style of thinking (plus biased word choice), and less to do with intelligence.

Welcome to the forum, btw. Nice to see more ESTJs around here. I remember back in the day when I was the only one...
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The bolded are not ENTJ, not INTJ, not NT at all. Not cross the street till the light is green and social traditions should not be questioned? That's as SJ as it gets.
    I thought it was the same guy: Am I a damn INFJ or a fucked-up INTJ?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Socionics
    LSE Te

No, that's not SJ. That's stupidity.
    http://personalitycafe.com/members/pinina.html
    Main typology profile.
    Likes Ursa liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Pinina View Post
    No, that's not SJ. That's stupidity.
    That's entirely stereotypical SJ behaviorist. Go read the OP.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Socionics
    LSE Te

That's entirely stereotypical SJ behaviorist. Go read the OP.
    Yea, I read the OP. Obvious ESTJ.
    Though not for those reasons.

I also feel my head is a big Pandora's box, with complex conclusions and countless.ideas normal people would take several dozens of minutes to jump to just popping in and out of my mind all in a second.
    Clear Ne, for example.

I do buy that "there's always more to be improved" INTJ mentality.
    Te, not INTJ.

If we take a look at what he describes as an ESTJ:
    Red is all Te, or ExTJ, and not particularly ESTJ.
    Green could be Si-Fe, but most likely not type-related.
    Blue is not type-related. Yes, it's generally attributed to SJs. If we take a look at the source of this, David Keirsey and PUMII, he is heavily biased towards NT, and against SJ. Isn't it surprising that he heavily bias his work towards his own temperament, and find the biggest one to bash all the attributes people don't like with other people? (That is exaggerated, I know, but you get my point.)
    http://personalitycafe.com/members/pinina.html
    Main typology profile.
    Likes Ursa, Punderstorm liked this post