• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Do you notice people's Myers-Briggs or their username first?

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do a scan to see what type of post it is. It might be too long and dense, so I'll skim it. It might have nothing but a gif. People who tend toward one style become "that wordy person" or "that irrelevant gif person" in my head.

The stuff I usually notice:
Language (tone, structure, etc. which is sometimes enough to know who's behind the post)
Avatar (this might come first, depending on the avatar)
Username (sometimes just the shape of their name)
Maybe signature

I double back at the end to see what the person's MBTI/enneagram if I don't already know it. Sometimes midpost I'll guess the user's type based on how they convey things, and then I'll check their listed type to see if I'm right.

Would you refer to the person as INTP Great_Bay or Great_Bay INTP.

For me, you'd be "short post guy."

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Usually their avatar stands out to me first.

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool avatar. Do you like emus?

Thank you. My parents made the content themselves.
They always seem like they know something I don't, but I like them.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you. My parents made the content themselves.
They always seem like they know something I don't, but I like them.

Emus are the second largest bird in the world after the ostrich and they eat fruit, insects, and seeds.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
The post, and I usually check out the rest if the post stands out to me, either by being really good or really bad. Then it's usually profile photo, username, then MBTI, Enneagram, join date, etc.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
unless one had some visual/reading disorder, I'm not sure it'd be likely that one would notice the mbti type first considering its placement and size.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
unless one had some visual/reading disorder, I'm not sure it'd be likely that one would notice the mbti type first considering its placement and size.

True, but there is the odd time when my eye has gone there only to find there is no MBTI listed. It appears my eye knows where to look for MBTI type only in someone's profile.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Emus are the second largest bird in the world after the ostrich and they eat fruit, insects, and seeds.

I must be emuuu.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just notice their essence and their vibes, man.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Avatar, post, username. Triangular view oriented clockwise 90 degrees. But eyes follow in a counterclockwise 360 degree view.

Lunar Light

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Username > avatar > post > MBTI/ennea type most of the time.

If I'm especially engrossed in a thread, it will be post > username> avatar > MBTI / ennea.

It just makes sense to me since it's more linear. I tend to notice username/avatar at about the same time since they're right next to each other.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've lost notice of people's MBTI type generally, I usually notice their post, then avatar, then username, and if their post is peculiar, I'll look at their type.

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I probably read the username before the MBTI, but I find the MBTI sticks in my head more, because it's interesting to think about. I'll probably find the more time I spend on here and get to know people better and better their names will stick slightly moreso, but the MBTI will never stop sticking in my head.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose I look at all three, the avatar first, then the name, then the post. But in the end, I only notice what is notable.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Avatars come first for me, because it's the biggest and most noticeable thing (besides the post itself). IF the avatar doesn't give it away, I glance up at the username. Generally after that I look at the typings.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I first look at the avatar and then their typinging, then their username. I usually remember people by their avatar unless I see them a lot or they change avatars often.