User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: First dates

MBTI
    INFJ

Default First dates

Which type do you think is most likely to be disarmingly open and honest on a first date?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Avoiding theory at the moment, in my personal experience it was the ENTJ. I wasn't bothered by it, I just hadn't ever experienced someone who was so direct and personal in his questions and self-relevations.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    Which type do you think is most likely to be disarmingly open and honest on a first date?
    I generally am but its really just a reflection of my concern that it may all be a waste of time otherwise.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I've gone on first dates with two different ISTJs and both times I remember thinking "Well, okay. We are just getting straight down to business aren't we?"
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I am, but I think it has less to do with me being INFP and more to do with me being an enneagram 4w5 sx. I am open and honest with everyone I meet, sometimes to the point of awkwardness. I just really want people to know who I really am. I can't stand to be seen as something I'm not. And I only want connections with people who can understand that and accept me as is.

Also, this seems like it might be one of the things that goes across types. The actual difference may lie in each type's reasoning and approach to what is most important to bring up first in a conversation.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I usually run people into the ground on first dates (and why it has yet to go over well with an introvert). I am candid to begin with, and when I first meet someone this is amplified a ton. I wouldn't call it open per-say, I self regulate a ton. Nevertheless, and observer very likely would call me shockingly open.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Ovid liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Perhaps you're right Gawain. Went on a first date recently and he was so different to other guys I've been on dates with! Usually they tend to seem all 'manly' and not show much vulnerability, but this dude was totally willing to talk about things like what he's scared of and times he's been sad etc. Wasn't what I'm used to, although a pleasant surprise!
    Likes Gawain liked this post

Are we talking charmingly honest or TMI-now-you're-getting-creepy honest?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

ENFJ. They start the biopsy of my character, I don't die on the table, and they open up.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    862 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Pretty much any extrovert who feels comfortable around you.