• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] First dates

mills

MBTI Type
INFJ
Which type do you think is most likely to be disarmingly open and honest on a first date?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Avoiding theory at the moment, in my personal experience it was the ENTJ. I wasn't bothered by it, I just hadn't ever experienced someone who was so direct and personal in his questions and self-relevations.

Lark

Which type do you think is most likely to be disarmingly open and honest on a first date?

I generally am but its really just a reflection of my concern that it may all be a waste of time otherwise.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've gone on first dates with two different ISTJs and both times I remember thinking "Well, okay. We are just getting straight down to business aren't we?"

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am, but I think it has less to do with me being INFP and more to do with me being an enneagram 4w5 sx. I am open and honest with everyone I meet, sometimes to the point of awkwardness. I just really want people to know who I really am. I can't stand to be seen as something I'm not. And I only want connections with people who can understand that and accept me as is.

Also, this seems like it might be one of the things that goes across types. The actual difference may lie in each type's reasoning and approach to what is most important to bring up first in a conversation.

á´…eparted

passages
I usually run people into the ground on first dates (and why it has yet to go over well with an introvert). I am candid to begin with, and when I first meet someone this is amplified a ton. I wouldn't call it open per-say, I self regulate a ton. Nevertheless, and observer very likely would call me shockingly open.

mills

MBTI Type
INFJ
Perhaps you're right Gawain. Went on a first date recently and he was so different to other guys I've been on dates with! Usually they tend to seem all 'manly' and not show much vulnerability, but this dude was totally willing to talk about things like what he's scared of and times he's been sad etc. Wasn't what I'm used to, although a pleasant surprise!

Sil

This is a test.

Are we talking charmingly honest or TMI-now-you're-getting-creepy honest?

IDreamtIWasABee

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFJ. They start the biopsy of my character, I don't die on the table, and they open up.

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Pretty much any extrovert who feels comfortable around you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If the INFJ isn't being one-sided on. Probs the INFJ first and foremost.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTJ I suppose. The open honesty.. can be admirable.

I've only dated ISFP, INFP, and ESFP(the latter being too draining) well most except the INFP really. INFJ' I've almost dated before but not quite. It's remarkable how much F types get drawn to me... I wonder what a T type female would be like.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't dated a lot of people, so it is difficult to draw upon previous experiences. I am a very candid person during dates and don't really care for putting up airs or smoke mirrors- point blank, you either like me enough for the truths I've put out there, or you don't appreciate it, in that case, bye.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Avoiding theory at the moment, in my personal experience it was the ENTJ. I wasn't bothered by it, I just hadn't ever experienced someone who was so direct and personal in his questions and self-relevations.

After my first date, I learnt that there are people who are not. :)