User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: each types response to 'what is art'?

Default each types response to 'what is art'?

If I were to pose the question 'what is art?' To all types, what would each of them answer?

MBTI
    :}

Im sorry if this is bad!! Im new at this!

ESTJ: Art is time that could have been better spent doing something productive.
    ESTP: Eh I was never really into all that art stuff. Who needs paint and a brush when you have football and women!
    ESFJ: Art is beautiful! Whenever I have friends over I make sure I point out all the beautiful picture of flowers! It makes me happy, and it makes them happy!
    ESFP: There are so many different forms of art! There are pastels, there are watercolors, and I love it when everything comes together a beautiful picture is made. It makes me feel good
    ISTJ: Never was a huge fan of art. I always thought it was too messy.
    ISTP: Art is ok to look at for a bit, but after a while it is just plain boring.
    ISFJ: I like art because it connects everyone together. It makes the world a beautiful place, and makes me happy to be alive and with those I love.
    ENTJ: Some art is better than other art. If people could decide what art is worth seeing and put that in one spot then maybe Id see it. Move people!
    ENTP: I love art! You can be as creative as you want with it! There are no limits to it, and you can just go crazy! Art is every crazy thought you have ever had exploded onto a canvas!!!
    ENFJ: Art is supposed to make you feel something. I love it when art spurs something inside of someone that they never knew they had. Art can start a revolution!
    ENFP: Art is a fun outlet for my feelings! Its time for letting go creatively in a way that doesnt hurt anyones feelings. My favorite artwork is the artwork that doesnt always make sense, but you know deep inside that the artist felt something when he painted it.
    INTJ: I dont know much about art, but its beautiful and deep down I enjoy it.
    INTP: I have lots of interesting facts about art! I think that art is a combination of a persons subconcious desires and asthetic taste.
    INFJ: Art moves humanity in times when individuals are at their lowest. It can shine a light on serious problems facing our society and hopefully enlighten all those who need it.
    INFP: Who is to say what art means to anyone else. I think art is beautiful, it encaptures the whole of a persons soul, and shares meaning with others in a way words sometimes cannot.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My POV most resembles INTP and INFP above. I am most put off by the ENTJ description- some art being better than others. I mean some people prefer some art pieces to others due to differences in personal taste but it doesn't make one piece inherently better or more worthy than another piece. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    My POV most resembles INTP and INFP above.
    Same.
    Likes INTPhonetics liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

ENTP: Trolling
    ESFP: Sex
    INTP: Fractals
    INFP: Nirvana
    ESTJ: Architectural blueprints
    ISTJ: Miscellaneous home fixtures
    ISFJ: Miscellaneous kitchen fixtures
    INTJ: Mind games
    ESTP: Graffiti
    ESFJ: Romance novels
    ISFP: Tattoos
    ENFJ: Charity functions
    ENTJ: Gaining the upper hand
    ISTP: Automotive design
    INFJ: Convincing skeptics they are indeed the least common type of them all
    ENFP: Eccentric literature

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    INTP Ni

"INFJ: Convincing skeptics they are indeed the least common type of them all"
    Lol.

Art is something I should be doing.
    I now realise ENTP, which Psychiatrist screwed me up, my T, allowing relationship with INFJ, F to develop in me in place of my weaken, damaged, violated T.

Holland Code (RIASEC): IAE
    Ne (95%) Fi (85%) Ni /Fe (75%) Ti (70%) Si (55%) Se (50%)
    -------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

If you didn't ask my type, but asked me, I would say that art is something that can be experienced but not made. It's an act of perception, an isolation of phenomena from its context. At the most, an artist can only suggest art.

Brought to you by The Campaign to Differentiate ENFPs from Pink Marshmallow Fluff

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

ENTJ: Art is a planned, emotional experience. There are minimal technical thresholds that a work should either adhere to, transcend, or consciously deconstruct to be considered good. My favorite works are those that function synecdochically. The artist--through exquisite attention to the particulars of a instant--manage to capture something common to us all, but beyond any of us.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Everything is art.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Any product of creativity which has something (not necessarily new but personal or interpersonal or societal) to say about people or human life in general. It doesn't have to try to change anything except at it's best to shake some age old preconceptions whether or not it ends up changing things. That's up the audience.
    "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."
    - Bernard Russell