• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] each types response to 'what is art'?

SwimmerGal97

If I were to pose the question 'what is art?' To all types, what would each of them answer?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im sorry if this is bad!! Im new at this!

ESTJ: Art is time that could have been better spent doing something productive.
ESTP: Eh I was never really into all that art stuff. Who needs paint and a brush when you have football and women!
ESFJ: Art is beautiful! Whenever I have friends over I make sure I point out all the beautiful picture of flowers! It makes me happy, and it makes them happy!
ESFP: There are so many different forms of art! There are pastels, there are watercolors, and I love it when everything comes together a beautiful picture is made. It makes me feel good
ISTJ: Never was a huge fan of art. I always thought it was too messy.
ISTP: Art is ok to look at for a bit, but after a while it is just plain boring.
ISFJ: I like art because it connects everyone together. It makes the world a beautiful place, and makes me happy to be alive and with those I love.
ENTJ: Some art is better than other art. If people could decide what art is worth seeing and put that in one spot then maybe Id see it. Move people!
ENTP: I love art! You can be as creative as you want with it! There are no limits to it, and you can just go crazy! Art is every crazy thought you have ever had exploded onto a canvas!!!:smile:
ENFJ: Art is supposed to make you feel something. I love it when art spurs something inside of someone that they never knew they had. Art can start a revolution!
ENFP: Art is a fun outlet for my feelings! Its time for letting go creatively in a way that doesnt hurt anyones feelings. My favorite artwork is the artwork that doesnt always make sense, but you know deep inside that the artist felt something when he painted it.
INTJ: I dont know much about art, but its beautiful and deep down I enjoy it.
INTP: I have lots of interesting facts about art! I think that art is a combination of a persons subconcious desires and asthetic taste.
INFJ: Art moves humanity in times when individuals are at their lowest. It can shine a light on serious problems facing our society and hopefully enlighten all those who need it.
INFP: Who is to say what art means to anyone else. I think art is beautiful, it encaptures the whole of a persons soul, and shares meaning with others in a way words sometimes cannot.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My POV most resembles INTP and INFP above. I am most put off by the ENTJ description- some art being better than others. I mean some people prefer some art pieces to others due to differences in personal taste but it doesn't make one piece inherently better or more worthy than another piece. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
ENTP: Trolling
ESFP: Sex
INTP: Fractals
INFP: Nirvana
ESTJ: Architectural blueprints
ISTJ: Miscellaneous home fixtures
ISFJ: Miscellaneous kitchen fixtures
INTJ: Mind games
ESTP: Graffiti
ESFJ: Romance novels
ISFP: Tattoos
ENFJ: Charity functions
ENTJ: Gaining the upper hand
ISTP: Automotive design
INFJ: Convincing skeptics they are indeed the least common type of them all
ENFP: Eccentric literature

PerfectlyConfused

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"INFJ: Convincing skeptics they are indeed the least common type of them all"
Lol.

Art is something I should be doing.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you didn't ask my type, but asked me, I would say that art is something that can be experienced but not made. It's an act of perception, an isolation of phenomena from its context. At the most, an artist can only suggest art.

Brought to you by The Campaign to Differentiate ENFPs from Pink Marshmallow Fluff

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ: Art is a planned, emotional experience. There are minimal technical thresholds that a work should either adhere to, transcend, or consciously deconstruct to be considered good. My favorite works are those that function synecdochically. The artist--through exquisite attention to the particulars of a instant--manage to capture something common to us all, but beyond any of us.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Everything is art.

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Any product of creativity which has something (not necessarily new but personal or interpersonal or societal) to say about people or human life in general. It doesn't have to try to change anything except at it's best to shake some age old preconceptions whether or not it ends up changing things. That's up the audience.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
ENTP: Trolling
ESFP: Sex
INTP: Fractals
INFP: Nirvana
ESTJ: Architectural blueprints
ISTJ: Miscellaneous home fixtures
ISFJ: Miscellaneous kitchen fixtures
INTJ: Mind games
ESTP: Graffiti
ESFJ: Romance novels
ISFP: Tattoos
ENFJ: Charity functions
ENTJ: Gaining the upper hand
ISTP: Automotive design
INFJ: Convincing skeptics they are indeed the least common type of them all
ENFP: Eccentric literature

Fractals fascinate me.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Art for me is anything that makes me feel better or inspires me, it's showing the beautiful aspects of every thing or every emotion and can sometimes have a powerful message in them..

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I agree with the ISTP one in the first list. Art is just kinda... pretty or not pretty then I move on.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Art is an interesting hobby except when people whine about not being appreciated enough.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unknown.jpeg

images.jpeg

images.png

images-2.jpeg

images-1.jpeg

Here you are : The main stuff is to communicate.

Art is useless, go home !

Absolutely anything is art.

Give up art there is already too much of it !