User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: each types response to 'what is art'?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    649 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

"The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power."

I think it is just that. That is why I agree with the INTP statement (alongside the ENFJ and ENTJ ones) However, I often despise sculptural pieces and modern art you see in art galleries can be uninteresting. Usually I appriciate aesthetically pleasing pieces of artwork but this for example -

is boring.

The first post about the types interpretation of art is anti-sensor biased. Many people in my art class are sensors, who seem to be skilled at the practical development and very aware of sensory detailed in their work (which I personally find difficulty with) They do not have the inability to understand or admire abstract concepts.
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Art is art. I know what it is when I look at it.

Better question is "What's each type's favorite kind of art?"

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp
    Socionics
    Ell None

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo2 View Post
    Im sorry if this is bad!! Im new at this!

ESTJ: Art is time that could have been better spent doing something productive.
    ESTP: Eh I was never really into all that art stuff. Who needs paint and a brush when you have football and women!
    ESFJ: Art is beautiful! Whenever I have friends over I make sure I point out all the beautiful picture of flowers! It makes me happy, and it makes them happy!
    ESFP: There are so many different forms of art! There are pastels, there are watercolors, and I love it when everything comes together a beautiful picture is made. It makes me feel good
    ISTJ: Never was a huge fan of art. I always thought it was too messy.
    ISTP: Art is ok to look at for a bit, but after a while it is just plain boring.
    ISFJ: I like art because it connects everyone together. It makes the world a beautiful place, and makes me happy to be alive and with those I love.
    ENTJ: Some art is better than other art. If people could decide what art is worth seeing and put that in one spot then maybe Id see it. Move people!
    ENTP: I love art! You can be as creative as you want with it! There are no limits to it, and you can just go crazy! Art is every crazy thought you have ever had exploded onto a canvas!!!
    ENFJ: Art is supposed to make you feel something. I love it when art spurs something inside of someone that they never knew they had. Art can start a revolution!
    ENFP: Art is a fun outlet for my feelings! Its time for letting go creatively in a way that doesnt hurt anyones feelings. My favorite artwork is the artwork that doesnt always make sense, but you know deep inside that the artist felt something when he painted it.
    INTJ: I dont know much about art, but its beautiful and deep down I enjoy it.
    INTP: I have lots of interesting facts about art! I think that art is a combination of a persons subconcious desires and asthetic taste.
    INFJ: Art moves humanity in times when individuals are at their lowest. It can shine a light on serious problems facing our society and hopefully enlighten all those who need it.
    INFP: Who is to say what art means to anyone else. I think art is beautiful, it encaptures the whole of a persons soul, and shares meaning with others in a way words sometimes cannot.
    Well according to this, INFJ's are the only one's who understand art!
    Ell Amiable S/DC 2w3

Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.
    The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien -- my other Bible

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

NF - a way to picture human understanding of themselves and the world

NT - what design can accomplish

SJ - a way of connecting without judgment

SP - an activity to explore the present moment
    Why you looking for a harmony?
    There is harmony in everything
    It's a butterfly who waits for wind
    To fly away

If you're looking for a dream girl
    I'll never be your dream girl
    Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl

MBTI
    XSFP
    Socionics
    SEE Se

ESTP: Eh I was never really into all that art stuff. Who needs paint and a brush when you have football and women!
    ESFJ: Art is beautiful! Whenever I have friends over I make sure I point out all the beautiful picture of flowers! It makes me happy, and it makes them happy!
    ESFP: There are so many different forms of art! There are pastels, there are watercolors, and I love it when everything comes together a beautiful picture is made. It makes me feel good
    ISTP: Art is ok to look at for a bit, but after a while it is just plain boring.
    ISFJ: I like art because it connects everyone together. It makes the world a beautiful place, and makes me happy to be alive and with those I love.
    ENTJ: Some art is better than other art. If people could decide what art is worth seeing and put that in one spot then maybe Id see it. Move people!
    ENTP: I love art! You can be as creative as you want with it! There are no limits to it, and you can just go crazy! Art is every crazy thought you have ever had exploded onto a canvas!!!
    ENFJ: Art is supposed to make you feel something. I love it when art spurs something inside of someone that they never knew they had. Art can start a revolution!
    ENFP: Art is a fun outlet for my feelings! Its time for letting go creatively in a way that doesnt hurt anyones feelings. My favorite artwork is the artwork that doesnt always make sense, but you know deep inside that the artist felt something when he painted it.
    INTP: I have lots of interesting facts about art! I think that art is a combination of a persons subconcious desires and asthetic taste.
    INFJ: Art moves humanity in times when individuals are at their lowest. It can shine a light on serious problems facing our society and hopefully enlighten all those who need it.
    INFP: Who is to say what art means to anyone else. I think art is beautiful, it encaptures the whole of a persons soul, and shares meaning with others in a way words sometimes cannot.
    I definitely relate with the Istp. To me, art is anything pretty. I'm not into that art gallery mindset of "this painting represents..." or "you can tell the what the artist was feeling through the brushstrokes". If it catches my eye, yay, moving on...
    Likes that's not my name liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    845 sx/sp

I relate most with the INFJ, ENFJ and INFP definitions of art. In my opinion, art, at its best, can inspire people and serve as the foundation for culture. It serves as a tool for reaching into the deepest depths of the nature of humanity and drawing out what is best. A medium for anamnesis.
    Dum Spiro, Spero

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I think art is an extension of oneself/ones' personality into an external medium, with the intent to say something, convey something, express something.

As such, it'll vary from one person to the next, in terms of what that extension is and means, what the person finds beautiful, what the person finds valuable, what the person is saying or expressing.

It's also why we all have our own preferences as far as art we like and art we dislike.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

was here Array that's not my name's Avatar
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/so
    Socionics
    iei Ni

SP here, art is subjective. That's the only definition in good faith that works for me. Boring, I know.

This made me laugh in part because its the honest brutal truth. There are instances where art is important to be sure, but I find that a lot of times people use it to make themselves seem more interesting than they actually are when they could have actually been doing something interesting.

Member Array
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Ntsr None

Art to me is literally anything you wanna call art because of the meanings you see in it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Did you arrange it yourself? (i'm not being sarcastic, it's that you actually suceeded in the ENFP's perspective and I think overall, congrats )