User Tag List

MBTI
    infp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Default im confused about mbti and socionics??

ok so as an intp is it possable to use the mbti ni(introverted intuition) as a dominant function?iv read that it is part of the intp shadow functions but the mbti says it usualy emerges in stress ,so in stress could an intp be using the mbti ni(introverted intuition) as a dominant function???please ease my frustration?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chado View Post
    ok so as an intp is it possable to use the mbti ni(introverted intuition) as a dominant function?iv read that it is part of the intp shadow functions but the mbti says it usualy emerges in stress ,so in stress could an intp be using the mbti ni(introverted intuition) as a dominant function???please ease my frustration?
    I think Socionics was created to confuse people who understand MBTI - to throw them off.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Evastover liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

First of all according to MBTI INTP doesent use Ni as any sort of function, some MBTI spin offs do say that tho(like beebes typology for example), as does socionics.

According to jungian typology(from which MBTI, socionics etc were derived from) and MBTI there are 4 functions, T, F, N and S, introversion and extraversion of these functions are habitual ways of using those functions. In other words Ni and Ne are not 2 functions, but the function is N, and Ni and Ne are different habitual ways of using intuition. Ni users have a habitual way of using intuition as a means to abstract(remove irrelevant data from X to get to the underlying cause/answer/reason/whateverinquestionatthetime), while Ne users habitually use intuition to add and relate to something external and that way "see behind the scenes". INTPs have an abstract attitude towards thinking, which means that an INTP would first try to see all the possibilities using intuition and then remove what doesent make sense from thinking point of view.

I would suggest clicking the "read" text on my signature and start reading.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read