User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ne doms how did people react to your genuine self as a kid?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • more positively i was encouraged

3 18.75%
  • more negatively i was discouraged

9 56.25%
  • a little of both equally

4 25.00%
123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Question for Ne doms

ok so it's saying that ENxPs are often the most introverted of the extroverted types. so I have this theory that a lot of it may be because when they expressed themselves as kids got a lot of negative feed back when they said their thoughts. I don't mean like put the ne dom down on purpose but a lot of "that's random" or "where did that come from" i dunno what i'm trying to convey well i do but i can't properly. so how did people react to you when you were yourself as a kid? in a way that made you want to continue being yourself and continue to share your true thoughts. or in a way as such that though you weren't beaten with a bully stick (which is bull's testicles btw) it made you not confident in expressing yourself, out of fear of being ostracized or not liked.

I really don't know I am willing to be wrong or right or both

and do you find yourself to be more "introverted" than the average extrovert?

Oh and i tagged my friend's list because it was easier than thinking of every Ne dom on the forum. so stop asking why you're tagged if you're not Ne dom
    Last edited by prplchknz; 09-06-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

yeah, i got a lot of comments from adults and other kids for saying random things at random times and i am a lot calmer now compared to then. but i still think i'm pretty outgoing, energetic, and talkative and stuff. i think all ExxPs were pretty random/weird kids one way or another, but ESxPs typically learn best through experience while ENxPs have inferior Si possibly making it harder for them to take information from their past experiences and adapting to that information (at least that's how it went down for me).
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I've always wondered why Ne doms talk so damn much. Even the men.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ok so it's saying that ENxPs are often the most introverted of the extroverted types. so I have this theory that a lot of it may be because when they expressed themselves as kids got a lot of negative feed back when they said their thoughts. I don't mean like put the ne dom down on purpose but a lot of "that's random" or "where did that come from" i dunno what i'm trying to convey well i do but i can't properly. so how did people react to you when you were yourself as a kid? in a way that made you want to continue being yourself and continue to share your true thoughts. or in a way as such that though you weren't beaten with a bully stick (which is bull's testicles btw) it made you not confident in expressing yourself, out of fear of being ostracized or not liked.

I really don't know I am willing to be wrong or right or both

and do you find yourself to be more "introverted" than the average extrovert?
    yep. i think that's very much true to my experience. i was rewarded for creativity when they were within the realm of what people found 'acceptable', but i recall very early on thinking "i need to tone it down or no one will like me". i became much less extroverted then, and tried to blend in more. i was often told that i was being too silly, or that my ideas and choices were weird.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I've always wondered why Ne doms talk so damn much. Even the men.
    brainstorming out loud. it's the Ne way.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Even as an adult I'm paranoid and cautious about what I say and do infront of others.. 27 year olds just aren't suppose to jump around and be hyper and declare people their friends on a whim like they're in 2nd grade.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    brainstorming out loud. it's the Ne way.
    I would feel quite awkward brainstorming out loud, though I tend to hum a lot and walk around randomly (which irritates my family).

There are obvious merits to talking/reading something out loud though. I have noticed that doing this makes whatever-it-is much easier to remember. I was more talking about general conversation though: I tend to get a bit overwhelmed by the intensity of Ne users (doms especially) when they talk to me or chat on Skype. They also send really long, detailed emails, whereas I tend to be very conscise and to the point.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Even as an adult I'm paranoid and cautious about what I say and do infront of others.. 27 year olds just aren't suppose to jump around and be hyper and declare people their friends on a whim like they're in 2nd grade.
    I like when people do that, as long as i'm in the mood and they're cool
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

I started having the problem the Ne doms described late highschool early college. I would have the thoughts but was shy and never expressed them til i was a sophmore in highschool. I guess i was called weird as a kid but I was never told to stop talking. if anything I was told to talk more.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I felt very accepted as a child as I were. Thanks to ESFP dad and INFJ mom.

I've experinced people not understanding me later in my life. It did bother me at one time but these days I'm so ok with who I am and how I am (personality) that I don't really care if people don't like me or if they critisize me.

I have always been very extraverted and very talkative. I still am. I have tried to learn how to talk less in group situations. I'm sometimes more succesful and sometimes less.