User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Hey Bluewing, your affiinity for MBTI never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to write this up, I finally got around to reading through part 1.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing
    ENFP PROFILE
    The ENFP attempts to see the entire field and for this reason may forego focusing on any particular aspect as to avoid getting caught up in detail, which is anathema to abstract Extroverted perception. This furthermore illustrates the lack of agenda in Extroverted Perception. The Dominant Extroverted perception of ENPs, much like for their SP counterparts leads them to have light-hearted attitude towards the external environment.
    Interesting way of saying it and later you make the conclusion that I was thinking of. And I agree, at least for me, I always thought of myself as having an overactive imagination/sense of humor about the world. I'm definitely an upbeat, 'light-hearted' person.

This is where the ENFP shall derive the true sense of self. The External perception are but vapor, no more than fleeting hunches that this type comes across.
    This whole section about how and perhaps why ENFPs get overwhelmed by the environment rings true. There is no agenda or judgement and we don't identify with the environment or try to find things to focus on -- so we just take everything in one big rush and can get overwhelmed and can feel lost in a sea of stimuli. The world kinda swirls and turns around us and we feel grounded in ourselves...I think?

The ability to view the big picture with no preconceived notions or judgments as well as affinity with the human element makes the ENFPs excel at mediation.
    I know, right? Thanks for noticing! Hahahaaha

Effortlessly they are able to understand the interpersonal perspective of all involved and with proper use of Introverted Feeling should be able to concoct the most humane solution possible both to the individuals involved and groups they are affiliated.
    I totally agree with this.

It's true being able to neutralize your own personal agenda, being objective, intuitively understanding people (their motivations, what they really mean, what they really want), putting bias on hold, and wanting to arrive at the 'most humane solution' (nice way to phrase it!) for everyone while maintaining the need for truth and fairness goes a long way. You really have to be committed to the principle and ultimate goal of mediation to be a good...mediator.

I'll say it, I really do think I'm better at mediation than most other non-pros and if that's related to type, awesome. The world needs more (better) mediators. I have and still do step up to mediate between people and groups in formal and informal settings.

I've seen lots of people in positions of authority moderate end up just being bullies, paper pushers, or self-aggrandizing politicians. Or just miss the point.

The dominance of Extroverted Intuition makes ENFPs excel at enterprises requiring imagination. Should they develop the ability to focus and perseverance by cultivating their Introverting Feeling and further augmenting those qualities by the tough-minded approach of Extroverted Thinking, the ENFPs will excel as novelists, short-story writers and poets.
    Jyyeeaaah! Good to hear. Hahaha. I don't think it's just me but it seems even amongst ENFPs on the forum, there are a number of writers.

In their presentation they are especially gifted at hitting just the right ambience to make their message seem favorable...Because the ENFP is in such close affinity with the perceptions and feelings of others as well as the general ambience, he can make his message presentable to even the dullest of observers. The above seem to be sound reasons to propose that the ENFPs tend to have the best communication skills of all types.
    You make me blush.

And I agree.

Hahahahah

For this reason they often make excellent educational writers, entertainers and teachers of spirituality as they are able to connect and reach out to individuals of almost all kinds, as well as make even the most abstruse ideas accessible to even the starkest of philistines.
    Apparently politics is my true calling in life.

Also very atypically to an Intuitive type, standing in sharp contrast especially to the INTs, ENFPs tend to be very patient with those who misunderstand their teaching, willing to explain themselves more than twice due to their comfort and confidence with their communication skills and deep sympathy for the individual, especially one seeking an intuitive dream (Ne), or a higher purpose (Fi).
    Hahahahaha, this made me laugh. You know, comparing myself the the INTX I know IRL, yeah, I am more patient than they are in general with people... or just warmer in our shared impatience. Though, I do have an INTP friend who works in IT helpdesk and she is genuinely helpful and patient, though I think in social settings -- not so much.

Sogyal Rinpoche is another representative of this phenomenon.
    Wow, interesting praise he is an Elvis of spiritual teaching and idol for old school hippies. I know don't stone me, this is meant as praise. He's apparently a very charismatic guy.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Place holder for comments about p. 2 of Bluewing's ENFP profile
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Hi Blue Wing, thanks for the insights. I was wondering where did you find the reading material for cognitive processes. Yours is very much more detailed than other websites. Could you share where you got them? I would like to work on my personal development. Thanks so much.

MBTI
    intp

That was fantastic, I will deconstruct it later.

Edit: No I won't! It's full of so much information that I would never be able to stop speculating or get to a point. But thanks again for the awesome post. It did drive me to post a long post- that is in my "I'm new, please help type me!" thread, because these boards shouldn't be spammed with information about ME .

As you would see from that post, I only took one or two lines from your text and speculated about it for a long time.
    Last edited by Annuit Coeptis; 04-19-2008 at 01:10 PM.

MBTI
    JIxT

As earlier mentioned, unhealthy ENFPs are often criticized by their observers as fickle and unreliable as is often a common defect of a perceiving type.
    VERY accurate.

This fickleness combined with fast-paced adventurousness may lead to a general feeling of impatience from others. This is my experience.

MBTI
    ENFP

Hi BlueWig,
    I really like your posts, they are very indepth and insightful.
    Do you write them yourself or are they from a websites?
    Because if you write them yourself then great stuff!!

MBTI
    JIxT

As I said earlier, the whole piece is very accurate, although to my experiences, the following excerpts are creepy accurate.

This makes the ENFP especially adept at the art of improvisation, most clearly the case when it comes to dealing with people and the human element, yet could also lead to impulsiveness and poor decision making as a result of marked preference for perception over judgment. The Extroverted Perceiver deals with the outer world unconsciously, as the perceiving functions are by definition unconscious. Thus, here again we notice that the EP type requires least contemplation to prepare for action of all 4. This leads to the sense of quickness the EP types tend to be renowned for. We should note that Extroverted perception can very easily be misunderstood for hyperactivity and inherent inability to focus because information tends to be incepted into the mind of an EP in a torrential fashion. As there is no grid of extroverted judgment in the outer world of the EP.
    I am definitely guilty of misunderstanding an ENFP for being hyperactive and being inable to focus. Some I know go as far as maldiagnosing them with ADD and other disorders.

[QUOTE]Another reason the EP tends to be
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    JIxT

As I said earlier, the whole piece is very accurate, although to my experiences, the following excerpts are creepy accurate.

This makes the ENFP especially adept at the art of improvisation, most clearly the case when it comes to dealing with people and the human element, yet could also lead to impulsiveness and poor decision making as a result of marked preference for perception over judgment. The Extroverted Perceiver deals with the outer world unconsciously, as the perceiving functions are by definition unconscious. Thus, here again we notice that the EP type requires least contemplation to prepare for action of all 4. This leads to the sense of quickness the EP types tend to be renowned for. We should note that Extroverted perception can very easily be misunderstood for hyperactivity and inherent inability to focus because information tends to be incepted into the mind of an EP in a torrential fashion. As there is no grid of extroverted judgment in the outer world of the EP.
    I am definitely guilty of misunderstanding an ENFP for being hyperactive and being inable to focus. Some I know go as far as maldiagnosing them with ADD and other disorders.

Another reason the EP tends to be ‘all over the place’ is the fact that they do not have an internal agenda to how information is to be collected. This, for the ENFP is slightly compensated by the presence of tertiary Extroverted Thinking which provides that grid of perception and external stability that the EP types tend to lack.

Yet, such a thing is unknown to the Extroverted Perceiver, as his inner unconscious ‘agenda’ is much less firmly founded. It has its seat in the guise of inferior Introverted Sensing. Thus, the Extroverted perception leaps at all information simultaneously, head over heels. This can induce the EP to be dearth of a sense of priority as all external entities that seem appealing (usually those that are novel), will be subject to exploration. In an intense mode, such a drive is highly likely to overshadow Introverted perception and the Extroverted perceiver will likely over-stimulate himself.
    Definitely. They have a tendency to know the big picture and even look at the smallest of details just for the peace of mind that they saw them. The internet may cause a lot of tension, with its overload of knowledge and the ENFPs very explorative nature.

The nature of Thinking tends to be negative and self-sabotaging for the ENFP, which undermines their external confidence and fluidity represented by Extroverted perception. Incidentally this leads the ENFP to have a rather fearful view of the world which may lead to many inhibitions that are nearly unheard of for ETP types. This is most distinctly represented in the guise of the ENFP’s shadow or inferior function, introverted sensing, but without a doubt the dearth of Thinking much contributes to this problem.
    Interesting.

The abstract nature of the ENFP attests to them being more adaptable than their sensing counterparts as their mind does not depend on the immediate physical environment to function. As we recall, Extroverted perception does not have a focus of inception and therefore is forced to be swamped at all information at once, the all or nothing mentality results as a common factor for dominant Extroverted Intuitors [creepily accurate]. They prefer to devote all of their being to the current task, and this is never a conscious choice, but this happens as a necessary entailment of their interaction with the outer world. It is their unconscious perception that foments them to interact with the world in such a fashion, not the conscious secondary Introverted Judgment. When Extroverted Intuition becomes preponderous over introverted judgment, the ENTP will face similar maladies unhealthy ESPs tend to be afflicted with—recklessness. As Jung comments...

“Naturally this attitude holds great dangers, for all too easily the intuitive may fritter away his life on things and people, spreading about him an abundance of which others live and not he himself. If only he could stay put, he would reap the fruits of his labours; but always he must be running after a new possibility, quitting his newly planted fields while others gather in the harvest. In the end he goes away empty.”

The ENFP is even in more danger of this than his Extroverted Intuitive counterpart the ENTP. When Introverted Feeling is not properly developed and controlled by this type, it can become consumed in inner passions to the point impetuosity [addictions, grudges, etc]. Rash and impulsive decisions may be inevitable in such a case. Clearly, this destructive tendencies is exacerbated for this specie of Extroverted perceiving types due to the lack of tough-mindedness. This problem is only to be rectified through cultivation of tertiary Extroverted Thinking which appears to be painfully wanting in the arsenal of unhealthy ENFPs. Thus, here we notice the lack of focus problem that we attribute to Extroverted perception and as well as the quest for novelty. The EP, unlike the IJ, must always be adapting to the new environment, therefore he easily becomes restless after novelty has worn off.
    Lol, you make it sound that an ENFP developing Te is like a child recieving epiphany.

It should be clearly established that the core of this type consists not in External perception, but in Introverted Judgment. This is where the ENFP shall derive the true sense of self. The External perception are but vapor, no more than fleeting hunches that this type comes across. In a typical EP fashion, the External environment is not taken to be an end in itself, thus as opposed to the stern and serious approach to life usually taken by the IJ types, the EP types tend to be humorous and the ENFP’s affinity with feeling furthermore contributes to their merits as comedians. They are natural entertainers due to their ability to improvise and affinity with the emotional ambience encircling them. The ability to view the big picture with no preconceived notions or judgments as well as affinity with the human element makes the ENFPs excel at mediation.
    I often call them my personal entertainment system.
    I presume that the ENFPs childhood would play a huge part in their introverted judgement derivation of true self. I find that those values, once hardened, change only slightly with maturity.

The dominance of Extroverted Intuition makes ENFPs excel at enterprises requiring imagination. Should they develop the ability to focus and perseverance by cultivating their Introverting Feeling and further augmenting those qualities by the tough-minded approach of Extroverted Thinking, the ENFPs will excel as novelists, short-story writers and poets.

Because the ENFP is in such close affinity with the perceptions and feelings of others as well as the general ambience, he can make his message presentable to even the dullest of observers. Interestingly, this type does not at all suffer from the typical malady of an Intuitive, or an inability to communicate. The above seem to be sound reasons to propose that the ENFPs tend to have the best communication skills of all types. For this reason they often make excellent educational writers, entertainers and teachers of spirituality as they are able to connect and reach out to individuals of almost all kinds, as well as make even the most abstruse ideas accessible to even the starkest of philistines.
    The rhetoric this type exhibits is undoubtedly incredible.

The stronger his intuition, the more his ego becomes fused with all the possibilities he envisions. He brings his vision to life, he presents it convincingly and with dramatic fire, he embodies it, so to speak. But this is not play-acting, it is a kind of fate.
    Partially to convince the audience and partially to convince himself (herself).

Introverted Feeling is the rational function and the kernel of the ENFP’s inner being. As an introverted judging faculty, it is primarily responsible for establishing personal values by which the ENFP will assess themselves and their external environment. However, as an Extroverted type, strangely enough the ENFP tends to rely on external cues for self-assessment.
    They rely on external cues for assessment even though their core is unaffected by the same external perception? Is this "core" the only truth the ENFP is ever completely sure about?

Extroverted Intuition is often malleable and can easily be influenced by the external environment, as we mentioned it lacks the grid of judgment. The ENFP can very easily be focused on one particular task at one point and by way of external circumstances be blown away to be focused with the same intensity on something radically different.
    Yep. They really hate routine.

An unbalanced ENFP is unlikely to have a firm inner being and his self-image, as well as self-esteem will be greatly contingent upon the high and lows of the swings of his intuitive energy.

Such ENFPs will greatly depend on admiration of others for their own sense of self-confidence. As the soundness of their inner feelings and values will be almost entirely contingent upon their public reception. Because such ENFPs will depend on the approval of others to such a tremendous extent they will prostrate their values to appease their audience in order to recollect the proper hunch of harmony and appreciation by others. They will tend to measure their success by how well they are liked. They will need consistent external gratification in order to be hold their own soundly. This lack of judgment leads to a grotesque inconsistency in the behavior of this type which often undermines the self-confidence and integrity of the ENFP. Being reliant on the approbation of others, the ENFP will do all that is possible to win their approval, yet even this would be difficult because the lack of judgment in this type will make it hard for the ENFP to behave consistently. The intense external focus (due to lack of involvement of introverted feeling) will make it difficult for the ENFP to reflect on his own behavior and therefore this type likely will be unaware of inconsistencies in his own behavior that are obvious to others.
    I find myself unable to put a large measure of trustworthiness in an undeveloped ENFP because of this lack of judgement.
    Yes, they focus too much on others and not themselves. Sometimes too social for their own good. They often lose sight of themselves in others.

Such an ENFP sees a good thing as simply whatever is in accord with his vision. Whatever is not, shall be deemed bad. Here he simply sees no distinction between desirable and desired by me.
    Yes, autonomy and subjectivity are concepts the underdeveloped ENFP applies to himself (herself) but not to others. This may be common with all immature types however.

As the Introverted Judgment is unlikely to function soundly if the ENFP is off-balance. Such individuals will likely use their keen awareness of the external environment to simply ‘pick the berries’ whilst having little concern for the interest of others and even less the amelioration of the community. Such ENFPs will utilize their networking skills to win the approbation of the multitude and appease the interests promoted by their Extroverted Intuition. This once more, is an inevitable consequence of introverted judgment turned corrupt. Manipulating the external situation will be central to his interests. Extroverted Perception will give him a clear view of the ‘entire board’, and Introverted Feeling will allow for the ENFP to make sound interpersonal decisions to do all that is necessary to appease the whims of his egocentric will. Such ENFPs function in this fashion because they lack a higher purpose, or they do not wish to pursue any inner virtue that transcends what befits their external environment. Accordingly they will have little interest in being as sensitive as possible for instance. They will only want to be sensitive enough to get what they are looking for in terms of external rewards.
    Are you suggesting large Machiavellian potential? I see it in them, but I doubt their self-control.

Thus, the ENFP without sound values will merely prostitute oneself for the whims and fancies of his/her spectators. Yet one with sound inner values will teach by example. Much like the INFP, the ENFP will not need to preach or lecture to influence the external environment, he will simply wish to live out his values, as famously demonstrated by Leo Tolstoy. There can be no doubt that ENFPs, as feelers and Extroverted perceivers have an intense need to influence the environment, yet they shall not aspire to do this in the conventional Extroverted Judging way by imposing their principles on others. Such ENFPs will truly walk the talk and stand by their commitments and values, and will rarely attempt to act merely for effect.
    I admire those who do. It seems that the motivational and/or Te issues are all that may hold them back from this.

The quest and morality of this type will be intensely focused on the individual, as denoted by the factor of Introverted Feeling. Despite the all embracing vision represented by the Extroverted Intuition of this type, the aim of the ENFP is often elitist due to the Introversion of judgment.
    Interesting. A feeler who has strong social skills and external perception with a tendency towards elitism. It is often brought up that ENFPs are dependent on others to provide them with enjoyment and stimulation which makes it quite odd indeed that they would like elitism, a more independent outlook.

As earlier mentioned, unhealthy ENFPs are often criticized by their observers as fickle and unreliable as is often a common defect of a perceiving type. This, first and foremost is to be rectified by cultivation of Introverted Feeling which will lead this type to be true to oneself. However, the tough-minded approach to life which Extroverted Thinking offers to the ENFP is of indispensable utility. First and foremost it will provide the aforementioned grid of perception which will help the ENFP properly organize and assess the collected information. Secondly personal values will be supported with sound reasoning and the ENFP will be able to critically examine ideals to be incorporated into their value system. With acquisition of Extroverted Thinking, they will rely on the public approval even less, as at this point they will be able to see if what they have done has merit on its own right, with or without the approval of those around them. Cultivation of this function will endow the ENFP with a higher accuracy in thought and ability to retain composure. In the event of such an ENFP’s integrity being impugned, the ENFP will be less likely to be personally afflicted, but instead will examine what has happened with a sober eye. Instead of lashing out at others with most vicious personal retorts he can think of, the ENFP will manage to preclude his emotions from spiraling out of control and by virtue of this composure will remain loyal to his values. In this respect, clearly sound use of the Thinking faculty will support the Feeling oriented approach to life of this type. This will also help the ENFP conquer the self-sabotaging tendencies typically associated with poor use of the Thinking faculty, as this type will then be able to cut back on the self-critical and denigrating thoughts.
    The rational and thought-minded approach provided by Extroverted Thinking will also enable the ENFP to rely much less on the highs and lows of their Intuitive energy, as this faculty will lay down the plan for the ENFP to follow on step by step basis. ENFPs are mercurial by nature and rarely are moderate in their energy and passions, yet sound use of Extroverted Thinking will doubtlessly be a tremendous step forward to mitigate the issue.
    So very true. Extraverted Thinking will definitely smooth off most of the rough corners of the ENFP personality.

This function is anathema to the primary faculty of Extroverted Intuition. The ENFP rarely focuses on security concerns, or information that is relevant to him directly...memories will often be distorted to better fit the image the Extroverted Intuition wishes to see.
    Alas, the adulteration of the truth comes all too easy for Ne.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Mr. Wing it must be your lucky day...

. Intuition by the nature of itself is abstract and therefore closer in tune with the realm of imagination than with the realm of the senses
    Absolutely, I believe my imaginative-thinking proclivities are largely responsible for my intuitive capacities. Thoughts are expanded and expounded upon via my imagination.

Thus, an Extroverted Perceiver tends to be flexible in his perceptions,

As for instance, it is very common for a Judger to say that they could not imagine the concept of yellow without the word yellow, yet very uncommon for a dominant Extroverted perceiver to make the same claim
    Interestingly enough I find the labeling of colors to be odd/superfluous. Things appear a certain color, (all) things that reflect the same or similar color are thus labeled as being that specific color whether that color be called blue, red, or magenta. (Also, you don't want to get me started on the perception of colors... )

Yet, the Extroverted perceivers, by contrast, which could be rightly deemed as an animus to the Introverted Perceivers tend to be the most spontaneous.

As aforementioned, the reason for this is that they do not require contemplation for direct action, as their perceptions are always in tune with the outer world.
    Interesting.. I rarely need to think before I speak, thoughts and words flow out of me damn near simultaneously.

I can give four distinct examples of this (spontaneity) :

1.) When I dance I never think about how I should move my arms or hips etc, I just respond to the music spontaneously.

2.)When I paint or draw I rarely if ever think before I create, (I only think about which color paint or pen to use) but other than that I just paint or draw spontaneously, (I'll provide a picture of one of my paintings shortly).

3.)When I write poetry, hell even when I write in an expository fashion, I rarely if ever think before I write.

4.) Of all examples however, my spontaneity is best exemplified in my oratorical style. I give good speech and I do mean impromptu.

Long story short, it's all about flow, a lot of things I do are spontaneous products of my subconscious. They just are in and of me and when I allow them to, they just come out.

This makes the ENFP especially adept at the art of improvisation, most clearly the case when it comes to dealing with people and the human element, yet could also lead to impulsiveness and poor decision making as a result of marked preference for perception over judgment.
    Lol, true, see above comments.

The Extroverted Perceiver deals with the outer world unconsciously, as the perceiving functions are by definition unconscious. This leads to the sense of quickness the EP types tend to be renowned for. We should note that Extroverted perception can very easily be misunderstood for hyperactivity and inherent inability to focus because information tends to be incepted into the mind of an EP in a torrential fashion.
    Yes, I am inundated with sensory stuff yet rarely feel drowned or suffocated by it, (unless the stuff that I am inundated with is feeling-oriented, i.e. emotional in nature.)

Thus, the Extroverted perception leaps at all information simultaneously, head over heels. This can induce the EP to be dearth of a sense of priority as all external entities that seem appealing (usually those that are novel), will be subject to exploration

Being supreme improvisers, they tend to have little concern for security.
    Bull shit. I am hyper-sensitive to my own and others mortality. I have super quick reflexes and am hyper-cautious of dangerous, and potentially fatal situations, (though often times I will choose to accept the potential harm and have a kick ass time doing something dangerous anyway, carpe noctem! )

The nature of Thinking tends to be negative and self-sabboutaging for the ENFP, which undermines their external confidence and fluidity represented by Extroverted perception.
    When I think about actions while doing them I clumsily disorient myself. Contrived actions are my enemy. The only time thinking is positive for me is when I am in thinking/pensive/self-reflective mode, i.e. not interacting with others and the world.

Extroverted perception does not have a focus of inception and therefore is forced to be swamped at all information at once, the all or nothing mentality results as a common factor for dominant Extroverted Intuitors. They prefer to devote all of their being to the current task, and this is never a conscious choice, but this happens as a necessary entailment of their interaction with the outer world.
    So true. I am happy when I am engaged, and when I am engaged, I am super-engaged. I can become so hyper-absorbed into a fascinating task/conversation/person that hours, days, can roll by without my noticing. [QUOTE]
    Last edited by SillySapienne; 06-27-2008 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typo
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

“Naturally this attitude holds great dangers, for all too easily the intuitive may fritter away his life on things and people, spreading about him an abundance of which others live and not he himself. If only he could stay put, he would reap the fruits of his labours; but always he must be running after a new possibility, quitting his newly planted fields while others gather in the harvest. In the end he goes away empty.”
    :sad: Story of my life!!! I have often had the tendency of wearing myself thin due to the laterally-expansive force, and somewhat random/fickle nature, that is my Ne. I have to diligently train myself to commit to long-term events/goals by refraining my natural inclination to dabble in everything.

On the plus side, Living a life hopped up on Ne has effectively led me to become a Master jack-of-all-trades.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles