MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Very interesting.....

Thanks.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    OMNi

Wandering and dissonance, that was certainly an interesting discussion.

I still believe I need a balance between my emotional Fe needs (being nice and accepting of others) and my intellectual Ti needs (finding people who I find interesting and who will challenge me). I know if I embrace the latter, then I will be "mean", because my personal prejudices and preconceptions will get the better of me, and at some point I may become narcissistic or develop a psychosis. But it sounds like if I embraced the former, as dissonance at one point did, then I would become bored and resentful for not living up to my potential.

Wandering, you suggested I find different people who can meet each of my needs, but I think it would be better for myself and those I am with, to express both of my needs with everyone I encounter. If I were to hang around a bunch of people who I found it fun to be with but who didn't intellectually challenge me, then I think I would eventually resent them because I would feel I was "dumbing myself down". And if I were to hang around a bunch of people who were very intelligent but whom I didn't feel compelled to be kind towards, then I think I would eventually become abusive toward them because I would be more interested in being right than maintaining a relationship.

It sounds to me, that if I wish to maintain my sanity, I think I'm going to have to learn how to establish boundaries within myself so that I can remain amiable when I'm intellectual and intellectual when I'm being amiable. In that essence, when I'm debating a bunch of INTJs, then I won't become dominating and abusive, whereas when I'm with a bunch of friends whose conversations I don't find very intelligent, I can assert my intelligence so I don't become bored or resentful of those friends. As long as I am both amiable and intellectual, with each person I meet, then I will continue to be authentic and take care of my own needs. The key would be to express both those needs, and never to deny myself one or the other because that will eventually lead to problems.

That way, if people don't like me for being me, it is their problem and they can stay away from me. It's not a big loss since I would probably become resentful or abusive towards them if I were to try to accommodate them over my own needs. At least, that is what my reasoning is telling me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Firstly...whoa, to read...

So, I became curious and wondered if BW had perhaps stolen all these posts or if he'd written them elsewhere. So, far, it's that he's written them elsewhere.

Well, he wrote word for word at INTPc on Feb 24-- baring a few slight wordings which he's added here...but nearly ALL is almost the same.

However, it was written as INTJ profile. He just reveresed the wording for INFJs here---

I don't have time to better respond just yet, would that he'd posted this a few days ago when I had time aplenty. Anyone else may do so for me.

That isn't to say I'm disagreeing with what's written nor that it's a crime to regurgitate your own writing (no harm doing that, at all)--. I just wonder that he didn't give a Disclaimer this time or some notice that he'd already written the nearly exact posts but just so happened to switch a few wordings here and there to suit the INFJ this time.

If anyone else has mentioned this, forgive me for repeating it. I've mostly skimmed the responses.

Some modifications have been made to section I on Introverted Intuition, Section II was radically rearranged, section III almost altogether re-written, and section IV almost entirely unaltered.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Some modifications have been made to section I on Introverted Intuition, Section II was radically rearranged, section III almost altogether re-written, and section IV almost entirely unaltered.
    Really. I sincerely beg to differ, especially by what you must define as "radically rearranged" and "almost altogether re-written".

I find it odd how quickly you'd jump to respond at what seems to be an accusation (miiiiine ) intsead of responding to the others. I figure it's because I've brought negative attention towards you.

Well....explain to me how these paragraphs are SOME what different than nearly EXACTLY the SAME, please. I'll only take a few paragraphs from each INTJ and INFJ 'profiles' as you have far too many to tackle, my dear. Rather, I'd have too many to tackle-- Let's begin with Section 1 which you said has "some modificatons"!

INTJ profile on INTPc, 2 paragraphs from Section I:

The accentuation here was on the locomotives and animals because the Introverted Sensing type, the type that the previous quotation meant to depict is focused primarily on concrete things--or sensations. Hence, he anthropomorphizes concrete entities. Or assumes that the objects in themselves have much to do with his own personal qualities. This is precisely the reason why we often have seen eyes on the Moon, the nose on the sun, and the Sword in the hands of the clowd. So our mythologies have compelled us to see!

However, since Introverted Intuition, the function by which the INTJ is lead is abstract, it tends not to see the external world in this fashion. However, the relationship it has to abstract perceptions is indeed much analogous to the relationship Introverted Sensing has to concrete data. Thus, Introverted Sensing anthropomorphizes the physical world, Introverted Intuition, almost wholly without a doubt, anthropomorphizes abstractions and ideas. For this reason it is not uncommon for INJ philosophers and scientists to be observed deeming some ideas as wicked and others as benevolent without having any reasonable explanations for such taxonomy. That is because there truly is not an explanation for such a thing, as judgments of the like reflect more about them personally rather than about the matter they have commented on and therefore often serves as evidence of their personal biases and prejudices.
    INFJ profile MBTIc, 2 paragraphs from Section I:

The accentuation here was on the locomotives and animals because the Introverted Sensing type, the type that the previous quotation meant to depict is focused primarily on concrete things--or sensations. Hence, he anthropomorphizes concrete entities. Or assumes that the objects in themselves have much to do with his own personal qualities. This is precisely the reason why we often have seen eyes on the Moon, the nose on the sun, and the Sword in the hands of the cloud. So our mythologies have compelled us to see!

However, since Introverted Intuition, the function by which the INFJ is led is abstract, it tends not to see the external world in this fashion. However, the relationship it has to abstract perceptions is indeed much analogous to the relationship Introverted Sensing has to concrete data. Thus, Introverted Sensing anthropomorphizes the physical world, Introverted Intuition, almost wholly without a doubt, anthropomorphizes abstractions and ideas. For this reason it is not uncommon for INJ philosophers and scientists to be observed deeming some ideas as wicked and others as benevolent without having any reasonable explanations for such taxonomy. That is because there truly is not an explanation for such a thing, as judgments of the like reflect more about them personally rather than about the matter they have commented on and therefore often serves as evidence of their personal biases and prejudices.
    Okay, what the hell, here's a bit more from Section I:

INTJ profile from INTPc continued of Section I!:

Incidentally, Introverted Intuition without the due support of Extroverted Thinking will become very narrow and self-involved, focusing on nothing else but the quintessence of the internal vision. Whatever is not in tune with the internal vision will almost certainly be dubbed evil. Not because there is a reason to believe it undesirable, but simply because the INJ has deemed such idea evil, much like the ISJs often deem certain trains and dogs evil. Incidentally Freud's expression of 'occultism' to depict ideas that disagree with his sexual theory was off-base. He was using this word emotionally, rather than in linguistically precise fashion as he seems to have been carried far away by his hunches. The term 'bulwark' that Freud has used in that fragment is strikingly indicative of the state of mind he has held- that he wished to fortify his vision from all ideas that are even slightly inconsistent with his, as they are simply 'the black tide of occultism'. Freud of course did not give an argument for deeming the things he considered occultism as such, and this seems to evince the subjective bias of his own perceptions.

As a side-note on Introverted Intuition as a function in itself it should be noted that it does not perceive the world in the conventional fashion of Extroverted perception, or in terms of how the individual may contribute to his environment. But perceives the environment in terms of how it strikes its own apparatus of perception. In this respect, the external influx of ideas is imposing and invading to the INJ because his primary purpose is to preserve the vision that he has in mind, which by all rights to him is superior to that of the External vision. Had he had his way, he would freeze the scenario he has in mind and be content with that eternally. The following picture is often paradigmatic of the way the INTJ perceives the external world- he lives in the state of antithesis of his own will to promote his inner being through his inner vision and the external world which by virtue of itself thwarts the inner vision. Nietzsche, an INTJ himself, has argued that two drives inhere within human nature. That of the Will to Power and that of fear. Incidentally, the will to power is the vision the INTJ ought to impose on the external world, and the pursuit of power is necessary, because failure to attain power means succumbing to the terms of the external world and the renunciation of the inner vision, which in itself is unacceptable because the INJ equates this with a negation of existence itself. For this reason, INJs are often uncomfortable with the world itself, as external environment, by definition is cruel and imposing. Very often INJ philosophers asserted that we are at the very essence of our being, are driven by fear. As by Nietzsche's theory, fear is indeed the main drive in human nature. This fear, doubtlessly, represents the INTJ's fear of the External environment, especially of the external, concrete world which is represented by their shadow side of Extroverted sensing.

INFJ profile over hereeeee continued from Section I:

Incidentally, Introverted Intuition without the due support of Extroverted Thinking will become very narrow and self-involved, focusing on nothing else but the quintessence of the internal vision. Whatever is not in tune with the internal vision will almost certainly be dubbed evil. Not because there is a reason to believe it undesirable, but simply because the INJ has deemed such idea evil, much like the ISJs often deem certain trains and dogs evil. Incidentally Freud's expression of 'occultism' to depict ideas that disagree with his sexual theory was off-base. He was using this word emotionally, rather than in linguistically precise fashion as he seems to have been carried far away by his hunches. The term 'bulwark' that Freud has used in that fragment is strikingly indicative of the state of mind he has held- that he wished to fortify his vision from all ideas that are even slightly inconsistent with his, as they are simply 'the black tide of occultism'. Freud of course did not give an argument for deeming the things he considered occultism as such, and this seems to evince the subjective bias of his own perceptions.

As a side-note on Introverted Intuition as a function in itself it should be noted that it does not perceive the world in the conventional fashion of Extroverted perception, or in terms of how the individual may contribute to his environment. But perceives the environment in terms of how it strikes its own apparatus of perception. In this respect, the external influx of ideas is imposing and invading to the INJ because his primary purpose is to preserve the vision that he has in mind, which by all rights to him is superior to that of the External vision. Had he had his way, he would freeze the scenario he has in mind and be content with that eternally. The following picture is often paradigmatic of the way the INFJ perceives the external world- he lives in the state of antithesis of his own will to promote his inner being through his inner vision and the external world which by virtue of itself thwarts the inner vision. Nietzsche, an INTJ , has argued that two drives inhere within human nature. That of the Will to Power and that of fear. Incidentally, the will to power is the vision the INTJ ought to impose on the external world, and the pursuit of power is necessary, because failure to attain power means succumbing to the terms of the external world and the renunciation of the inner vision, which in itself is unacceptable because the INJ equates this with a negation of existence itself. For this reason, INJs are often uncomfortable with the world itself, as external environment, by definition is cruel and imposing. Very often INJ philosophers asserted that we are at the very essence of our being, are driven by fear. As by Nietzsche's theory, fear is indeed the main drive in human nature. This fear, doubtlessly, represents the INJ's fear of the External environment, especially of the external, concrete world which is represented by their shadow side of Extroverted sensing.
    Oiii, this is only of "some" modifications of Section I! How are they "some"? Please explain what "some" means to you? I really don't have time just yet, so I'll continue with the rest later-

I figured you might've posted that INTJ profile here as well and you did in January, so you posted the same INTJ profile at INTPc later in February (so, my mistake in thinking it was there first~). And you didn't explain to me as to why you wouldn't give any notice of disclaimer (or w/e) at the beginning of your posts to indicate you'd already written the same stuff elsewhere. Not that you'd have to, but you know, for those of us who wouldn't be familiar that you have a different username elsewhere might think you've stolen your own writing if we'd guessed the same/similar writing was posted elsewhere and perhaps by another person- as I wouldn't have known as I'm a new member- but ah, I'd inferred a bit from posts made by others about you and someone confirmed it for me when I wanted to be certain- Oh, and of course, you might try mentioning that you have similarly written profiles b/w your INTJ/INFJ profiles in case people become suspect that you've just rehashed your own writing by substituting one Type for the other. Have you done the same with your ENTP/ENFP or INTP/INFP ones? (I have yet to check). Again, nothing wrong if you regurgitate your own stuff- but uh, lacking some creativity, mate?

I'm curious. Why bother responding to me only when you have so many others who've praised your writing or have commented on it at least?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Very interesting...

Thanks
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Very interesting...

Thanks

I love to hate ENFPs for their...candor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Really. I sincerely beg to differ, especially by what you must define as "radically rearranged" and "almost altogether re-written".
    well Ni is the same for both INFJs and INTJs, so whatever.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Exactly. I would not expect the INTP-INFP profiles to be that similar but there would be more similar with the INFP-ISFP profiles because of the shared dom Fi.

I found BlueWing's INFJ profile very interesting and very spot on with much about the INFJ in my life. Very helpful to gain new insight into the INFJ.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    I don't mind what's written or even that they're both mostly written word for word or some sections are written exactly word for word or with a slight alteration (although, it's not being creative but whatever), it's that he later said he'd made "some modifications" for Section I when he did not make "some" and then "radically re-arranged" Section II when it's not radical- etc

And then, why did he only comment to ME as I'd written something that could 'expose him' (if he felt that was what I was doing) or at least cast a negative light on him instead of responding to you or to others who'd actually commented about his writing? I find that suspect- He didn't comment on a few others who complained in his other ENP Ne thread recently and he certaintly could've as he's posted this thread and I think the ENFP profile is new today too or yesterday. However, I didn't put down his writing, I just showcased how they were the same (or most of it is) for his INTJ/INFJ profiles. Why jump to comment on that and not attempt to defend yourself against others who'd just complained about you for writing things they disagreed with in another Thread?

Why not even mention that he'd posted his INTJ profile (or any other, I don't know yet) elsewhere instead of making it appear as though it's new? Not that he'd have to, but it makes me wonder as well.Or not comment on it after I had?

Oh crap, Deja Vu !_!

Anyhoo, I'm waiting patiently BW. Please enlighten me.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I enjoyed this. Thank you Bluewing.