User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ultimawepun View Post
    I'm more skeptical about judging by functions than judging by dichotomy. The difference of functions between INTJ and INTP seem to radical. If I judge a type by dichotomy instead, then it's understandable why INTJ's are the 'scientists'.
    The dichotomies are supposed to be representative of the cognitive functions.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm more skeptical about judging by functions than judging by dichotomy. The difference of functions between INTJ and INTP seem to radical. If I judge a type by dichotomy instead, then it's understandable why INTJ's are the 'scientists'.
    Unfortunately, this sounds somewhat vague: what do you mean by "judging by dichotomy"?
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

So being Ni dominant means being crazy? I can see myself to almost everything you've wrote, but I'm really bothered by your description of Ni.
    Now that I've explained the macabre-ness, I would like to know what resonated for you in the paragraph that I typed...
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

@Thisica

Apologies for my ambiguity. I meant if judged from E/I, S/N, F/T, and J/P. Also, my other post was referring to the OP and to not you.

@InvisibleJim

How the functions were derived is strange to me. I can easily understand how one can go from Judging to Perceiving, but from Ni to Ti? It's even more suspicious how the functions are arranged from dominant to inferior. Not that I expect the MBTI to be perfect, but the functions are the most faulty part of it in my opinion.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

@Thisica

Apologies for my ambiguity. I meant if judged from E/I, S/N, F/T, and J/P. Also, my other post was referring to the OP and to not you.
    I didn't notice that Anyway, care to comment on what I typed?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

Which one?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

This one:

A lot of the article makes a lot of sense to me, though it does sound macabre at times...in fact, when I said to my brother, who is also NiTe, that the universe will end in heat death, he said, "You're more macabre than me!"

It's possibly because I don't like the fact that some things are out of my control that I ironically remind myself of that. Daily. Which is not good, since it prevents me from doing things. Or it could be because astronomy was my first 'love', and so find it hard to let go of that intellectual interest, despite my desire to return to more practical matters.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

As mentioned in my previous two profiles, I write about the unconscious tendencies of the type and not personality. Therefore here I do not wish to probe into how our local INTJs tend to behave, but explore the character of the INTJ thought. Here I am more concerned with the INTJ philosophy than with the INTJ behavior. Unconscious tendencies evinced should not be accepted as set in stone, they in themselves are malleable and adaptable. The examples I shall provide will only be a few cases in point for how such unconscious tendencies will manifest. They are not an end in themselves, but means to the end of grasping the archetypal quiddity of the aforementioned unconscious tendencies. What I shall provide is no more than cues and hints in regards to what the unconscious tendencies may be, I leave it up to my just reader to discern what the tendencies are--as I wish to inculcate no dogma.
    SolitaryWalker...How can we find out unconscious tenancies, given the fact that by definition, they are not accessible to consciousness?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

I'm not sure what kind of response you're looking for.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm not sure what kind of response you're looking for.
    I'm sorry Anyway, what do you think about the quote I cited earlier?