User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

A lot of the article makes a lot of sense to me, though it does sound macabre at times...in fact, when I said to my brother, who is also NiTe, that the universe will end in heat death, he said, "You're more macabre than me!"

It's possibly because I don't like the fact that some things are out of my control that I ironically remind myself of that. Daily. Which is not good, since it prevents me from doing things. Or it could be because astronomy was my first 'love', and so find it hard to let go of that intellectual interest, despite my desire to return to more practical matters.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

So being Ni dominant means being crazy? I can see myself to almost everything you've wrote, but I'm really bothered by your description of Ni.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ultimawepun View Post
    So being Ni dominant means being crazy? I can see myself to almost everything you've wrote, but I'm really bothered by your description of Ni.
    What's bothering you about the implicit description? In my opinion, as I see it hours later , it's to do with how Jung described it. Looks like I've been affected by his negative description of Ni

But I honestly don't think that negatively. I do this only in front of someone tough-minded like my brother. I'm sweet to everyone else that I meet.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

Intuition has always been confusing to me. I've asked once before and I didn't get an answer, but I really don't get how one can be both an iNtuitive and a Thinker at the same time.

I always trust reason before intuition. The problem, as I see it, is that my definition of intuition may be very different from others. What people consider abstract, I consider concrete. What's incredibly unfortunate and annoying is that it's usually one way. I can understand almost everyone and anything, but they cannot understand me.

As a side note, I just noticed that this thread is very old, but I'll still appreciate any feedback.

ReflecTcelfeR

Two different aspects of thought. The fact that Thinking serves the intuitive way in which you receive information and they exist in two distinct areas that are seperate from each other. Thinking is merely how you decide to act upon your Intuition.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ultimawepun View Post
    Intuition has always been confusing to me. I've asked once before and I didn't get an answer, but I really don't get how one can be both an iNtuitive and a Thinker at the same time.

I always trust reason before intuition. The problem, as I see it, is that my definition of intuition may be very different from others. What people consider abstract, I consider concrete. What's incredibly unfortunate and annoying is that it's usually one way. I can understand almost everyone and anything, but they cannot understand me.

As a side note, I just noticed that this thread is very old, but I'll still appreciate any feedback.
    It's a very odd combination, in my opinion, too I was wondering about how we can still be in one piece, whilst having seemingly strong opposite cognitive functions at play, in this message below:

It's like as though 'our' type has a wonderful balance of abilities. But I'm in a bind over the 'extreme' contrasting features of the function 'order' of Ni+Te and Fi+Se as uumlau said some time ago:

uumlau:
    It's sort of like Jung came up with three different concepts of objective/subjective dichotomies: T/F, S/N, e/i. Te and Se are, in this sense, the "most objective" while Ni and Fi are the most subjective, and then there's four that are mixtures of objective and subjective. INTPs have the mixed ones, Ti/Ne/Si/Fe, while INTJs have the "unmixed" ones, Ni/Te/Fi/Se.
    How can such a combination exist in harmony? It's an internal explosion waiting to happen!

Ah yes... finally someone else who thinks INTJ's are failed "Rationals."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    Ah yes... finally someone else who thinks INTJ's are failed "Rationals."
    That, or someone who can't understand their genius.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Just a question: Then how is that that the INTJ is some other places is described as a 'scientist'? Given the strange order of cognitive functions [Ni, Te, Fi, Se], shouldn't this group of people be called 'visionaries' or something like that? I thought that INTPs were more akin to the scientist than the INTJ...

[Odd that, because I'm into science, after all. Though I do have trouble expressing my thoughts, it's not without structure. I found out during the past few days, though, that I'm more open to people than I thought.]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj

I'm more skeptical about judging by functions than judging by dichotomy. The difference of functions between INTJ and INTP seem to radical. If I judge a type by dichotomy instead, then it's understandable why INTJ's are the 'scientists'.