User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I fear it's way too long to digest in one go as well... but why is that one paragraph on Ni 2 sizes bigger than the rest?
    Isn't Ni the Dominant Function for INTJs?

MBTI
    INTJ

Just for ease of reading and responding, I saved it in a word document.

Then out of curiosity I ran a grammar test on it.

Here are the stats. BlueWing's total essay has 9,904 words, and an average of 24.7 words per sentence (groan). It's written at fully a 12th grade reading level with the corresponding Flesch Reading Ease level being set at difficult. So then only those of us who are not lazy will read this whole thing word for word, AND we must be intellectual enough to grasp it. Since I graduated from high school with an 86% overall average, it's not looking real good for me.

MBTI
    INFJ

But it's your type. [smile.] I still have to print it out for ease of reading, but what I read was excellent.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTJ

I was surprised that I read the whole thing...especially since I almost never read entire posts that are half as long as the first part, and I had to read most of it multiple times to understand it. Still...I would recommend it. If you can understand it, it is worth reading.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I was surprised that I read the whole thing...especially since I almost never read entire posts that are half as long as the first part, and I had to read most of it multiple times to understand it. Still...I would recommend it. If you can understand it, it is worth reading.
    Ok thanks, but I'm seriously convinced you're more intelligent than me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Thus in such a case, the INJ will find himself barricade in his fortress of for the sake of which he will go at whatever length necessary to preserve his current train of thought.
    I can relate.

...the will to power is the vision the INTJ ought to impose on the external world, and the pursuit of power is necessary, because failure to attain power means succumbing to the terms of the external world and the renunciation of the inner vision, which in itself is unacceptable because the INJ equates this with a negation of existence itself. For this reason, INJs are often uncomfortable with the world itself, as external environment, by definition is cruel and imposing....
    I can relate.

...The INTJ for this reason, as an abstract introverted perceiver, is most concerned with the abstract problems of the future. This makes them avid students of human nature, as through their abstract perceptions they are able to discern ideas that come to great difficulty to those of us who rely primarily on systematic thought...
    It's about time you say something nice.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing
    they are automatically drawn to focus most intensely on ideas that their unconscious minds tend to gravitate towards most. Such ideas soon flourish to be of solid and constant conscious interest in which their whole being shall be thoroughly imbued. Conversely, ideas that are not in tune with their unconscious predilections, will be paid little heed to.
    This really stuck with me as well.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    This really stuck with me as well.
    Yes.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Ni

malady... Introverted Sensing?

"...while the subject has an illusory conception of reality, which in pathological cases goes so far that he is no longer able to distinguish between the real object and the subjective perceptions....Actually he lives in a mythological world, where men, animals, locomotives, houses, rivers, and mountains appear either as benevolent deities or as malevolent demons. ...."
    Thus, Introverted Sensing anthropomorphizes the physical world, Introverted Intuition, almost wholly without a doubt, anthropomorphizes abstractions and ideas. For this reason it is not uncommon for INJ philosophers and scientists to be observed deeming some ideas as wicked and others as benevolent without having any reasonable explanations for such taxonomy. That is because there truly is not an explanation for such a thing, as judgments of the like reflect more about them personally rather than about the matter they have commented on and therefore often serves as evidence of their personal biases and prejudices.
    This part of the essay, I think, degraded from cold hard logic to subjective judgmentalism.

I guess it all depends what was contained in the ellipsis you used. Jung was describing pathological cases. It is hardly fair to categorize that behavior over to the entire population of Si and then make an equivalent opposite in Ni.

I daresay that whether an Ni explanation is "reasonable" is a subjective judgment which I don't believe belongs in the context of this essay.

Either the judgments you are referring to are pathological cases and don't apply to the rest of INTJs, or it is normative. If it is normative for INTJs, then frankly, how dare anyone say that a reasonable explanation doesn't even exist! That's not intellectually fair! Of course a reasonable explanation exists! Just because some people don't get it doesn't mean a reasonable explanation doesn't exist. That is a very arrogant thing to say. A reasonable explanation exists at least in the mind of the INTJ.

I knew a woman whose dominant function was Si. She used to get these "hunches" you referred to. She used the word "hunch" a lot. I would question her on why she was so sure of something, and she would say, "I don't know; I've just got a hunch." Does that mean that her hunches didn't have a reasonable explanation, or her hunches were wrong? Certainly not. I had to learn to trust her when she said that, and as we followed her "hunch" I don't remember a time when she was wrong.

I later came to learn, after knowing her for a couple of years, that these hunches were based on stored up information that she had actually taken in a long time previous to the time when she got the hunch - sometimes years. I'm talking about amazingly minuscule trivia. She was not in touch with the logic at the time of the hunch, and was not able to explain it to me, but a logical, reasonable explanation did exist.

If one must insist that Ni isn't based on a reasonable explanation, then I must insist that that only refers to pathological cases.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Here are the stats. BlueWing's total essay has 9,904 words, and an average of 24.7 words per sentence (groan). It's written at fully a 12th grade reading level with the corresponding Flesch Reading Ease level being set at difficult. So then only those of us who are not lazy will read this whole thing word for word, AND we must be intellectual enough to grasp it. Since I graduated from high school with an 86% overall average, it's not looking real good for me.
    It's mostly the length that's prohibitive, his writing itself is just a bit repetitive/meandering in places and uses a few unusual words. 12th grade according to Word is a much different standard than 12th grade writing in general. It's not impossible to write something at what Word considers to be the 13th or 14th grade level that's still legible to most people.

You just have to take the time to dissect it, and distill the core meaning from the mass of verbiage. It can take a while...