• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which is the most intriguingly, fascinatingly, mystically "mysterious" type?

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I would say Ni is the most mysterious function (hey, even I don't really understand it). Therefore the most mysterious type probably has dominant Ni, or at the least auxiliary Ni. My guess is that the most mysterious type is INFJ, though "mysteriousness" can take different forms, so this question might be doomed from the beginning.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Is there anyone here who here who is drawn to mysteries, enigmas, and puzzles? Likewise, are you fascinated by people (real and fictional) who somehow seem to possess an "aura" of mystery about them? I certainly love a good mystery.:D

Which M-B type do you think is the most "mysterious"?

A sub-question: of the two INFs, which is more mysterious? INFJ or INFP?

I don't think I'm really mysterious myself, I'm just quiet sometimes and dont open up easily.
I've always found the ISFP to be mysterious, and introvert intuitive feelers anyhow, cos they have dreams... I've been with an INFP though a long time, but she had a realistic Si streak over her that 'earthified' the mystique.
I find the ISFP mysterious cos of their complex intuition, and cos sometimes I can't really figure them out, but not in a 'wtf are you doing' way, more in a 'i can see an emotion/thought in you but its not really clear what it is'.
They always surprise me with something in them I didn't expect or hadn't seen. It's endless.

ISFP's resemble INFJ's by the way.

My honest experience/opinion.:blush:

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
Heh. Ironically, the OP is very transparent. It would be like an INTP asking what the most linguistically precise type is, or an ISFJ asking which is the most socially conscientious type.

Oh, but I disagree. Mysterious can be quite subjective, no? INFPs will naturally not find themselves or other INFPs who are similar to themselves mysterious. And I can see how introverts can find extroverts to be mysterious. As Jung says, your opposite is the most mysterious to you and often the most fascinating.

I personally find I_TJs to be the most fascinatingly mysterious and E_TJs to be just plain baffling.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't really find INTJs to be all that mysterious. I have an INFJ friend who is pretty "all cards on the table-confessional" and yet she still manages to give off a general air of mystery sometimes. Kind of like she has a dark side.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ I'd imagine.

Though CaptainChick can't get enough of us INTPs!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJs.... though all NFs confuse me in some ways because they genuinely and deeply CARE about things :thinking:

Don't get how an ENTP could be interesting- way too much openness there for any air of mystery!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
ISxPs.

INxPs are enigmas, but they don't hold any intrigue.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
ESFJ. I don't understand how they get any joy out of conforming. It gives me nightmares just imagining living like one. I think that would be a good boot/ torture camp for me.

Oh, wait this is the mysteeerious thread not scary. My bad!!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Though CaptainChick can't get enough of us INTPs!
I sure can't!!!

You male INTPs just make me feel so :sleeping: and :doh: and :steam: and :newwink: and :violin: and :rolli: and :azdaja: and :BangHead: and :tongue10: and :mellow: and :zzz:!!!

How can I resist, that's right, I can't.

:wub:

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here's another vote for the INFJs (excluding the borderline introverts). :yes:

The ones I've met are also extremely difficult to know. There was this one INFJ girl I used to hang out with back in high school and after 3 years, I still can't say I know her!

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a mystery to most people for one simple reason: there's nothing there xD
Since I'm usually pretty "dissolving but not on purpose" and always seem at peace with myself people think I'm hiding something. I'm not, I'm just a simple person with simple needs, now move on nothing to see here :D.
But in my opinion INTJs and ENTJs real enigmas to me in the sense that I don't care much for the "cold-calculating stereotype or buldozer facade" I know they're full of ponies in there :devil: and I love to go dig them out. Actually any type because when I see one side I always think there are more layers to people so I want to know more, even if you seem to "spill your heart" out. I just like to dig out their feelings basically, I like analyzing them and seeing what's under their "scary" surface.(like I said: see ponies,rainbows etc...)

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I dunno, I don't really think I tend to like mysterious people, I tend to like it when people are straight-forward about things. I don't really get the word "mysterious" though. It's like putting other people on a sort of far away platform to oooo at them, like they can't be explained because they are ~so mysterious~~. I just don't really like seeing people like that, I like to think I could understand them. Maybe in a sense that does make me attracted to 'enigmas' because I want to understand them, but I don't think I'm really "fascinated" in the same sense you are saying.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I dunno, I don't really think I tend to like mysterious people, I tend to like it when people are straight-forward about things. I don't really get the word "mysterious" though. It's like putting other people on a sort of far away platform to oooo at them, like they can't be explained because they are ~so mysterious~~. I just don't really like seeing people like that, I like to think I could understand them. Maybe in a sense that does make me attracted to 'enigmas' because I want to understand them, but I don't think I'm really "fascinated" in the same sense you are saying.

I'm with ya. The mystery thing gets boring. (And it bothers me that some people I would like to know me think I am mysterious)

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
^^ These are interesting (valid) responses. It actually didn't occur to me that some people are put off by mystery. And since I notice both responses are from INFPs, it makes me wonder if being drawn (or not being drawn) to mystery is type-related.:thinking: