User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Sometimes mystery could be seen as "not being open" and that is the thing that puts me off about it. Or, if someone is forever a mystery, it can feel frustrating.

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Sometimes mystery could be seen as "not being open" and that is the thing that puts me off about it. Or, if someone is forever a mystery, it can feel frustrating.

Ah, I do see what you mean because I actually have a friend I've known for many years who I still don't "know" very well because she's so closed and it is extremely frustrating. Sometimes it hurts to wonder whether it's because she just doesn't trust me or value our friendship as much as I do.

But strangely, I would not consider my friend "mysterious" in the way that I'm thinking. For me, "mysterious" is more of an aura of mystique surrounding someone/thing that is -- I know -- mostly a projection on my part. But I enjoy it as long as it's not harmful. It's like how people often perceive unicorns or mermaids -- or the Sphinx -- as mysterious. And I confess that most "people" whom I think of as "mysterious" in this way are actually fictional. Characters from books or films. Real life people are rarely mysterious to me in that way.

However, I am sometimes inexplicably drawn to real life IxTJs because I can't help suspecting that they have a hidden streak of feeling and sensitivity in them that they hide under their hard, cold -- and slightly "mysterious" -- shell. But maybe that, too, is only a projection.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Heh. Ironically, the OP is very transparent. It would be like an INTP asking what the most linguistically precise type is, or an ISFJ asking which is the most socially conscientious type.
    ISFJs are the most socially conscientious?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    ISFJs are the most socially conscientious?
    They are... especially when you have one who's your parent. Apparently I'm never up to "standards".

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

NiFe or NiTe. Yup yup yup.

I don't really understand what people mean when they say mysterious. This might have been a brain fart. So I looked the definition up.

Mysterious
    Simultaneously arousing wonder and inquisitiveness, and eluding explanation or comprehension.

Hmm. With this in mind, I honestly find fellow INFPs to often be very mysterious. My best friend's boyfriend, for example... he is just hard to understand, but not necessarily in a good way. He's often frustratingly different from me. He says VERY little; I often just want to know why he never says anything. Does he have opinions but a fear of expressing them? Or is he usually spacing out? Or does he usually just not have an interest in the topics my best friend and I discuss?

In fact, on second thought, a lot of people are hard for me to understand, in a frustrating way. My mom, my ENFJ grade school friend...

So what did the OPer mean by "mysterious"? What does everyone else mean by mysterious? Is it a good thing? Bad thing? Neutral?

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow
    But strangely, I would not consider my friend "mysterious" in the way that I'm thinking. For me, "mysterious" is more of an aura of mystique surrounding someone/thing that is -- I know -- mostly a projection on my part. But I enjoy it as long as it's not harmful. It's like how people often perceive unicorns or mermaids -- or the Sphinx -- as mysterious. And I confess that most "people" whom I think of as "mysterious" in this way are actually fictional. Characters from books or films. Real life people are rarely mysterious to me in that way.
    Ah. In this case, I have a hard time seeing anyone that way. Nobody comes to mind.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ISFJ

ISTP
    What could possibly be going on inside that head?

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    They are... especially when you have one who's your parent. Apparently I'm never up to "standards".
    fuck yes, i can relate to that. they want you to be social, smart, hard working, warm traditional, respectful... everything. it really feels like it's an uphill battle, and that you'll never fully please them.

All people are a mystery to me.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    ISTP
    What could possibly be going on inside that head?
    Not something I'm/we're ever likely to share anywhere near a large portion of, regardless of who you are.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%