User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Learned Fe

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default Learned Fe

From observation of people on this forum, I have seen several members who seem to have almost taught themselves to use Fe to a much greater degree than they probably naturally would use it. I'll admit to having taught myself to be a lot nicer and more diplomatic than I was when younger, because it gets me my way and wins arguments more frequently.

I was just wondering about others' inputs-

why would you develop a trait that you would not naturally use as much?

what are the benefits of this?

does it ever feel like it was a learned, as opposed to natural, trait?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Learned Fe

WHYYYYYY!!!!

:horor:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I do it a lot in real life, and I think it can be learned. Because I did, and it is in no way natural to me or my general way of being.

Comfort. Fe enables me to avoid unpleasant situation because of my natural affinity for being a mean asshole.

Obvious.

Definitely. I hate bad situations where i'm the underdog, thus I evolved this as a kid when dealing with adults and older kids.
    But it's just a learned behavior.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    From observation of people on this forum, I have seen several members who seem to have almost taught themselves to use Fe to a much greater degree than they probably naturally would use it. I'll admit to having taught myself to be a lot nicer and more diplomatic than I was when younger, because it gets me my way and wins arguments more frequently.

I was just wondering about others' inputs-

Life told me that if you don't learn Fe, you're f*cked.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

I think it's just a natural thing to learn to be more well-rounded. Long before I discovered MBTI and knew what to call the different functions, I had discovered that there were certain things that didn't come naturally to me, but that I needed to develop/pay attention to, if I wanted to be around people.

For me, anyway, the idea is to accept the way I naturally am, while developing traits that allow me to understand and interact with others more smoothly. I can't imagine just saying "Welp, this is the way I am, take it or leave it."

I would think if someone was incredibly strong on the Fi scale, they would almost have to develop some Fe, or come across as extremely judgmental.

MBTI
    ENTP

Fe is necessary for relating to the vast majority of people. Things that you need, maybe for applying for a job, for having people on your side for support you on your ideas... Yes, Fe it's a very good way of making people think you're a decent human being, so it's easier to 'use' others.

I use my Fe for giving a good impression and having more people on my side, and I learned thanks to my Ti-Ne axis. I just 'mimmick' attitudes and learn etiquette. It's not that bad, and well, it has some use.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Ironically, Fe did not come naturally to me either. After I learned it through life experience and mimicking other people, like Kora said, it's become my fourth strongest trait according to cognitive function tests. This was DEFINITELY NOT the case when I was younger. If anything I think my Fe function took over the Te function....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    Fe is necessary for relating to the vast majority of people. Things that you need, maybe for applying for a job, for having people on your side for support you on your ideas... Yes, Fe it's a very good way of making people think you're a decent human being, so it's easier to 'use' others.

I use my Fe for giving a good impression and having more people on my side, and I learned thanks to my Ti-Ne axis. I just 'mimmick' attitudes and learn etiquette. It's not that bad, and well, it has some use.
    Yeah, mimicry is the INTP's Fe. It has its strengths and weaknesses.

Real Fe is saved for once about every two years when I actually give a shit about something.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Fe is just as necessary as Te sometimes.

MBTI
    INFP

It pleases me to use Fe when it's unexpected and to withhold it when it's expected (IRL).

I suppose I like to keep people on their toes.