User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ENTP = Ne + Ti + Fe + Si
    ESFP = Se + Fi + Te + Ni

I think your theory bears a lot of truth. There are really only a few persons on the world, who can bring me out of my reserve and everyone of them, I would type esfp..

If you think about it, the entp being someone, who likes to be a performer. then he is most likely to take in things about performing somewhat different than the esfp - Performer.

That's a good theory Jen, I like it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    That would be ISFJ: Si-Fe-Ti-Ne-Se-Fi-Te-Ni vs. Ni-Te-Fi-Se-Ne-Ti-Fe-Si

The only known ISFP I have really ever had any interaction with is Sarah, on another board. It seems all of my T-ish theorizing went past her, and some of the F-ish things she used to be concerned about (such as how people perceive librarians), I didn't think anything of. But then the same happened with INFP Patrick, even though we shared the Ne-Si. With an ISFP, you would have that clash in judgment, plus a clash in perception. I do not know enough about ISFP's to see how Se and Ni manifest in their behavior, and how it would clash. I imagine with Se, you would only see it more in person.
    I'm on this board too, Eric! Yeah, I can't say I'm very phlegmatic about anything. I think it's possible to have a good close relationship with an INTP, but because of the clash of cognitive processes, it would take conscious effort from both people make it a good relationship. You've got two people whose favorite functiosn are in the others' shadow:

INTP: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe (shadow: Te, Ni, Se, Fi)
    ISFP: Fi, Se, Ni, Te (shadow: Fe, Si, Ne, Ti)

No complimentary functions there, and the two favorite functions of each are least favorite in the other person's shadow. So there would have to be a lot of conscious desire to learn from the other and respect the other, without anyone needing to be "right" about anything.

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Hey, whenever you want to interact, you just let me know.
    You seem like an active, adventuristic type.
    Not too boring for you?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I'm on this board too, Eric!
    Yeah, that I knew! (which is why I could use your name, and people would know who was talking about).
    Yeah, I can't say I'm very phlegmatic about anything.
    Well, as a BtS (Introverted, Informing), that is closest to the traditional Phlegmatic temperament. Peaceful, amiable, etc. So the people I was describing also seem like BtS types.
    I think it's possible to have a good close relationship with an INTP, but because of the clash of cognitive processes, it would take conscious effort from both people make it a good relationship. You've got two people whose favorite functiosn are in the others' shadow:

INTP: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe (shadow: Te, Ni, Se, Fi)
    ISFP: Fi, Se, Ni, Te (shadow: Fe, Si, Ne, Ti)

No complimentary functions there, and the two favorite functions of each are least favorite in the other person's shadow. So there would have to be a lot of conscious desire to learn from the other and respect the other, without anyone needing to be "right" about anything.

Sarah
    ISFP
    Yeah; I imagine they could easily drift apart if they didn't work at it.
    Is that easy for them to do? I guess with the P there would be more willingness to compromise, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    So if:
    INTP = Ti + Ne + Si + Fe
    and the opposite is:
    ISFP = Fi + Se + Ni + Te

then:
    INTJ = Ni + Te + Fi + Se
    xxxx = Si + Fe + Ti + Ne
    I'm curious as to why the opposite of Ni isn't Se?
    Because they're in the same ego-syntonic tandem, and the true "opposite", is actually the opposite function with the same attitude, (which will be in the deepest shadow for a preferred process). Because as was said, they are both trying to operate in the same area, but with opposite standards.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    You seem like an active, adventuristic type.
    Not too boring for you?
    What's not too boring for me?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP

Eric B

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Didn't read any responses.

Seems like there are different ways of thinking about opposite. I definitely relate much less to ISTJs than to ESTPs. But I have a bunch in common with them temperament-wise (both IJs). If you're measuring approach to the world, the normal opposites might work better.

But yeah, if you're measuring opposite in terms of relatability, I'd definitely use your model (or maybe flip the I/E).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i kinda skipped over over everything so if this makes no sense then my apologies lol

from what im reading you are talking about what i call "functional opposites" meaning their functions are completely opposite. to an ISFP the most functionally opposite would be an ENTP

ENTP (Ne, Ti, Fe, Si)
    ISFP (Fi, Se, Ni, Te)

now, that being said, i actually tend to get along wonderfully with my functional opposite the ISTP. my reasoning for this is as follows: being that we have exactly opposite functions, we compliment each other in ways that the other types cant. for example, they compliment my Te by using their Se and Ti together, thus creating a synthetic Te. same with my Ne and Fi helping out their Fe. I find that when im around ISTPs they tend to be quite a bit more aware of people around them and their well being and i tend to be more logical in a Te type of way.

take all of that really really lightly/not seriously lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Nocaps has won the thread. Go home.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

mlittrell: opposite of ENTP is actually ESFP... and ENFP is ESTP.

ENTP => Ne Ti Fe Si Ni Te Fi Se
    ESFP => Se Fi Te Ni Si Fe Ti Ne

ENFP => Ne Fi Te Si Ni Fe Ti Se
    ESTP => Se Ti Fe Ni Si Te Fi Ne