User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Corrected to compensate for accent.

Which is why I'm asking about your theory dummy. Now quit with the Neo and get with the xplainin!! :steam:

Wildcat has a system constructed entirely with parallels... yours appears different.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    And people wonder why I end up ranting at 5s
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    It got me thinking, many of the problems with the MBTI system is that it was labelled up with a bias towards the NTP type. After all, when compared to "intuition" who would want to be labelled a "sensor", when compared to "thinking", who would want to be called a "feeler" and when compared to "perceptive", who would like to be known as "judgemental"?
    When the words were selected, did they hold the same negative connotations in society as they do today?

Only if they did could you complain about a label bias towards NTP.

And Isabelle Myers didn't seem to have difficulty with the word "Feeler."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    When the words were selected, did they hold the same negative connotations in society as they do today?

Only if they did could you complain about a label bias towards NTP.

And Isabelle Myers didn't seem to have difficulty with the word "Feeler."
    Well someone is feeling pedantic today. Did one stub one's pinky on the keyboard or is there something you can point to as the source of your ire?

As to your current stated objections, if I prepared each post to be semantically invulnerable then I would not post a damn thing and thereby neither should you based on the same criteria to which you hold me. It's all about the grey areas my friend and what shade you prefer.

I think are missing each other on the intention of this thread. I myself do not have a problem with the words. I recognise them as symbols for the meaning held behind them. They are but icons. However it would explain the route cause of some of the misinterpretation shown by some and also hopefully by changing the words it may ward against those who are unfamiliar with the system trying to obtain a certain result due to bias about the words used for the types.

Admittedly this is done from an NTP position so perhaps my bias is showing (bias being the same as preference) and therefore perhaps we can rely on others naturally accepting the labels assigned to their preferences but I rather feel that such would be a little idealistic and short sighted.

As an example should a bloke be typed as F, in most countries this is not considered the appropriate style for a man and so they get coached in T regardless. Now this itself cannot be stopped realistically but where as now the bloke will approach the MBTI, look at the title feeler and perhaps feel awkward or refute the preference no matter what the test says, if it instead only listed values instead of principles as the title then perhaps the reaction would not be so marked?

I have seen people reject their type based on the words it uses. I have seen non extroverted extroverts and I am a pretty non introverted introvert (hey I even chat to people!!!).. I just figure the words hold meaning which is not necessarily linked to the meaning they have within the system so perhaps better words can be chosen.

Perhaps... maybe... ideas... discuss...There is no argument here one way or another.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Since you want to study the ESTJ the best guide book I know is the 1984 of George Orwell.
    The ESTJs are sharers. They are a brotherhood. Every weekend they have a party where they share.

Ira Levin also wrote a book about the phenomenon. It is called the Stepford women. In Stepford they had the Men's Club. It was the local ESTJ club.
    It was the place where the ESTJs shared.

In the book the heroess thought there is something wrong in the water.
    It was not the water.