• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Is anyone aware of a method or source of interpreting results from this test (MMPI-2) into MBTI preferences?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
nope. do you mind putting up some basics of this test.

also, unless it is useful for defining cognitive processes, then it is probably pointless to try to apply it to MBTI. MBTI is usually better when used in correlation with other tests, such as the enneagram. to get a good grasp of who someone is, i generally have them read the enneagram and i type them myself for MBTI (i dont particularly like the tests).

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
MMPI is an actual diagnostic test for psychiatric conditions. Since the official MBTI is about normal differences among normal people, and all types can have different psychiatric problems, I would hope there wouldn't be correlations.

That said, the CAPT: Training, Books, Research for MBTI, Archetypes, Leadership, Psychological Type. online bibliography shows three entries, nothing recent. Usually they'll send you the abstracts for free and only charge copy costs if you want more.

1. Lee, C. R. (1994). MBTI psychological type and MMPI-2 profile patterns: A correlational study (Doctoral dissertation, United States International University, 1993). Dissertation Abstracts International, 54(04), 4394B. (University Microfilms No. AAC94-01108)

2. Reifman, A. (1985). Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: A validity study [MBTI and MMPI]. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, George Washington University.

3. Brock, D. (1984). A multivariate analysis of gender differences in response to the MMPI and MBTI. Unpublished manuscript.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Thanks for the responses. I was just curious from a layman's perspective if they could inform each other in any significant way. About a year ago I had both the MMPI-2 and a WAIS-111 administered. I wondered if preferences might have been found to correlate with results in specific areas.

It seems the 1994 study may be illuminating.