User Tag List

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Default Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2

Is anyone aware of a method or source of interpreting results from this test (MMPI-2) into MBTI preferences?
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

nope. do you mind putting up some basics of this test.

also, unless it is useful for defining cognitive processes, then it is probably pointless to try to apply it to MBTI. MBTI is usually better when used in correlation with other tests, such as the enneagram. to get a good grasp of who someone is, i generally have them read the enneagram and i type them myself for MBTI (i dont particularly like the tests).
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

MMPI is an actual diagnostic test for psychiatric conditions. Since the official MBTI is about normal differences among normal people, and all types can have different psychiatric problems, I would hope there wouldn't be correlations.

That said, the CAPT: Training, Books, Research for MBTI, Archetypes, Leadership, Psychological Type. online bibliography shows three entries, nothing recent. Usually they'll send you the abstracts for free and only charge copy costs if you want more.

1. Lee, C. R. (1994). MBTI psychological type and MMPI-2 profile patterns: A correlational study (Doctoral dissertation, United States International University, 1993). Dissertation Abstracts International, 54(04), 4394B. (University Microfilms No. AAC94-01108)

2. Reifman, A. (1985). Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: A validity study [MBTI and MMPI]. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, George Washington University.

3. Brock, D. (1984). A multivariate analysis of gender differences in response to the MMPI and MBTI. Unpublished manuscript.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Thanks for the responses. I was just curious from a layman's perspective if they could inform each other in any significant way. About a year ago I had both the MMPI-2 and a WAIS-111 administered. I wondered if preferences might have been found to correlate with results in specific areas.

It seems the 1994 study may be illuminating.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king