User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    I like to organize because I like order and because it's just....nice to organize. I swear, it lifts my mood. (dork)
    I don't know if that falls in Jennifer or Babyon Candle's category.
    my point about SJs is proven after all...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    You are right to point out that function theory is really helpful here, and that P and J are only shorthand for function dynamics. However, I just wanted to clarify some terminology and make some adjustments here.

First, I am generally used to seeing the 1st function called the "dominant" and the 2nd being called the "auxiliary," and then the next simply the "3rd function" and the last (4th) being called the "inferior function." Instead you have the first two called "dominant" and the 3rd and 4th being called "auxiliary." While technically it isn't exactly incorrect, it doesn't follow standard terminology and could be confusing.

Additionally, P and J primarily indicate is which functions are extraverted. So if you are a P, you extravert your perceiving function (S or N, thus making either Se or Ne one of your top two functions). It doesn't determine which is more prominent, though; I and E take care of that. If you are E, your extraverted function is also your primary (1st) one, whereas if you are I, your extraverted function is your auxiliary and the other one of your top 2 (your introverted one) is your primary function.

Thus, (and I think this is very important), you have types like INFJ, INTJ, ISTJ, and ISFJ, which are "J-types" but actually have a perceiving function as their primary (Ni for INFJ and INTJ and Si for ISTJ and ISFJ). Likewise you have "P-types" (INFP and ISFP, for example) which actually have a judging function as their primary (Fi in these examples). However, since in these cases the dominant functions in question will of necessity be introverted, they may not be as readily apparent to another person upon casual (or sometimes even closer) observation. The extroverted functions, in these specific examples, though auxiliary, may be more readily observable...not because of their prominence in the hierarchy of personal usage preference but by virtue of their being extroverted. I think that realizing this and keeping it in mind helps alleviate stereotypes by adding a layer of intricacy and nuance to function theory.

autumn
    yeah, I am sorry, my conceptualisation only works with E-types, forgot about that for a moment and confused it. But it's acctually good to know someone reads my shit, even it is just to point out the mistakes. Sometimes I get the feeling, I post a three hour long essay and I get no response
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The defintions I have come to see are best (most accurate and concise) are:

J: Decision making is based on external standards
    P: Information Gathering from external source

I until recently struggled with sorting out which judgments were which, but now with these definitions (based on Jung's own definitions), it's easier to see what is really what.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTJ

So can it be: decision making vs information gathering?

I'm not sure where this falls into it, but when I have a choice to make, I like to know what all my options are. I've always been that way. I don't already know what I want. I want to know what I have to choose from. I spend a lot of time researching when I am going to buy something, especially if it's expensive and I won't be replacing it for a long time. I guess I try to decide what the pros and cons are so I can decide which ones I want.

I have read that P types will research a thing to death, so I don't know what the difference is.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I am more into:

J: having understood a thing to its core and able to transmit that meaning to other people in one good sentence

But that does only go for my INFJ and maybe haphazard + berfhrer. What it is with extroverted J's is a different thing

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post

I'm not sure where this falls into it, but when I have a choice to make, I like to know what all my options are. I've always been that way. I don't already know what I want. I want to know what I have to choose from. I spend a lot of time researching when I am going to buy something, especially if it's expensive and I won't be replacing it for a long time. I guess I try to decide what the pros and cons are so I can decide which ones I want.

I have read that P types will research a thing to death, so I don't know what the difference is.
    What you describe would fit your professed type!
    You make decisions ("judge") based on external standards (researching; not already knowing, etc). In this case, it is logical criteria.
    With P's, it's the perception itself that is externally referenced, so I know in my case, it's just finding out information for its own sake, or to explore possibilities; not necessarily to make decisions (which will likely be based on an already known internal criteria, such as logic or values, and the researching might be to compare with these criteria as well).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    What you describe would fit your professed type!
    You make decisions ("judge") based on external standards (researching; not already knowing, etc). In this case, it is logical criteria.
    With P's, it's the perception itself that is externally referenced, so I know in my case, it's just finding out information for its own sake, or to explore possibilities; not necessarily to make decisions (which will likely be based on an already known internal criteria, such as logic or values, and the researching might be to compare with these criteria as well).
    That is again superficial, said a millionen times and possibly true