Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah really...

But us P's are still better.
    I feel miserable now ...
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lkpo14 View Post
    ive tried a lot of mbti test, but the results varied..
    thank ahead.
    J and P are referred to as "Preferences". It's what we are comfortable with most of the time, what comes most naturally.

I am a J. I like to have things decided ahead of time. I don't like waiting til the last minute. As a matter of fact, last minute changes can make me uncomfortable. If I am going on a trip, I will spend hours planning ahead of time, finding the best travel route, places we might want to stop to eat, and making reservations at hotels. I enjoy making decisions. I would never feel comfortable just hopping in the car and going without any planning ahead.

I'm married to a P though, and perhaps I can show you the differences best by the way he and I contrast each other.

Ps like to keep their options open as long as possible. They resist closure. My husband's favorite sayings are, "Stay flexible and have fun," and "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." I hate those sayings! They can make me feel stressed or uncomfortable or irritated. They believe that closing off options quickly might prevent the "best" solution from coming about. P is constantly weighing opportunities and advantages. They don't want to exclude anything from possibly being used in whatever application they're looking at.

Both J and P have pros and cons. One is not better than the other.

Do you relate more to my husband or more to me?
    Or who do you relate to the least?

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    My husband's favorite sayings are, "Stay flexible and have fun," and "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." I hate those sayings!
    LOL! My ex-husband used to say to me , "you've already crossed the bridge, crashed the car and burned!"

(And I'm supposedly a P.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    LOL! My ex-husband used to say to me , "you've already crossed the bridge, crashed the car and burned!"

(And I'm supposedly a P.)
    tee-hee

He must have meant it in a different context.
    I mean it in the context of decision making.
    When I ask my husband what we are going to do about a certain problem, what I want him to say is, "Let's do this, this and this." Instead, he usually says something like, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." I hate that answer! I don't want to wait. I want to decide now.

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    tee-hee

He must have meant it in a different context.
    I mean it in the context of decision making.
    When I ask my husband what we are going to do about a certain problem, what I want him to say is, "Let's do this, this and this." Instead, he usually says something like, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." I hate that answer! I don't want to wait. I want to decide now.
    Usually he'd say that in response to my incessant "what if" questions (ex., "What if I'm too sick to work - what will we do?") or "when" statements (ex., "When we have a baby, I want...". I focus a lot on making decisions for the future. (Hmmm....as I'm typing this out, I'm realizing these are N characteristics, are they not?)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Judging means you long for closure in decisions. Perceiving means you long for open endness in decisions.

J -> makes decisions in pen
    P -> makes decisions in pencil

Thats a quick and dirty description.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Default well

well, thanks everybody.
    i reviewed the answers, and im a P kind of guy, but i do got some J traits(i like to plan certain things, i kinda like closure, i dont have a lot of problem making a decision, but overall i like possiblities,i am spontaneous ,play now-work later, work best close to "last minute".

so im an xNTP
    tnx all.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Probably ENTP, even.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i was literally going to type exactly what Jack Flak said...bastard...

jk
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Usually he'd say that in response to my incessant "what if" questions (ex., "What if I'm too sick to work - what will we do?") or "when" statements (ex., "When we have a baby, I want...". I focus a lot on making decisions for the future. (Hmmm....as I'm typing this out, I'm realizing these are N characteristics, are they not?)
    Thinking about the future is stereotypically an N thing. I started a thread once in which I asked the S types if they daydreamed - which is supposed to be an N characteristic - and I think all of them said that they did. I was pretty surprised.

When several of us in your other thread determined that you must be ISFP it was based on many factors, not just on what you said, but also on what you didn't say. Those of us who have been studying type for a long time are familiar with it by reason of use. Not only that, but understanding the profile of the ISFP, we realized that is the one you fit into the best. I myself was introduced to type at least 18 years ago and have been actively testing my friends and relatives all these years.

As the books say, all people use all the preferences, but when you are trying to determine your type, you are trying to determine which preference you use the most naturally, which is most automatic, which is the one you prefer, which is most comfortable.

Even though you might think some things that an N would think, your ability to take in detailed information and store it away for later use, automatically without thinking about it, makes you first and foremostly an S. Perhaps your S is not that strongly pronounced. A person can be 100% S and 0% N, or 51% S and 49% N, or any variation in between.