User Tag List

First 12

Glycerine

Thank you everyone for your insights. Now I have a better understanding of the two.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

mbti is a model for something we dont understand (cognitive processes and subprocesses). for what it is, it is flawless. for understanding the brain as a whole...lol...well thats a different story.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    mbti is a model for something we dont understand (cognitive processes and subprocesses). for what it is, it is flawless. for understanding the brain as a whole...lol...well thats a different story.
    Well, I will admit that the cognitive processes of the INFJ sometimes uncannily match how I interact with the world. My NiFeTi are very strong and my Si is also fairly strong. Maybe that's why I continually tested as a sensor. (ex. ESTJ, ISFJ, ISTP, ISFP, ISTJ). I never tested as a N until I learned about the cognitive processes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

if you took a function test i can tell you now its wrong about the Si. plus the tests in general are...for a lack of better words...pretty crappy. i wouldn't say horrible, but unless you take keirseys they are just..ehh. did the INFJ profile seem to jump out at you?

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

Glycerine

if you took a function test i can tell you now its wrong about the Si. plus the tests in general are...for a lack of better words...pretty crappy. i wouldn't say horrible, but unless you take keirseys they are just..ehh. did the INFJ profile seem to jump out at you?
    The Keirsey profile did not really sound like me but almost everything else jumped out at me. Oh by the way, I did not take a CP test, it was just my opinion.

Here's some of my Si behavior:
    I remember historical dates, doctor's appointments w/o writing them down, some things people say and I say, what people like and don't like. I sometimes connect past experiences with the present and become very nostalgic. But the reason why I don't think I dominant Si (ISFJ) is because I'm detail-oriented only on certain things and on many other things I'm more oblivious and the SJ temperament does not seem like me.
    So for me, I'm probably Ni Fe Ti Si Ne Fi Te Se even though it goes against the theory.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what Si is?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

thats what i think it is. my mom is an INFJ and she is everything that you just described. also the functions dont work like that (Ni, Fe, Ti, Si) now i would immediately say that you are creating a synthetic version of Si by using Se and Ti together. also, if you think about it, your Se is filtering through two other introverted functions. thats all just personal ideas that im thinking of so take it very lightly. now, if you think that you are using Si (and though that isn't possible theory-wise lets assume that true) it would be shadow function and would be an unconscious cognitive process that wouldn't be immediately accessible or manifest itself directly.

Mahatma Gandhi

Glycerine

thats what i think it is. my mom is an INFJ and she is everything that you just described. also the functions dont work like that (Ni, Fe, Ti, Si) now i would immediately say that you are creating a synthetic version of Si by using Se and Ti together. also, if you think about it, your Se is filtering through two other introverted functions. thats all just personal ideas that im thinking of so take it very lightly. now, if you think that you are using Si (and though that isn't possible theory-wise lets assume that true) it would be shadow function and would be an unconscious cognitive process that wouldn't be immediately accessible or manifest itself directly.
    I think you have a much better understanding of it than I do so I trust your assessment. That definitely makes sense because it seems like I use Si a lot more than Se but not nearly as much as Ni Fe Ti. Thank you!