• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type that often thinks about "meaning of life" ?

wolfy

awsm
I'm ISFP and have thought often about this. I think the meaning of life is to have a meaning. A good purpose.

I have to go and pick up my daughter. :newwink:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The funny thing is, the one is yet to be found, who can actually think about the meaning of life :D

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
pftt life. Thats only for people who aren't privileged enough to live inside their heads.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
pftt life. Thats only for people who aren't privileged enough to live inside their heads.

Two and a half crown for a wise and genious statement !! *gives aimahn one of his two beers left*

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I think IN's tend to brood about it the most often. I do quite often, but I don't go all in depth into it. I tend to just fancy some ideas from time to time

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
"Type that often thinks about "meaning of life" ?"

A type that enjoys torturing itself with questions that don't have answers

i.e. INFP

:happy:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My INTJ tells me that he thinks about the meaning of life constantly.

Its kind of baffling. He says every second he has time to think, that's what he thinks about.

I told him that I decided that we'll never know the meaning to life and we shouldn't even bother trying to know.

He won't listen.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I think IN's tend to brood about it the most often. I do quite often, but I don't go all in depth into it. I tend to just fancy some ideas from time to time

My answer has changed in less than two months. I am currently in a 'meaning of life' crisis. :smile:

redacted

Even though I know there is no true meaning in anything (meaning is just something humans make up to comfort themselves -- a side effect of some other trait that made us reproductively fit at some point in time), I still make everything into some sort of abstract question of patterns...

I think about these "big questions" all the time, even though I've already worked out the answers or that there are no answers. I can't stop my mind from going down different paths to reach the same conclusions over and over.

Everything becomes abstract, patterns/themes, blah blah. I can't live in the moment at all because I keep having silly epiphanies.

(This is why I sometimes wish I was an ESTP.)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
enfp's totally do...but i think it's probably safe to say all n's do...if not everybody...i have no idea...haha

Ezion

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm ISFP and have thought often about this. I think the meaning of life is to have a meaning. A good purpose.

This was also the conclusion I came to ("the meaning of life is to seek meaning").

If I were forced to choose a type that most often thinks about "the meaning of life", I would say INTP.

What? You said thinks about the meaning of life. Doesn't that immediately rule out 50% of the population? ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think about the meaning of life because I know the meaning of life.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've answered that question long ago. (to be happy while trying not to make others too miserable)

The hard part is actually living our lives

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is at best an approximated guess... but seems as if the (Ne + Ti/Fi) combination or the reversed order might be more concerned with this, so that might make these 4 more susceptible to it:

ENTPs & ENFPs
INTPs & INFPs

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTps and INFps.

ENTps and ENFps generally find the "meaning of life" discussions too pretentious. Ne types are more concerned with generating real world possibilities, rather than speculating about what might or might not be.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The type most likely to ponder the meaning of life, I believe, is the unemployed type.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
All the INs, Shirley. Just by virtue of the logic of being I and choosing N. The Fs do values systems meaning, and the Ts do deeper reality checks. The Ps are likely to keep the questions alive as questions; the Js are likely to plan to make instructional videos.

The other types think they think about it, but everyone thinks they do the same thing as everyone else does and they all think they do it the right way, and they think all the others are a bit lacking in that area anyway.

And since I don't really know what S means, how about I suppose this: "the meaning of life" kind of questions can still get asked daily by types that prefer well understood norms, they just get rendered as, "Am I doing the right thing?"

Hell, even the E-types might ask "meaning of life" questions. Like, am I making really enough money? Isn't there something better than this shiny toy? Why doesn't everyone love me?

And so on.

But for the meaning of life, probably gotta ask an IN. We're worth something.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hell, even the E-types might ask "meaning of life" questions. Like, am I making really enough money? Isn't there something better than this shiny toy? Why doesn't everyone love me?

And so on.

But for the meaning of life, probably gotta ask an IN. We're worth something.

hehe.
It's good to know we're good for something.
but seriously. I agree. I think the intuitives or possibly the NFs are likely to ask this question. Maybe the NTs but perhaps they ask it differently. Still, maybe you might get the most detailed answers from the INFs who take a lot of time alone to ponder.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
hehe.
It's good to know we're good for something.
but seriously. I agree. I think the intuitives or possibly the NFs are likely to ask this question. Maybe the NTs but perhaps they ask it differently. Still, maybe you might get the most detailed answers from the INFs who take a lot of time alone to ponder.

Yer braggin'. What am I doing over here, playing cards with my imaginary friends?

The meaning of life has got to be a question asked by everyone in some form or other, as in, what value am I taking part in. INs consciously, and probably constantly, address it in some form just because that's what they do when they think/feel.

But I got into a discussion today with an ENFP about "those who can, do; those who can't, teach." She was saying that really all that was needed in this life is a bunch of people who "can". Her claim was, you don't need teachers because you can just watch the ones who "do" and learn by, I guess, also doing.

I worked out after a short while that she was playing me because if there's anyone going to be enamored of the magic of words, it's an ENFP.

But it occurred to me as kind of uncomfortably true that the E's do, and then they move on to the next thing to do; and the Is work out ways of saying it rather than doing it.

Wondered if that was really true.