User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'm ISFP and have thought often about this. I think the meaning of life is to have a meaning. A good purpose.
    This was also the conclusion I came to ("the meaning of life is to seek meaning").

If I were forced to choose a type that most often thinks about "the meaning of life", I would say INTP.

What? You said thinks about the meaning of life. Doesn't that immediately rule out 50% of the population?
    //Ti:52|Ne:46.8|Te:36.6|Ni:32.4|Si:21.5|Fi:21.3|Se:20.5|Fe:9.3\\ 5w4 (L4, SX/SP)
    My Game Development Blog - Now With Once Per Month Updates!
    *Checks updating schedule*
    Wait, I lied. Less than once per month updates.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't think about the meaning of life because I know the meaning of life.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I've answered that question long ago. (to be happy while trying not to make others too miserable)

The hard part is actually living our lives

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

this is at best an approximated guess... but seems as if the (Ne + Ti/Fi) combination or the reversed order might be more concerned with this, so that might make these 4 more susceptible to it:

ENTPs & ENFPs
    INTPs & INFPs

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

INTps and INFps.

ENTps and ENFps generally find the "meaning of life" discussions too pretentious. Ne types are more concerned with generating real world possibilities, rather than speculating about what might or might not be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

The type most likely to ponder the meaning of life, I believe, is the unemployed type.

MBTI
    INTJ

All the INs, Shirley. Just by virtue of the logic of being I and choosing N. The Fs do values systems meaning, and the Ts do deeper reality checks. The Ps are likely to keep the questions alive as questions; the Js are likely to plan to make instructional videos.

The other types think they think about it, but everyone thinks they do the same thing as everyone else does and they all think they do it the right way, and they think all the others are a bit lacking in that area anyway.

And since I don't really know what S means, how about I suppose this: "the meaning of life" kind of questions can still get asked daily by types that prefer well understood norms, they just get rendered as, "Am I doing the right thing?"

Hell, even the E-types might ask "meaning of life" questions. Like, am I making really enough money? Isn't there something better than this shiny toy? Why doesn't everyone love me?

And so on.

But for the meaning of life, probably gotta ask an IN. We're worth something.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

Hell, even the E-types might ask "meaning of life" questions. Like, am I making really enough money? Isn't there something better than this shiny toy? Why doesn't everyone love me?

And so on.

But for the meaning of life, probably gotta ask an IN. We're worth something.
    hehe.
    It's good to know we're good for something.
    but seriously. I agree. I think the intuitives or possibly the NFs are likely to ask this question. Maybe the NTs but perhaps they ask it differently. Still, maybe you might get the most detailed answers from the INFs who take a lot of time alone to ponder.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    hehe.
    It's good to know we're good for something.
    but seriously. I agree. I think the intuitives or possibly the NFs are likely to ask this question. Maybe the NTs but perhaps they ask it differently. Still, maybe you might get the most detailed answers from the INFs who take a lot of time alone to ponder.
    Yer braggin'. What am I doing over here, playing cards with my imaginary friends?

The meaning of life has got to be a question asked by everyone in some form or other, as in, what value am I taking part in. INs consciously, and probably constantly, address it in some form just because that's what they do when they think/feel.

But I got into a discussion today with an ENFP about "those who can, do; those who can't, teach." She was saying that really all that was needed in this life is a bunch of people who "can". Her claim was, you don't need teachers because you can just watch the ones who "do" and learn by, I guess, also doing.

I worked out after a short while that she was playing me because if there's anyone going to be enamored of the magic of words, it's an ENFP.

But it occurred to me as kind of uncomfortably true that the E's do, and then they move on to the next thing to do; and the Is work out ways of saying it rather than doing it.

Wondered if that was really true.

MBTI
    INxJ

I think about existentialism and other philosophies.