• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type that often thinks about "meaning of life" ?

Frank

I used to think about this alot. I think I was depressed or something. It finally hit me that there is no fucking meaning other than what you give it. Your born and you die. What you do in between is up to you.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yer braggin'. What am I doing over here, playing cards with my imaginary friends?

But it occurred to me as kind of uncomfortably true that the E's do, and then they move on to the next thing to do; and the Is work out ways of saying it rather than doing it.

Wondered if that was really true.

lol, meeee? pshaw! never. ;)

No, it's not really true. If you want proof, I'm doing. And, that's not bragging. What I mean is that you can find I's who aren't neccessarily I-100% or who understand that theory must be compounded with experience. We like to teach because we like to learn, but learning without action is null. So, I think your friend was playing you. Some who can't teach, but plenty of those who can teach too. :)

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think about the meaning of life often. Probably daily. Sometimes it's just a passing thought as I'm analyzing my surroundings and how I fit into it. Sometimes, however, it will catch me and I will think about it for hours. I tend to look for the deeper meaning in everything I do. I have to remind myself sometimes that things truly can be just random.

^Sounds like me. I have a hard time believing that things happen randomly.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I used to think about this alot. I think I was depressed or something. It finally hit me that there is no fucking meaning other than what you give it. Your born and you die. What you do in between is up to you.

Heh, I was asking myself if INT's really ask this sort of question more than ENT's. Then I read this post and the answer became clear. ;)

For this type of question, overall I'd say

I > E
N > S
F > T
P, J: doesn't matter much

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ

Agreed somewhat. I did this more when I was really mopey. During those times I'd usually just be like "why is the world this way?" and brood for a bit.

Nowadays I agree with what many people posted here: there is no inherent meaning to life, and that people must decide a meaning for themselves should it be something that they are searching for. Not everyone cares if life has a meaning, they just want it to mean something to them.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm not sure, but if it's about the meaninglessness of life; that would be INTP.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Type that often thinks about the "meaning of life"?

^INFJs. My entire existence can hinge on finding the deeper meaning if I'm not careful, I'm pretty sure other INFJs would agree.

Ditto

Tayshaun

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Guess:

N more than S.

F and T both do but in different ways.

F is more "meaning of my life"
T is more "meaning of life"

More of an essential concern for NFs for who it permeates their life.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
^INFJs. My entire existence can hinge on finding the deeper meaning if I'm not careful, I'm pretty sure other INFJs would agree.

Add INFP's to that list, I would say well over 50% of my day to day thinking revolves around the meaning of life, the other 50% revolves around fantasy land.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
Add INFP's to that list, I would say well over 50% of my day to day thinking revolves around the meaning of life, the other 50% revolves around fantasy land.

haha glad i'm not alone here! :D