User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Let's rethink J/P

Decisiveness seems hardly the word to distinguish J from P. P seem awfully decisive about many things, so then you get off-hand explanations: P can be decisive about something, if ..

Flexibility? I'm not that much in favor of that word to describe P anymore. J can become uncomfortable with the progress and the general mood of a project, but endure anyway. Now that's flexibility, just other kind than it is to "flex" elsewhere.

Process- or result orientation? J care about the end result, P about the process. This seems a bit more like it. I don't like how this is generally explained tho; (edit: by the common stereotype,) J marshal their way to victory, damned if anyone steps in the way! P are wishy-washy feel-gooders, smelling the flowers while not necessarily accomplishing anyway. (edit: disclaimer: I am not, and I was not in favor of this interpretation of J/P behavior.)

I guess we know the goods / bads of each, but I'd just like to form a good explanation of it, something that gives a balanced view of the subject in perhaps 2-4 sentences. We could form this explanation together and put in a FAQ post along with some other FAQ-worthy questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't agree with you. You are not a P, hence, you are making alot of faulty asumptions about being a P. P have same goals as Js and they will kill anyone that stand between their way and their goals, but at the same time, they are not obstinate and stubborn when they realize there is no way to reach their goal.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Ps rule, and Js can suck it.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

And that's the J on that.

Someone wake Edahn up. This bitch is ready to be closed.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd actually like to see BlueWing's take on this. Is there a way to summon him? Maybe by impugning his logic?

Man, BlueWing's logic is so flawed.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Process- or result orientation? J care about the end result, P about the process. This seems a bit more like it. I don't like how this is generally explained tho; J marshal their way to victory, damned if anyone steps in the way! P are wishy-washy feel-gooders, smelling the flowers while not necessarily accomplishing anyway.

I guess we know the goods / bads of each, but I'd just like to form a good explanation of it, something that gives a balanced view of the subject in perhaps 2-4 sentences. We could form this explanation together and put in a FAQ post along with some other FAQ-worthy questions.
    Actually, Linda Berens has just renamed the Interaction Style cross factors of "Control vs Movement" as "Outcome vs Process". Behind the Scene (ISF/INP) and In Charge (EST/ENJ) focus on the Outcome (end result) and Chart the Course (IST/INJ) and Get Things going (ESF/ENP) focus on the process.

I would just use Keirsey's alternate meanings for the J/P dichotomy: Scheduling vs Probing. That seems to cover it pretty accurately, without necessarily leading to the stereotypes (e.g: One can be "scheduling' in other ways without being neat).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I'd actually like to see BlueWing's take on this. Is there a way to summon him? Maybe by impugning his logic?

Man, BlueWing's logic is so flawed.
    No need to outsource J.
    We already Jd it.

Come on dudes, it's Jd.
    End thread.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

That's interesting, Eric. I like Get Things Going.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Uhh people I was expressing the stereotypes to get the discussion open. Chill out now. I'm not saying P people just smell the flowers, lol. That's supposed to be the stereotype to be debunked. Still, people are quite ready to say equally unflattering things about Js. What I want, is some consensus and better understanding. Don't let old stereotypes stay in the way. Piss off btw, anyone who thought of me advocating any of that shit.

Morons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeman
    Morons.
    J.
    we fukin won boys