• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is it SJ and SP....

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I still don't know. It's called MBTI-central. Not KTS-central.

Then again, if you're into cognitive functions, SJ/SP groups make more sense than SF/ST. "SJ"s at least means they all use Si either dominant or auxilary (and "SP"s use Se either dominant or auxilary). "NT"/"NF"s make less sense then.

redacted

Those groups don't really mean anything. They're just useful to use as a verbal shortcut. Just like SF and ST would be.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
SJs as a group get referred to a lot more in discussion than SFs and STs. So I can see why the SJ and SP sub forums are there.

Bella, you're an SJ who is starting to question things, you better watch your step....

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, I don't like it.
I'd like to be referred to as ST from now on.

'kthnxbye

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Seriously though, why?
You N's have J and P for tails too. Pfft...

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
So you don't like being mixed in with SFJ's or you aren't proud of your Jness?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Oh, heck no, I'm very un-bothered by my J-ness, I'm positively DELIGHTED by my J-ness. I just want to get to use two middle letters too.
It's just nicer.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
You have to admit, it doesn't make sense.
Darn N's took all the glamour for themselves...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I fully agree that the divide should be ST and SF and not SP and SJ. That divide, especially in relation to the existing NT and NF one, makes very little sense to me.

I also think that STs and NTs can relate in ways that NFs and SFs cannot, and vice versa.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You have to admit, it doesn't make sense.
Darn N's took all the glamour for themselves...

Only because we know SJs don't have it in them to stage a revolt..

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I feel connected with fellow Fs whether or not they be Ns is kind of irrelevant.

Intellectually speaking, people who are Ns I am more apt to connect to/with and emotionally speaking, people who are Fs, and Fi users specifically, I am more apt to connect to/with as well.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I fully agree that the divide should be ST and SF and not SP and SJ. That divide, especially in relation to the existing NT and NF one, makes very little sense to me.

I also think that STs and NTs can relate in ways that NFs and SFs cannot, and vice versa.

For sure.

And ajblaise....ahem... have you seen my new signature.

Baby steps....watch out.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I still don't know. It's called MBTI-central. Not KTS-central.
What Colors is saying. The four "categories" that this board uses are based on what Keirsey thought was really cool. He thought personality types could be described to match up with what the ancients called "temperaments" and "humors". You know when you read Shakespeare and stuff, they talk about different "biles" and humors? They used to think the liquids in your body balanced your personality to act different ways. Keirsey tried to relate these 4 humors to four MBTI letter-pairs.

Sorry for wasting your time if you already knew that, and were wondering "what possessed him to do a thing like that?" Because I think his combinations are no more or less relevant to type than any other combinations.

ajblaise said:
Only because we know SJs don't have it in them to stage a revolt..
Unless we build it into a moral value to do so...right? :tongue: But even then, we'd be outnumbered.

Last edited:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because observable human behavior patterns fall much more easily into those categories. It doesn't mean it's the only way you can split people, but from my own experience, it does seem to make the most sense. Obviously, there can be tremendous differences between an ESFJ and an ISTJ, but if you really get down to their basic motivations in life, you'll often find they point to the same things.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I feel connected with fellow Fs whether or not they be Ns is kind of irrelevant.

Intellectually speaking, people who are Ns I am more apt to connect to/with and emotionally speaking, people who are Fs, and Fi users specifically, I am more apt to connect to/with as well.
Or maybe it's that the people you connect with emotionally, you assume to be Fs, and the people you assume to be intellectual, you assume to be Ns.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Because it's better to categorize based on similarity and difference among people than order of letters.

ISTJ and ISFJ are simply more alike than ISTJ and ISTP.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Name stereotypes of each combination of letters - really, try!

There are only four dominant stereotypes in pop MBTI. Those are the divisions.

It's a trained bias, nothing more.