User Tag List

First 34567 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Just to agree with most of the first page and ensure the OP was answered despite me being distracted, ST and SF has as much meaning as NF and NT, just as NP and NJ have as much meaning as SP and SJ.
    Couldn't agree with this more.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

He's relaying perception, not manipulating it. I happen to agree with it.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Confirmation bias is the selective processing of information. So, if you are addressing what I was referring to, it does cover anything in which an existing belief in a system influences the mind's ability to process information outside of it, yes.
    Do you think circumlocution is impressive?

Do you think insisting that typology forces ignorance is true?

Read this as carefully as you can: It's impossible to not be using either iNtuition, Thinking, Feeling, or Sensing.

Unless your brain doesn't work, or doesn't work properly a person either taking in information (be it text, or taste or ___), or dealing with it (be it affection or organizing or ___). And even most psychoses don't keep one from doing these things. They do not attempt to precisely account for very specific behavior. Very specific behavior can however, be put into these large categories.

Function theory just gave those things a name. Awareness of type does not prohibit awareness of other systems. It doesn't impede awareness of other things anymore than any other analytic procedure. It's just a kit to name, without preventing more precise nomenclature, broad cognitive products or activities.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Oh, heck no, I'm very un-bothered by my J-ness, I'm positively DELIGHTED by my J-ness. I just want to get to use two middle letters too.
    It's just nicer.
    I see where you're coming from too.
    J-ness is a lot less awkward to say or type than the other version, .. but I'll do it anyway...

P-NESS!!!!!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Do you think circumlocution is impressive?

Do you think insisting that typology forces ignorance is true?

Read this as carefully as you can: It's impossible to not be using either iNtuition, Thinking, Feeling, or Sensing.

Unless your brain doesn't work, or doesn't work properly a person either taking in information (be it text, or taste or ___), or dealing with it (be it affection or organizing or ___). And even most psychoses don't keep one from doing these things. They do not attempt to precisely account for very specific behavior. Very specific behavior can however, be put into these large categories.

Function theory just gave those things a name. Awareness of type does not prohibit awareness of other systems. It doesn't impede awareness of other things anymore than any other analytic procedure. It's just a kit to name, without preventing more precise nomenclature, broad cognitive products or activities.
    Aie. It's like a constant non-sequitur with you. Just support the groupings in the OP please: NT/NF/SP/SJ. Why are those good groups, as compared to ,say, NT/NF/SF/ST (if you believe those are the relevent functions). I don't care about your hard-wired belief in a system or to explain how having such a deep belief causes confirmation bias.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Aie. It's like a constant non-sequitur with you. Just support the groupings in the OP please: NT/NF/SP/SJ. Why are those good groups, as compared to ,say, NT/NF/SF/ST (if you believe those are the relevent functions). I don't care about your hard-wired belief in a system or to explain how having such a deep belief causes confirmation bias.
    Behavior. I can only hope the differences are obvious to you, because I'm not going to explain them.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Behavior. I can only hope the differences are obvious to you, because I'm not going to explain them.
    Oh oh, I get to go back to patronizing!

I respect your opinion, but I'm afraid that opinions are not what I'm looking for today.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Oh oh, I get to go back to patronizing!

I respect your opinion, but I'm afraid that opinions are not what I'm looking for today.
    Your position is that the groupings mean nothing, and shouldn't be, is that correct? That only the sixteen types themselves are valid classifications?

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I've always had the understanding that the categorization was based on the following theory:

Ns are more defined by their abstract, internal process (i.e., what they're thinking or feeling), and how they go about coming up with things. Thinking vs. Feeling is a significant differentiator in how they do this.

Ss are more defined by their external interaction with the concrete world. Perceiving vs. Judging is a significant differentiator in how they do this.

Not saying I agree with this, just that that's been my understanding of the reasoning given behind the category partitions. I don't know where I got this; I'm sure I remember reading or hearing it somewhere, and that's how it's been filed in my brain since.

Since no one's mentioned it that way in this thread, though, I'm beginning to question if/where I got this info.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Is gravity a confirmation bias? I just figure, since it's unavoidable, and it's not always thought about, leaving room for awareness of other things, these of course being shared traits between gravity and functions.

Another is that the words name processes for when we do want to think about them. If that's confirmation bias then fine. I'm a victim like The Flak.

Pardon my ignorance, but I thought it ought to be corrected since, I assume, you were making a point against or for the OP. I was less interested in how it related than the fact that you were wrong.
    we fukin won boys