Suppose the following situation. You find delight in your type, it makes sense, and you see how it all fits. You recognize tests are prone to errors, and the individual's answers may change, giving different test results at time. Let's say you're seeing yourself as type ABCD right now - let's say it's your best guess, or you're rather certain about it.
Then you stumble upon evidence that dwarfs all the evidence before. You get results from a more respected test, a test proven to be more valid, or you go through some long self-evaluation process and find out some major things about your inner world. All in your, the latter information source (whatever it may be) seems more trustworthy. Then you find out the results point out to a different type than you've thought so far.
Write your established type first for clarity.
How do you react, if ..
1) the results would indicate an alternate I/E preference of your long established type?
2) Different F/T preference?
3) different S/N preference?
4) Different J/P, but nothing else?
5) Different J/P and something else, too? Reply with what would be the most likely.