• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you rediscovered your type

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Suppose the following situation. You find delight in your type, it makes sense, and you see how it all fits. You recognize tests are prone to errors, and the individual's answers may change, giving different test results at time. Let's say you're seeing yourself as type ABCD right now - let's say it's your best guess, or you're rather certain about it.

Then you stumble upon evidence that dwarfs all the evidence before. You get results from a more respected test, a test proven to be more valid, or you go through some long self-evaluation process and find out some major things about your inner world. All in your, the latter information source (whatever it may be) seems more trustworthy. Then you find out the results point out to a different type than you've thought so far.

Write your established type first for clarity.

How do you react, if ..

1) the results would indicate an alternate I/E preference of your long established type?

2) Different F/T preference?

3) different S/N preference?

4) Different J/P, but nothing else?

5) Different J/P and something else, too? Reply with what would be the most likely.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ

How do you react, if ..

1) the results would indicate an alternate I/E preference of your long established type?
INTJ, or keirsey's Mastermind, was my first result when introduced to Keirsey's personality, along with INTP.. so no wonder. Still, when have I become so introverted now? When did it happen?

ENFJ? Well I was a more of a people's person few years back, with a drive to improve the community and my social group. I don't feel this so much now, or perhaps on a more mundane level. Perhaps this test reflects my ideal, rather than presence. I do long for feeling.. Well, I'm not an ENFJ. Curious test result, still.

ESTJ? Well, I've had to focus more on mundane things at the moment, and the situation have been a bit forced. I'm adaptable, so this reflects my adaptation to the moment.

ENTP? Well, I recognized myself as ENTP for almost a year.. I wonder what has brought up the ENTPness from me. Perhaps I really like the leisurely, carefree type. I really do succeed in my life when I do that; So, it's possible for it to be my true type.

5) Different J/P and something else, too? Reply with what would be the most likely.[/QUOTE]
ESTP? Well I've got something of that.. but I'm too theoretical, or perhaps just learned. I've wanted to do just some my favorite thing over and over, ESTP style.. or have I misunderstood the type? No, this result is a bit strange to me.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
(ISTP)

This would be next to impossible for me, but if for some reason it turned out I was depressed etc, I would be very happy to see myself as an extrovert!

I don't see any issue with that at all.

I wouldn't find this unusual or daunting at all. I'm not that strongly T to start with, and a lot of the time I'd like to be a bit more agreeable. I'd probably have to get rid of my social anxiety to let that side out anyway, and that would be great.

Hmmm, how do I put this... I'd probably react like this

Which is to say, this is the one divide in which I have an issue with both definitions, and whichever side I am on, I'd probably react relatively equally. Of course, in terms of the board, I'd be moving to the minority, which carries some additional weight.

For this divide... I'm not quite sure how I would react. It's a pretty meaningless divide in my current state of mind.

That's be great. Any ideas how I could do that? ;)

5) Different J/P and something else, too? Reply with what would be the most likely.

I suppose I have to say the N/S divide, seeing how it was fuzzy before. Going from ISTP to INTJ would be just fine by me.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
(ISTP)

That's be great. Any ideas how I could do that? ;)
Get a personal financial crisis that forces you to work your ass off.. did it for me, and I found it much better than what I had in the first place :)

(Clarification: I found ENTJ way of thinking more appropriate and satisfying, and my actions and thoughts corresponded with ENTJ type.)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Get a personal financial crisis that forces you to work your ass off.. did it for me, and I found it much better than what I had in the first place :)

(Clarification: I found ENTJ way of thinking more appropriate and satisfying, and my actions and thoughts corresponded with ENTJ type.)

Hmm, actually that's a pretty good idea. The Crisis, I mean. Sufficient external pressure could change a lot of behaviours.

Military training, here I go! :yes:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hmm, actually that's a pretty good idea. The Crisis, I mean. Sufficient external pressure could change a lot of behaviours.

Military training, here I go! :yes:
Lol!! GL with ya! Well I had tried to push myself to that direction for a long time, remembering what it had been like in the past. I gotta say the push was in the right direction. I haven't liked the push from N to S.. it's been extremely hard. T to F, I'd like that. E to I? Big deal. P to J? Yay! :D

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
INTj here, who borderlines INTp and sometimes masquarades as either an ISTJ or an ENTP, depending on the situation.

I think it would be rather fun to be an ENTJ. However, I am quite introverted, so this would be rather unlikely for it to actually happen. It would be fun to see what reactions people had if it did... in certain situations I can come across as being extroverted.

Ugh, ugh, ugh!!!! Fs drive me crazy. Granted, some of my closest friends are Fs, but I don't think I could ever adopt that style of thought process. What works for one person doesn't work for all of us and I rather like my ability to read sad books without getting all weepy over them and argue with someone else without getting my own feelings hurt. I've been such a strong T for so long (second only to my introversion!) that I don't think it would be realistic to switch over.

This I could learn to live with. My father's an ISTJ, albeit with a very weak S preference. There was one time I actually tested as an ISTJ, but I was in a really odd mood that day and had not slept for about a week prior. I've masqued as an ISTJ before, as this helps people think I'm more normal than I actually am. However, I've really learned to like my intuition and learned to rely on it to problem solve in most of my classes. So I'd have to work a whole heck of a lot harder, which is rather unfortunate.

Since I borderline the J/P boundary with the INTJ/INTP, I highly doubt this would make much of a difference. I've always tested J, but both descriptions fit me quite well. Honestly, it would not make a difference.

I would actually love to be an ENTP, just to see what that is like. Though the I/E preference is the one where I'm polarized the strongest with regards to, the INTJ-ENTP would not be changing temperament, which is definately a plus. I'm definately not an SP temperament. In addition to disguising myself as an ISTJ, I've also masqued as an ENTP before, especially when I have to deal with being around a lot of people. Pity I can only keep that up for a short amount of time.
Second most likely would actually be the INFP. I've been compared to a certain fictional character who is an INFP if I've ever seen one and my sister is an INFP... so it would be an interesting study of interpersonal dynamics to have two INFPs in the house with SJ parents... and an ESFP, which is what my other sister is.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTP

This may explain why i feel bit gloomy constantly.. i guess? Not very surprising though, because at one point i believed i was an extrovert. I may be bit happy since ENTP takes initiatives to their goals, etc, via practice, which i resent greatly.

No way in Hell, can this test be right. I would lose my trust in these test and label as bs. No way i can be Feeling. 0%

ISTP.. hmm.. i doubt it, my intuition is ridiculously strong. Same as ^

INTJ, i would be relatively happy, my greatest problem is doing repetetive tasks. If i was an intj i would now plan world destruction

5) Different J/P and something else, too? Reply with what would be the most likelyENFP i may have been long long ago ( i know thats contradicting what i said earlier, but long ago i was a kind & happy)
J is impossible i always been messy, random, flexible and loved surprises.
S is unlikely either, my sensing isn't very high enough to beat my imba intuition.

So ENTP? perhaps.. but the preferfence of brain functions doesn't match. But at the moment i think closest would be ENTP regardless. rest are just too off.

shit g2g to class, lunch is over, excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The question is not very applicable for me, since I don't trust tests to come up with correct type. They certainly can though.

Basically in any of those situations, I would say "You are WRONG, test."

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The question is not very applicable for me, since I don't trust tests to come up with correct type. They certainly can though.

Basically in any of those situations, I would say "You are WRONG, test."
,or you go through some long self-evaluation process and find out some major things about your inner world. All in your, the latter information source (whatever it may be) seems more trustworthy. Then you find out the results point out to a different type than you've thought so far.
Yes?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well...That won't happen, I've been there ten times before with the same results.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
INFJ

-Well, I think I'm actually a bit more extroverted than many INFJs are prone to being, or at least I can appear so. That might help me deal with socialization without getting burned out, so I wouldn't complain at all. Plus ENFJs are just so much fun!

I've been mistyped as INTJ before, but I kinda prefer INFJ. I don't know if I could handle cold, hard rationalization all of the time; it just doesn't seem me

Hmm, ISFJ? I actually don't feel like I have a whole lot in common with them...I don't think that would fit at all

INFP wouldn't be bad at all. I think I would like that, a little, actually~

If anything, I think ENFP would probably be my preference with that. I wouldn't have too much of a problem there.

MBTI Type
INxJ
INTJ - Result from official MBTI test

Neutral

Pleased. I strive daily for improvement of my EQ. My goal is to be able to readily and naturally use feeling functions by 35.

This would be the only function I'd have negativity about.

INTP, heck yes. They are nifty creatures.

INFP, why not.

Edit: I didn't understand the last question correctly. I'd most likely be an INFJ.

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP, with preference for ENXP

They can indicate, I would wish it were so. Would help me solving my problems myself and not constantly to bounce off ideas.

That is a problem. I am bad at keeping the harmony up or to care for my friendships, like Fi would. I am good at analyzing snapshots, whats a Ti thing.

That I would really not care about. I am what I am and N explain the madness the best. I am neither intrested nor looking into that to find something out.

The far I know, a SP temperament fits me hardly. SP's like to acquire new abilities to reach a cause. I like to acquire new causes to reach an ability.

p I guess, is a cosmological constant, to say it with Einstein's words :D

INFP I could imagine. But I lack the Fi bigtime, the introvertism of thought in this personality bigtime and my ideas are specialized and technical. They never express a possible holistic view of a situation given from a human perspective or moreso create one, like writers would do.

ESTP: I am far away from any real world and I am a high security person or coward, I hardly take physical risks :D. Dont know tho, I like them, but I think not.

---

cant come up with more, besides obvious senselessness. The idea to think about it, IS fun but the line of logic must be drawn here :D. This far no further !

~ J.L. Pikkart :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
ENFP!

If I were an I instead of an E, I wouldn't be too surprised. No life-altering shocks there ^_^ I like being by myself at my own choosing just as I like people at my own choosing.

THIS one would be difficult to deal with. I'm incapable of distinguishing the two for the most part. I suppose I'd be a LOT less pissed about smaller stuff.. and a LOT less excitable and hyper.

My N's a bit lacking anyways.. but I rather like the average N'ness that I have. S wouldn't sway my boat too much.

Another biggie for me. To have absoluteness of J is something I think I sometimes struggle for.. a miserable attempt since i have a high P.

If I HAD to be different, I think I'd be an INFJ or an ESFJ.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3

INFP? yeah, i can live with that. i was pretty introverted during my childhood days. when i first did MBTI, i was surprised that i got an I, but it makes sense now.

wouldn't mind being an ENTP either. i did a step 2 test, and F vs T was pretty even. F only slightly won out. can definitely live with this.

o hell no! nothing against S's, but i strive to be N. my N score is completely off the charts (pretty much 100%). i'm a philosophy major too, so that's definitely theory over facts. urgh. i don't mind ESFP's, but the N means too much to my personal growth.

ENFJ's are pretty close with ENFP's. i'll call them the most relaxed/spontaneous of all the J's. they're also typically overachievers. really wouldn't mind being one.

there's no way that i'm an ENTJ. no way. i can't stand wanting to be in charge all the time. it's too suffocating. ESFJ's could be ok, but once i again, my N's my strongest function. INFJ would be my choice since they're mistaken for E's anyways.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ

If I came out as an ENFJ, that would be hilarious. Nothing in my 30 year life points to my being E, and if I were an E, I would be a ridiculously unhealthy, maladapted one.

If I came out ISFJ, I would be amused, because I know some ISFJ's in real life and there are considerable differences between myself and them, and relate to them far less than INFJ's. However, on another level it might make a bit of sense, because as a child I don't consider myself having been 'extremely N' -- I was pretty aware of my surroundings and think I was pretty grounded in terms of staying on top of everything, for example (although that could have been due to my ISTJ mother training me!), and can't say I relate to stereotypical N type descriptions of children where they're always in la-la imagination land. I was pretty observant.

If I came out INTJ, wouldn't surprise me, because I've often typed as INTJ, but have been told I'm not one. ;) j/k. Certainly not why I decided I wasn't one.

If I came out INFP, wouldn't surprise me -- if we're talking cog. function tests. But I've only rarely come up as a 'P' in dichotomy-based tests. I definitely relate to parts of the INFP description, just like I relate to parts of the INFJ description.

The most-likely totally different type would probably be ISFP. Like I said, I don't think my N is off-the-charts. And as a young child, ISFP isn't horribly unlikely.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTP- At any rate, if you "find' that you are a different type- nothing about yourself has changed- you're just trying a different vantage point/structure to view yourself.

I --> E: Start learning to imitate this supposedly great saleswoman-ship I keep hearing about. See if it makes me more fulfilled to be a persuasive individual. Need to find new excuses for never having the right comeback or the clever social response.

S --> N: I thought about this a lot for a long (for me) while to choose Se over Ne as the better describer of my thought process. So

T --> F: Feel a greater confidence in my "reading" of people. I'm not sure I'd change much here. It's not that as a believed-"T" I am completely unaware of my values judgements and "ethics". (I just consider such things) and then so ahead and do what I first thought of doing first.

P --> J: I would consider quitting talking about MBTI. Clearly my understanding would be incredibly flawed (or it is proof that I find it inapplicable to real life).

wolfy

awsm
ISFP

Not surprising I almost always measure centre line on tests. If I felt the test was more trustworthy as you said I'd probably change.

Same as above. I've thought more about this one so would be much more resistant to changing it.

If I accepted this it I would make quite a paradigm shift in my thinking.

ISFJ and ISFP are pretty different. I'd accept it.

Most likely? That's hard...ISTJ.

Then you stumble upon evidence that dwarfs all the evidence before. You get results from a more respected test, a test proven to be more valid, or you go through some long self-evaluation process and find out some major things about your inner world. All in your, the latter information source (whatever it may be) seems more trustworthy. Then you find out the results point out to a different type than you've thought so far.

This is the reason I have changed/decided my type up to now. I mean how could I doubt myself? 

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ

ENTJ
I would think that there was something wrong with the testing procedure because the way that I've always related to things is with knowledge of my personal perspective. I don't believe in an external reality that can be quantified and described without interpretation... So I'm definitely not an extravert. That said, I'd be really happy to be an ENTJ. I'd be a lot more assertive then.

ISTJ
Again, I'd think that there was something wrong. I and N are my strongest preferences. But I wouldn't mind having more Si... My memory and patience for details are amazingly short. And I'd fit society like a glove.

INFJ
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be an INFJ. I don't think it would be that different from being an INTJ, except maybe I'd care what people think, social mores, and be a lot more demonstrative? I'm not really sure. I am really curious what it means to feel outside of an introverted feeling context (i.e. Fe).

INTP
I used to think that I was an INTP until I realised that it just didn't fit. I'm far too structured to be an INTP... but it's not too bad being an INTP. ;) Though most of them tend to smell.