• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

We need good descriptions of functions

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Each function should have a great deal of information about it that we can access quickly. If someone can post links or valid and detailed information, then I would really appreciate it, and a thread like this could be stickied if it has good results.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
This was something I suggested.. A Sticky in NMI with links to all our forum's and the internet's resources on the functions, and a link in the welcome to MBTIc PM to that sticky.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
We have this, but if you need more, we can add more.

This was something I suggested.. A Sticky in NMI with links to all our forum's and the internet's resources on the functions, and a link in the welcome to MBTIc PM to that sticky.

If you build it, it will be stuck. (I can't do the PM stuff, but I can stick it and/or discuss sticking it.)

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
I found this for definitions of the functions. But it didn't seem to fit exactly and I was wondering if there are two different contexts. Like if one is a primary or secondary a function is described one way but if it is an inferior it acts in another way? For example my inferior is Fe which is defined on that link as "Connecting; considering others and the group - organizing to meet their needs and honor their values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others". That doesn't seem to describe the Fe I have come to love under periods of great stress.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Jungian Function Theory
Ne & Ni; Se & Si; Te & Ti; Fe & Fi at sharedpaths.com
Ne & Ni; Se & Si; Te & Ti; Fe & Fi at cognitiveprocesses.com
Ne & Ni; Se & Si; Te & Ti; Fe & Fi by Lenore Thomson

Here is a start of info that may help the new member.

There will need to be some sort of explanation attached, something to the extent of, "What you know as an MBTI type is just a particular hierarchy/arrangement of these functions."

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Check out this link:

Symbol Thinking: Mapping Jungian Archetypes on Cognitive Processes

The website owner kindly provides a summary of what each cognitive process looks like in each possible position (using the eight function model: 8x8=64 possible combinations). For example, as an INFJ, I would check out Ni in the "Hero" position, then Fe in the "Father/Mother" slot, Ti as"Puer/Puella Aeternus", and so on down the hierarchy until I reached "Demon/Daemon" for my Si (this one is very true for me, I can be intensely forgetful at times).

I have studied my own cognitive processes/archetypes in this light and found many truths here. However, the descriptions are very brief and a little vague, so maybe we need some discussion here to flesh them out a little more.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i would agree but the functions aren't that complicated and are pointless if look at as individual entities. function orientation (how the functions work together) is much more important than the functions themselves