• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has your introversion ever decreased/increased?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Over the time of you finding out your MBTI type?

I took the test a good few years ago, and at the time of testing my introversion was at 57%, in the last 2 times I have taken the test my introversion levels have increased to 88%.

Now I know people say types can't change over and over again but if I am marking a considerable rise in my I, wouldn't it have been possible that once I would have been an E?

Have you noticed any changes in your I/E since you first tested to now?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am more or less new to MBTI but I am sure that I am very strong I since my birth.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
When I first took it about 10 months ago, my Introversion score was 67%. When I retook it last week, it had dropped to 50%.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I would say that moods can change it +/- 20% sometimes even more.

That is what I have seen in other people.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I believe it's mood related too, but I'm just confused as to why that couldn't constitute a type change.

If someone was introverted because of their mood, they would test one way and if they were happy they might test another, so which type would they be?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I have functioned as an Extrovert in my daily life for many years but always tested as an Introvert. It can be exhausting for me.

In my last testing I tested 50/50. And I do seem to be pacing myself better than in the past. I still do have that sense of being depleted after too much interaction with others.

helmetel

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My introversion was already pretty much as high as it could get so no.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Over the time of you finding out your MBTI type?

I took the test a good few years ago, and at the time of testing my introversion was at 57%, in the last 2 times I have taken the test my introversion levels have increased to 88%.

Now I know people say types can't change over and over again but if I am marking a considerable rise in my I, wouldn't it have been possible that once I would have been an E?

Have you noticed any changes in your I/E since you first tested to now?
Of course they fluctuate. You can't look at cognitive functions, let alone overall type as being static. It fluctuates by the minute depending on any given circumstances. Yet again there are no pure types as Jung and Myers-Briggs continue to say, so no one is 100% anything. Type doesn't change, your usage of a certain functions changes. For example, for the past couple of days I have been using my Se more and more, however I am still an ISTP. When people say their types change based on test results, I propose they are not following the one rule that I was told when having the MBTI administered. Always answer questions as though you are home alone.

AfterHours

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My level of withdrawal and rationality has definitely changed over time, but I don't doubt that Fi is my dominant function. As I learn more about the system I become more confident in my type. I don't really trust the test results as I feel I know what the questions are asking and that the outcomes can be too easily affected by mood and desired results.

G

garbage

I used to be much more withdrawn socially, but there's no doubt now that Te has been my dominant function all along. It's just that I applied it most to my work and personal projects, many of which could be conducted alone; it had nothing to do with extroversion in the traditional sense.

I've never taken the official test, but I'm sure that if I'd taken some online MBTI test early on, I may have tested as an "I" because most tests treat the four dichotomies as independent rather than relying on functional analysis to determine type.. so questions about E/I tend to be about how one relates to other people. There's definitely a correlation between social extroversion and MBTI's "E", but that doesn't mean that one always implies the other. I still consider myself at least slightly socially introverted even despite being very interested in other people, being able to lead and direct them, wanting to cater to them, and going out among them many nights of the week.

Since I've become a much more balanced individual and have thus exercised many of my other functions, I did have some confusion over my type.. but it's pretty clear to me now.

I guess this is why I'm a bigger fan of Socionics than MBTI, but MBTI as a simple model does have its place.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
I used to test ENTJ, but that never happens anymore. I don't think I was ever actually an E, though. Maybe I thought then (before I knew about MBTI) that it would be better for me if I were an E, and was subconsciously trying to be more extroverted.

I still try to be more extroverted for the sake of balance, but I recognize my introvert preferences.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
YES! I didn't use to take tests, but I feel my introversion has increased considerably from what it was a couple of years ago. I used to be more outgoing.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes. I have nearly always tested XNFP for the last couple of years.

It's that energy question that keeps me leaning toward the I.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
of course. whose hasn't. that doesn't mean my personality type changed it just means the test results changed.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Heh, mine has increased. Just check this:
Dec 07th: (75|59|65|82)
Oct 29th: (61|64|70|77)

And I bet if I take the test again it will be even more. I did notice I got more introverted lately, but that's what I wanted anyways.