User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default Has your introversion ever decreased/increased?

Over the time of you finding out your MBTI type?

I took the test a good few years ago, and at the time of testing my introversion was at 57%, in the last 2 times I have taken the test my introversion levels have increased to 88%.

Now I know people say types can't change over and over again but if I am marking a considerable rise in my I, wouldn't it have been possible that once I would have been an E?

Have you noticed any changes in your I/E since you first tested to now?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

I am more or less new to MBTI but I am sure that I am very strong I since my birth.

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

When I first took it about 10 months ago, my Introversion score was 67%. When I retook it last week, it had dropped to 50%.

I would say that moods can change it +/- 20% sometimes even more.

That is what I have seen in other people.

MBTI
    infp

I believe it's mood related too, but I'm just confused as to why that couldn't constitute a type change.

If someone was introverted because of their mood, they would test one way and if they were happy they might test another, so which type would they be?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

I have functioned as an Extrovert in my daily life for many years but always tested as an Introvert. It can be exhausting for me.

In my last testing I tested 50/50. And I do seem to be pacing myself better than in the past. I still do have that sense of being depleted after too much interaction with others.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My introversion was already pretty much as high as it could get so no.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Over the time of you finding out your MBTI type?

I took the test a good few years ago, and at the time of testing my introversion was at 57%, in the last 2 times I have taken the test my introversion levels have increased to 88%.

Now I know people say types can't change over and over again but if I am marking a considerable rise in my I, wouldn't it have been possible that once I would have been an E?

Have you noticed any changes in your I/E since you first tested to now?
    Of course they fluctuate. You can't look at cognitive functions, let alone overall type as being static. It fluctuates by the minute depending on any given circumstances. Yet again there are no pure types as Jung and Myers-Briggs continue to say, so no one is 100% anything. Type doesn't change, your usage of a certain functions changes. For example, for the past couple of days I have been using my Se more and more, however I am still an ISTP. When people say their types change based on test results, I propose they are not following the one rule that I was told when having the MBTI administered. Always answer questions as though you are home alone.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My level of withdrawal and rationality has definitely changed over time, but I don't doubt that Fi is my dominant function. As I learn more about the system I become more confident in my type. I don't really trust the test results as I feel I know what the questions are asking and that the outcomes can be too easily affected by mood and desired results.

garbage

I used to be much more withdrawn socially, but there's no doubt now that Te has been my dominant function all along. It's just that I applied it most to my work and personal projects, many of which could be conducted alone; it had nothing to do with extroversion in the traditional sense.

I've never taken the official test, but I'm sure that if I'd taken some online MBTI test early on, I may have tested as an "I" because most tests treat the four dichotomies as independent rather than relying on functional analysis to determine type.. so questions about E/I tend to be about how one relates to other people. There's definitely a correlation between social extroversion and MBTI's "E", but that doesn't mean that one always implies the other. I still consider myself at least slightly socially introverted even despite being very interested in other people, being able to lead and direct them, wanting to cater to them, and going out among them many nights of the week.

Since I've become a much more balanced individual and have thus exercised many of my other functions, I did have some confusion over my type.. but it's pretty clear to me now.

I guess this is why I'm a bigger fan of Socionics than MBTI, but MBTI as a simple model does have its place.