• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyping, how and why?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
A few question for you people:
How many times have you mistyped yourself?
Why?(misunderstanding of the functions, "dishonest answers?")
Have you reached a conclusion?If so, what helped you determine your type?
Do people tell that your type doesn't fit but you do or the opposite, you tell people that this isn't your type but they insist that it is?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Are you drunk, Jeffster? You're usually wittier than that. :D

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I've always tested as INTP, and I feel it's accurate, but I also identify strongly with a few of the INxPs on the boards.

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I tested as an ISTJ once, but I was in a really wierd mood that day and I had gotten no sleep the night before.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
How many times have you mistyped yourself?

I always get ISTJ on the functions tests. Sometimes on the types test.

Why?(misunderstanding of the functions, "dishonest answers?")

I freakin' hate the little slider answers, you know, the "very accurate-semi accurate-in the middle-semi me-not me". I never know what to put down and my results always seem to not match when I do tests like that.

The reason I get ISTJ I know is because I just express my Se when stressed. On the types test, if I'm having a bad day or if I am depressed I have a chance of getting ISTJ.

And on the functions test the very nature of the slider answers stress me out, so there goes their accuracy... I think it's the J in me that hates the slider answers.

Have you reached a conclusion?If so, what helped you determine your type?

Yeah, I'm INTJ. Mainly because of three reasons:
1) Reading about sensors I find myself not relating to it at all.
2) INTJ is usually what a I get when I'm not stressed.
3) I've read the INTJ description and even some of other descriptions (BlueWing's) and it seems to fit be really well so, I don't question it anymore really.

Do people tell that your type doesn't fit but you do or the opposite, you tell people that this isn't your type but they insist that it is?

My mother tells me sometimes she thinks I am an feeler. But then again I am only a moderate (75%) thinker. And aren't all thinkers little teddy bears with the people they are close to anyway? :)

But nah, INTJ fits me well.

I think you should go by the type descriptions (probably the 'main' points) instead of relying on tests to tell you.
I think you know the stuff well enough, and know yourself well enough to be able to make the right choice in the end.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
tsk, tsk...excuses, excuses.....you're ISTJ! Be brave and accept it!

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
tsk, tsk...excuses, excuses.....your ISTJ! Be brave and accept it!

I will never turn to the dark side. :tongue10:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7tYxM5arM8]Return of the Sensor[/youtube]
:laugh:

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
ahh, I can't see that on this stupid computer.

One day, when you come out of the closet, I'll be there for you my friend. K?

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Once, as INTP. I'm ENTP :). I mistyped myself because I confused being reserved as biological introversion.
---------------------------------v
Unless anyone has other opinions of my type....

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh...I think I got an identity crisis then...honestly it took me forever to type myself so I went down to the library and read a few things. Any books to recommend on typing?(I know this is out of the blue :D).
The thing is the first time I got ESFJ because I tend to have been fed that their personality is the best "in my culture" people want us to act that way(I still secretly wish I was sometimes :p life seems more fun over there).Then I realized that ever since I was a kid I had simply done that=> been all things to all people which in the end got me nowhere). Plus no one agreed that the ESFJ was my type after reading description.
So I tried to answer "honestly"and got intp...then I looked at the description and realized I never made a decision based on logic (I thought it "made sense" to take the decision that pleases everyone even if it's not the best one...basically...I was making value decisions and not logical ones :p)
Looked at the infp description but honestly I realized something was off because they sound like angels, seriously never seen a description more biased than this one(wasn't one of the people who wrote the description an infp?Yeah you could smell that a mile away, pft, narcisstic, please tell me that you also see something wrong with this.But the infj description is even more out of this world)
infp:
INFPs who function in their well-developed sides can accomplish great and wonderful things, which they will rarely give themselves credit for. Some of the great, humanistic catalysts in the world have been INFPs. Is this the part where we are suppose to fawn over ourselves?o_O...not happening.
INFP Profile, a bit more objective.
I think they glorified the INFXs in here...-.- just my opinion. I could relate strongly to the infj flaws and more or less to the description. I actually kind of discarded over 78% of it because I considered it "sugar coat".
I liked the one on typelogic better, it seemed less "sweetened" by the" buy more of my products because I wrote more nice and completely fake stuff on the other pages :D!!I mean honestly people aren't that good deep down get a grip Lady! Everyone breaks their ethics and falls into hypocrisy at one point in there life. If you break your rules even once then you have no right to run around judging people and "bestowing forgiveness"...
Ahem, I still am unsure of whether or not I am infj sometimes because the description are just plain ridiculous...in my humble opinion:
=>Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types.!LOL, that's not always a good thing and it's really not a good thing to say that, some people might think their special o_O...pft. How many people do I see on infj forums running around hugging themselves for being so special?
They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.
(I hide part of myself because I think it's "toxic waste" to others, so much negativity shouldn't be shared with everyone, some people might get their day ruined :p.Nothing that complex and intriguing here!Just a typical person hiding her flaws.)

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring.
Now maybe my self-esteem is rotten or something but come on now don't tell me most "infjs" out there are agreeing nodding vigorously while reading this...*rolls eyes* I wish they would be more honest in their descriptions,(I only appreciated the personal growth parts because they gave us the real deal and not all of that excuse me the term" feel good crap":))
INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents. Lies! Lies! I tell you!o .O Some people think they're deep but they really aren't.
INFJs may well have the clearest insights of all the types into the motivations of others, for good and for evil.(the typelogic is the less sugarcoated one of the two.But 16types is also very good)- no comments.
Anyways, short rant about the lack of objectivity in the descriptions most of the time..
I stuck to the personal growth parts in making my decisions because I think it's the "raw" part, I mean we all suffer from a certain disillusionment at one point in relationships and feel that we see people for their "real colors" so that is the part I wanted to see.Keep all that sugar for later.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i was typed INFP at first though i think this is somewhat normal. the INFP profile fits very very well. i see this with a lot of XNXPs, getting typed as their introverted type

heart

heart on fire
I typed as 50-50 in the J-P area and counselor says just pick one. So I thought I was INFJ until I learned the difference between Fe and Fi.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I never type as anything other than INTP, even when I'm trying really hard to (which is annoying). I have an idea I was INFP as a child and had the F knocked out of me.