User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Thread title made me instantly think of this ;P

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVADNUyDZY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVADNUyDZY[/YOUTUBE]

It just rhymes, doesn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Very good analysis! I would be inclined to agree with that, to an extent.
    That would also make sense with something I've seen in the INFJ forum:

"Phases of development for the INFJ Personality Type:

From age 0 - 6 years
    At this early age, we use all four of the functions in an indiscriminate fashion. We "try on" the different functions for size, determining which ones work best for us. The little INFJ has not yet emerged as any particular personality type, although his parents may notice trends in behavior which appear to have the characteristics of one or more types.

From 6 - 12 years
    During this phase, our dominant function begins to develop and assert itself. Our young INFJ begins to appear dreamy and introspective - he begins to prefer to use his iNtuition to take in information, and he chooses to do this alone (Introverted). The dominant function of "Introverted iNtuition" begins to show itself as the prevailing aspect of his personality.

From 12 - 20 years
    The auxiliary function asserts itself as a powerful support to the dominant function. Since all recent studies point towards the importance of a well-developed team of dominant AND auxiliary functions, this is an important time of "self-identification". Research suggests that people without a strong auxiliary function to complement their dominant function have real problems.
    In our INFJ example, we see the auxiliary Feeling function come to the front during this phase as a support to the dominant iNtuitive function. Since the INFJ's dominant function is an Information Gathering function, the auxilary function must be a Decision Making one. Without a Decision Making process, we would flounder about and never get anything done! As the auxilary Feeling process comes forth, the INFJ begins to develop the ability to make decisions based on his personal value system. This auxiliary decision making process will be Extraverted, since the dominant function is Introverted. Since the decision making function is Extraverted, our subject now emerges as a "Judger", rather than a "Perceiver". Our INFJ Personality Type is now pretty firmly set in place, and we know the dominance ordering of the four functions.

From 20 - 35 years
    We begin to use our tertiary function more frequently and with better success. Our INFJ begins to use his Introverted Thinking function. He continues to make judgments with his Extreverted Feeling auxiliary function, but he also begins to make judgments based on logic and reason, which he works through in his own mind, rather than discussing it with others.

From 35 - 50 years
    We pay attention to our fourth, inferior function. We feel a need to develop it and use it more effectively. Our INFJ begins to use his Extraverted Sensing function. He becomes more aware of his surroundings and begins to take in information from others in a more literal, practical sense. He continues to rely on his dominant Introverted iNtuitive function to take in information, but he is more able to use his Extraverted Sensing function than he has been before in his life. Some researchers have attested that the appearance of our inferior functions at this phase of life may be responsible for what we commonly call the "mid-life crisis".

From 50 onwards
    From this age until our deaths, we have accessibility to all four functions. However, we use them in a more disciplined, differentiated manner than when we were very young. Our basic Personality Type continues to assert itself, but we are able to call upon all four functions when needed."

I've been really look around about this...Because each function is determined as being "introverted" or "extroverted", it would make sense that intro/extroversion could be based in genetics, along with our "main" function, that being either S or N.
    So an INFJ may be born with a innate preference towards Ni, or introverted iNtuition... which would show the first two letters to be INxx.

Which basically I'm just summarizing everything you've said, but yeah ^^;
    did you write this? it is well written, and i like most of it. i use my shadow quite a bit (though unconsciously) and im 20. i use my Te like a tool...its wonderful. very much of it is understood and implied but it is nice to see it written out . also like i state below, i think the first two functions are used quite a bit at a young age but they dont tend to work well together. like for me, it would be a split between Ne and Fi. I was either using Ne or i was using Fi; they didn't work together like they do now. the reason i dont think they work well together is because of a lack of development of Te, which lets the first two functions communicate with each other.

and as far as perceiving developing by environment...ehh i still doubt it. also ive seen that the auxiliary function is very very obvious at a young age, maybe even more so then when they are older (im not saying they use it more or less, its just more obvious....i get this from an example of an ENTP 8 year old girl...her Ne makes her interested in EVERYTHING and her Ti is constantly analyzing and even is like a synthetic form of Te because she will outright state if she thinks something is stupid (just an example)). as far as N and S go and the origins of the latter...read The Edge Effect by Dr. Eric Braverman.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    did you write this? it is well written, and i like most of it. i use my shadow quite a bit (though unconsciously) and im 20. i use my Te like a tool...its wonderful. very much of it is understood and implied but it is nice to see it written out . also like i state below, i think the first two functions are used quite a bit at a young age but they dont tend to work well together. like for me, it would be a split between Ne and Fi. I was either using Ne or i was using Fi; they didn't work together like they do now. the reason i dont think they work well together is because of a lack of development of Te, which lets the first two functions communicate with each other.

and as far as perceiving developing by environment...ehh i still doubt it. also ive seen that the auxiliary function is very very obvious at a young age, maybe even more so then when they are older (im not saying they use it more or less, its just more obvious....i get this from an example of an ENTP 8 year old girl...her Ne makes her interested in EVERYTHING and her Ti is constantly analyzing and even is like a synthetic form of Te because she will outright state if she thinks something is stupid (just an example)). as far as N and S go and the origins of the latter...read The Edge Effect by Dr. Eric Braverman.
    I did not write this; Trinity posted it in the INFJ forum, and it was one of those clicking incidents.
    I think I'll begin watching a bit more about what conclusions I come to; the more I'm learning, the more I realize that I have a lot more I need to learn :B
    I do think there are factors determined by environment. It would truly boggle my mind to think that there are none; with the way the world works and the way people adapt, it seems to me as if there has to be something to a certain extent. I do realize that quite a bit is nature; but to what extent? I'd really like to figure that out.

And I do think that this chart is based a bit more on a generalization of aging; as in, it's based on how developed functions are in most people according to their experiences up to that time. In other words, I have a pretty well developed tertiary function already, and I'm only 17. I have more experience than most people my age, though; so I think it's kind of a projection of average development. I believe functions are definitely strengthened by nurture.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

did you write this? it is well written, and i like most of it.
    Source

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    the more I'm learning, the more I realize that I have a lot more I need to learn :B
    Me too. What I initially considered black and white has become somewhat grey.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Thread title made me instantly think of this ;P

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVADNUyDZY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVADNUyDZY[/YOUTUBE]

It just rhymes, doesn't it?
    How completely random, cool

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

its well written trinity believe me, i know nothing about MBTI, so only take what I say extremely lightly. you two might be so completely right for all i know. the way i see it is your type is defined at conception and it bends with its environment. but wtf do i know haha.

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

its well written trinity believe me, i know nothing about MBTI, so only take what I say extremely lightly. you two might be so completely right for all i know. the way i see it is your type is defined at conception and it bends with its environment. but wtf do i know haha.
    I didnít write it but I will take complete credit for employing Google to find it on my behalf I know pretty little myself, I was certain types were set in stone before I started this thread, now, dunno, I see more questions than answers.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I didnít write it but I will take complete credit for employing Google to find it on my behalf I know pretty little myself, I was certain types were set in stone before I started this thread, now, dunno, I see more questions than answers.
    well MBTI is a model for something we dont completely understand...the brain. when we understand the brain we will understand MBTI lol. otherwise everything is implied and not set in stone.

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Man, things like that make me want to become a research psychologist. Too many questions, so few answers!
    I definitely is making me more interested in genetics as well. I've never really too indepth on that, but it seems like there's definitely a lot tucked in there that would be pretty interesting...
    The only thing I would be worried about is someone trying to alter things like that once we know about it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not interested in any "perfect" person with genetic alteration; flaws in people are really beautiful things :/
    But some people seem to really be gung-ho for that...