User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I just felt like searching for "personality types" on google.

Then I was stuck.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

I ended up here after I had been exploring MBTI (and other tests) both on-line, through reading and administered tests. I was hoping to use it as a way to understand my interactions with others and the (unproductive, largely) results I had been getting. I stumbled upon this forum and it seemed to offer a great mix of well thought out insights and amusing distraction. I knew that I could learn from these forum members and I have. Thanks!
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I think I found it while I was taking random quizzes on the internet on day.

Why did I get interested? Cimaron's answer is pretty accurate for me...

People are intensely confusing. (I've got me down pretty well.) Once I got old enough to get that I wasn't the center of the universe and enough experience to figure out that people are weird... I've been trying to figure them out ever since.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Like substitute, I was trying to find some information on introversion v. extroversion.

I tripped over the MBTI while doing so.
    "Tripped" ain't the word.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

What got you interested in MBTI?
    A drive to understand myself.

Why are you here?
    The chance to learn. I don't like to socialize with strangers IRL which means I'm not exposed to a wide range of people. Here, I get to learn about different types of people and how to interact with them. Most meaningful, however, are the mistakes I make, and what I learn of my own weaknesses through them.

I don't think I could make that any cheesier...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I've used type for a long time both personally and professionally (thanks, INTJMom for reminding me I should pull out the Tieger book for some advice about our 18-year old). A type friend directed me to this forum, impressed by the volume of knowledgeable users, and I've stuck around to learn and dialogue...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I had mentioned my story here:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post257583 (and I thought there was another thread like this one as well).
    Basically, my wife decided to get a counseling license with the NAtional Christian Counselor's Association. They use basically a modified version of the FIRO-B, but with inborn temperament measured. I find it accurate and learn how that works.
    Then, a friend introduces us to the Keirsey test online. We take it, and I become determined to find out how it corresponds to our test. I had remembered earlier seeing the MBTI codes and the four functions, from time to time, and wondering how they worked, but didn't have the time to figure it out. This time, having learned a little about personality theory, I had a basis to compare from. Plus, I find that cognitive dynamics was a useful addition to temperament theory (particularly seeing how Linda Berens integrated them).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP

I think I relate to some of the NTP stories earlier on in the thread. I had a lot of mental turmoil going on and I somehow went through a method similar to ajblaise and researched it and thought about it for a while. I think though that it was the first thing that really sort of captured how I felt personally and it was somewhat refreshing not knowing I wasn't crazy and extremely lazy.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFP

All of a sudden people kind of almost made sense.

MBTI
    ISTJ

My Psychology class talked about it. I got into it because I'm always trying to figure out why I am the way I am. Personal growth and all that.