• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hey INFPs, does this T characterization make sense to you?

Metis

"Fascinated by all ‘T’ types" from Surviving INFP blog

The INFP blog author thinks:

with ‘T’ types, they have little hidden agendas when they are trying to move you to follow a certain regulation or rule they have created. If you comply and conform, you are no fun. They like to have a little thrust-and-parry to see if you are a worthy opponent and if they can get you to concede they are right.

When a fellow T talks to another T whom she has respect for, there is a little game of haggling and straight-forward questions which to a F probably sounds pretty rude.

That's an interesting assessment. It's pretty broadly drawn, and I don't know if any T types would be more likely to do whatever the author thinks is going on in the interactions being observed. I'm wondering if any other INFPs or other Fs get this impression about Ts as well.

Personally, I don't try to "haggle" or "thrust-and-parry" or get people to concede and conform to a hidden agenda. However, I will tease and taunt people just for fun--usually people I like, and who I think/hope will take it in the playful spirit intended. Or I'll sometimes feel shy and uncertain how to be sociable, so I'll make an attempt and it will fall flat and elicit that "O...kayyyy......" reaction. It depends on the situation and the other people and other circumstances. But I'm interested to think of whether either of these would come across to anyone as a social game, like the blog author believes.

phoenix31

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The portion of the blog you quoted reminds me more of NT's that I've had experience with than ST's. *shrugs*

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, I really don't get that impression about Ts at all.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only Ts that I've been close to are STs, hence, I never felt about them this way.

However, a couple of years ago, there was an ENTJ boy in the team I was in charge of. I found him extremely intelligent, very responsible and a natural born leader. But I did notice something about him that matches the said description quite perfectly. I think, without being conscious of it, he did separate people into 3 categories:

"These people I like and respect and will be loyal to"
"These people I kind of like but don't respect so much, so I'm just going to f*ck with them a bit here and there to have a bit of fun with them"
"These people are my enemies"

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
with ‘T’ types, they have little hidden agendas when they are trying to move you to follow a certain regulation or rule they have created. If you comply and conform, you are no fun. They like to have a little thrust-and-parry to see if you are a worthy opponent and if they can get you to concede they are right.

Sounds like the author has a bit of a prejudice against T types because of bad personal experiences.

When a fellow T talks to another T whom she has respect for, there is a little game of haggling and straight-forward questions which to a F probably sounds pretty rude

Not really? I've never experienced this. A conversation between two people outside of myself has nothing to do with me and I find it obnoxious to get offended for someone else. The way some XTXX types have spoken to me has been hurtful without intention, but that was only when it was directed at me.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am ENFP but some think I am INFP as well, who knows.

either way, I actually LOVE Ti users and tend to gel well with them, even though they do tease me to death. I love them and know they mean it with no harm. If something goes overboard I just talk to them. I don't get this impression at all.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am ENFP but some think I am INFP as well, who knows.

either way, I actually LOVE Ti users and tend to gel well with them, even though they do tease me to death. I love them and know they mean it with no harm. If something goes overboard I just talk to them. I don't get this impression at all.

I envy you, I really struggle with Ti users. My Fi really clashes with them.