User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    isnt that what the enneagram does?
    Yes. But I can conceptualize MBTI very well and when I make the people whom I've typed take the test, they overwhelmingly affirm my typing skills. I can't wrap my head around definitely typing most of the people I know through the Enneagram. I think there are others like me, too.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Thats exactly what I was trying to ask in the ego thread. Wouldn't that be fuled by ego?
    What isn't fueled by ego? Can you be more specific?

"Attachment Theory"
    ?

Ones need for social acceptance and what they are willing to compromise to gain it? Control it? or leave it?
    The first two are right on. Either acquire membership or retain membership. The third sounds different.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think basically, when you relate the idea of MBTI as an idea of individual personality to a society thing, you will miss the point.

Society is what influences personality, but the individuum is who perceives change and influence on his own.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    What isn't fueled by ego? Can you be more specific?

?

The first two are right on. Either acquire membership or retain membership. The third sounds different.
    Because the need for acceptance fuels the ego. People will disregaurd or accept things beyond their better judgment fot the sake of the group which to me is a result of intensified ego and self motivation. It seems utimatley rediculous. There are few people who do not try to "save face" for rediculous reasons.

For your question mark, I recently found the quote keys on my computer and wanted to sound regal. Did it work?

The need to not belong or to rebel against can be just as motivating as the need to be accepted. Gahndi and all those others you mentioned were just being.

ThatGirl

Now on this matter I believe that is what the levels of human consiousnous and self actualization pretain to. What are you focused on?

It is no doubt that one must claim some sort of esteem to be accepted into bennificial position, it is the motivation behind that that creates the person. Unless you live in the wild, getting along is getting in life

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Mentally/socially healthy v. unhealthy creates so big a difference in type it really should be a function in and of itself.
    That's basically what "Comfort-Discomfort" is in the Type differentiation Indicator. But as it's a state and not a process (of perceiving or judging), it's not factored in as a "function".

This site: Geldart's 'Fifth' Function: an Ingenious Strategy for Reconciling the Enneagram and the MBTI does propose a fifth function, called "Moving", which is used to fit the Enneagram 3 type into the MBTI.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTJ

I think I would add Believer v. Skeptic. Believer would include religion/spirituality and also metaphysical things such as ghosts, ESP, tarot, etc. Of course there are people who believe in God but not metaphyscial things and people who believe in metaphyscial things but not God. But the idea is that some people believe in something (or someone) that cannot be proved locigally and other don't believe in anything that they cannot prove with science or logic.

One limitation to including new elements is that the theory says that no one type is better than another type. So if you include healthy v. not healthy it breaks that rule. Another trait I think is important - creativity - seems to break that rule as well because "uncreative" seems negative and "creative" seems positive.

Ilah

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    I think I would add Believer v. Skeptic. Believer would include religion/spirituality and also metaphysical things such as ghosts, ESP, tarot, etc. Of course there are people who believe in God but not metaphyscial things and people who believe in metaphyscial things but not God. But the idea is that some people believe in something (or someone) that cannot be proved locigally and other don't believe in anything that they cannot prove with science or logic.
    I dig that, although it would seem to overlap with the T/F dichotomy. Maybe call it openminded vs. skeptical?

One limitation to including new elements is that the theory says that no one type is better than another type. So if you include healthy v. not healthy it breaks that rule.
    That sounds like more of an ethical issue. You don't have to accept that healthy people are "better" than non-healthy people, just that they work differently. Same goes for S and N. Really though, we can get around this with semantics by just labeling the unhealthy people with something more neutral sounding.

Another trait I think is important - creativity - seems to break that rule as well because "uncreative" seems negative and "creative" seems positive.
    Same as above. The uncreative could be called "collecting" rather than "creating" or some other BS.

MBTI
    INTJ

Interesting. This could tie in with racism too. But wouldn't this also go with "Traditional" and "Deviant" type things? Could have some genetic factors as well.
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    INTJ

I have posted questions about belief v. skepticism in the NT and NF forums. I have found that almost all the NTs (at least the ones here) are skeptics. I am one of the rare NTs that are not. In the NF forum there were more believers, but still quite a few skeptics and some that seemed middle of the road. It was around a 50/50 split. So although Fs were more likely to be believers, F are not all believers.

The word openminded makes my think more of toleranance than belief. Also there is a difference between funamentalist believers (who are not openminded about other religious beliefs) and New Agers (who are openminded about accepting beliefs from various traditions).

I don't know about collecting v. creating. I like to make stuff and I like to collect stuff too.

Ilah

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I dig that, although it would seem to overlap with the T/F dichotomy. Maybe call it openminded vs. skeptical?

That sounds like more of an ethical issue. You don't have to accept that healthy people are "better" than non-healthy people, just that they work differently. Same goes for S and N. Really though, we can get around this with semantics by just labeling the unhealthy people with something more neutral sounding.

Same as above. The uncreative could be called "collecting" rather than "creating" or some other BS.