• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type would say something like this?

Obsidian

"Finding my type is like a wild chase. When I settle into a type, the theory becomes boring and dull. There are no further possibilities. I do want to finalise my type but then, that would mean settling on one view which would then prove to be a dead end. I can see all the possibilities of which types I could be, I love exploring them and end up mistyping myself a lot. I'm always trying to understand more about the different typology systems, and the more I learn and understand the more possibilities I see. I over-complicate things and overthink when trying to type myself. Every once in a while I stop over-complicating, simplify things and settle on a type for a while, but then the theory becomes boring again, and I become bored with typology and the type I settled on. I don't like being bored, so the wild chase starts over again."

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENXP, maybe ENTP. Definitely sounds like an Ne dominant with weak Si.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree that it would be someone with strong Ne. I would say mostly likely an ENFP or ENTP. However can the person could still very well be an INTP or INFP.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lol that was basically my typing journey :newwink: so id say ENTP and ENFP for different reasons. For me it was me wanting to cover all the possibility s with Ne then I wanted to chekc with Ti if they fitted well and then Ti would find something logically inconsistent then I would seek our Fe advice and of course a weak Si meant I had very little internal consistently ENFPs would be more self searching in that regard with the Fi id say. For ennagram type id say 6w7 or 7w6 that is most likely to endlessly chase possibilities due to the mixture of 6 doubt and 7 exploration so ENxP 6w7 or 7w6.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
XD ENFP and that sounds EXACTLY LIKE MY PROBLEM WITH SETTLING ON A TYPE.

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finding my type is like a wild chase. When I settle into a type, the theory becomes boring and dull.
Ne+Fi
There are no further possibilities. I do want to finalise my type but then, that would mean settling on one view which would then prove to be a dead end. I can see all the possibilities of which types I could be, I love exploring them and end up mistyping myself a lot. I'm always trying to understand more about the different typology systems, and the more I learn and understand the more possibilities I see.
Ne
I over-complicate things and overthink when trying to type myself. Every once in a while I stop over-complicating, simplify things and settle on a type for a while, but then the theory becomes boring again, and I become bored with typology and the type I settled on. I don't like being bored, so the wild chase starts over again."
Te and Si fail

NFP for sure.
Not ENTP because he/she is primarily motivated by personal feelings of boredom, not fear of logical inconsistency. Same methods with NTPs, different motivation.
Cat Brainz's post is a good example of this distinction:
Lol that was basically my typing journey so id say ENTP and ENFP for different reasons. For me it was me wanting to cover all the possibility s with Ne then I wanted to chekc with Ti if they fitted well and then Ti would find something logically inconsistent then I would seek our Fe advice and of course a weak Si meant I had very little internal consistently ENFPs would be more self searching in that regard with the Fi id say. For ennagram type id say 6w7 or 7w6 that is most likely to endlessly chase possibilities due to the mixture of 6 doubt and 7 exploration so ENxP 6w7 or 7w6.

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Strong Ne and Fi, weak Te and Si.
NFP for sure.
Not ENTP because he/she is primarily motivated by personal feelings of boredom, not fear of logical inconsistency. Same methods with NTPs, different motivation.
Cat Brainz's post is a good example of this distinction.

InfernoToucan

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
This sounds like me, except my never-ending search for my type has been partially unpleasant, partially enlightening and humbling rather than all around exciting. I was more so "I just want to know my type dammit. My brain needs to stop", but compulsively find a way to question it. D: