User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default How would you use your extroverted functions if you were completely alone?

We know that the extroverted functions in MBTI are not equivalent to social extroversion. In some cases like Se or possibly Ne it is a little easier to see how it functions completely outside of social contexts, but what about Te and most of all Fe? Imagine you are the last person on earth, or stranded alone on a faraway island, or lost in the woods for years. How would you use your extroverted functions if you were completely alone for an extended period of time?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

I'm extrovert, although on the borderline between it and introvert, sometimes I dream about a silent earth or empty earth scenario, I'd love to be able to take protracted periods of time, I mean years, to myself but its not possible.

There are things I do when I dont have the opportunities to be social and feel a sort of social drive or impetus, I journal a lot, at length, some of it is pages and pages of quasi-cathartic writing, I review stuff on Amazon, I read, lots and lots and lots of reading, I've thought about it a lot and sometimes I read books when I cant find people who're interested in the same things as me and I treat them almost like someone has written to me, the journalling is like writing to someone else, which I used to do a lot when I was younger, not even always sending the letters but I had one friend who I used to write to a lot. I have no contact with them what so ever now.

Extroverted Thinking:

I can only talk of my own experience and that would be that read lots and lots and lots and then create huge plans, incoporating schedules, micro schedules, review dates, precise plans, usually it all comes to nothing or something much less elaborate would suffice. This is something which puts the greatest amount of distance between me and others, people hate it, really they do, and instead they are happy to get by with less, much less and think its a unnecessary or sometimes is snobbery or pretentious or an expression of some sort of superiority or controlling mindset, which it is not.

Also essay writing, I've not done it lately by I tend to write at length sometimes on topics I've been reading about, musing about or which just always are on my mind one way or another.

Online forums are almost designed with me in mind when it comes to all this sort of thing. Its pretty constant and I often have to think again about what I'm going to share.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

your resident asshole

It's fairly easy to come up with non-people-focused activities for Se, Ne, and Te. But I'm at a loss for Fe.

Quite frankly I don't even know if it's possible for Fe to exist without other people, or at the very least other living beings. Fe doms would have to make friends with the animals and foliage.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

I wouldn't, probably

Except to cry a lot
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

If making friends with trees is using Fe as the last person on earth, then I might use some. I've had various tree friends over the years, although one died tragically in a lightening storm. I'm not certain how Fe exists outside of social extroversion either, but since there is a premise that functional extroversion is not social extroversion, I thought the premise of the thread could articulate the difference. It also helps me see if I use any Fe because I'm okay with very minimal socializing.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Likes yama, LucieCat, Terralynn liked this post

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

Take my input with a grain of salt, but when I am alone, I am constantly researching and learning about whatever I find interesting. Lately, it's personality stuff, but before I got into that, it was a lot of body stuff and how everything is connected; autoimmunity, the gut, diet, stress, exercise, meditation, etc. etc. on and on and on. I'm not sure what it was before that. Maybe music??? I also enjoy trying to find symbolism in movies and TV series.

Whether or not I am typed correctly, it's pretty clear to me that I enjoy exploring and trying to build new connections or identifying cause and effect, as this is what I spend most of my time doing. When I am with people, it's more other-focused, when I am alone, it's more based on my interests, but nevertheless is processed through the same lens.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Likes labyrinthine, Xann liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so

For me, Ne is always present when I’m alone. My internal dialogue is very Ne oriented. I’m always thinking of some idea or possible situation. Plus, I enjoy reading and going on random research binges on the Internet. Or if you let me roam freely in a library. I’ll just get myself a big stack of books to leaf through and then check a few out.

For a child Fe user, I could definitely see solitary play incorporating Fe. I don’t really have anything else.
    Te I find can come out when I’m planning something out by myself. Or when I’m outlining for a paper I’m writing. Essentially, trying to use to to make sense of my many ideas. I tend to filter things through Fi and then they go to Te. Sometimes. Sometimes Te just shuts off.

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

Only half serious

“Don’t use your strength to oppress, (but also) don’t let your weakness make you feel helpless.”
    - Rurouni Kenshin

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    - Kino no Tabi
    Likes labyrinthine, Peter Deadpan, yama liked this post

I use my Te to plan murders
    Sounds good to me.

Melodies from Mars
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by agentwashington View Post
    Only half serious

Wait... but you still need people to despise them and kill them.