• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How would you use your extroverted functions if you were completely alone?

rav3n

We know that the extroverted functions in MBTI are not equivalent to social extroversion. In some cases like Se or possibly Ne it is a little easier to see how it functions completely outside of social contexts, but what about Te and most of all Fe? Imagine you are the last person on earth, or stranded alone on a faraway island, or lost in the woods for years. How would you use your extroverted functions if you were completely alone for an extended period of time?
Te-Ni user here.

Set up for basic survival (shelter, water and food) and then move to a two-pronged approach, that of setting up signal fires for rescue and long term survival needs. This might include domesticating animals by capturing them young which will fill the need for companionship and partial food source.

Metis

Te-Ni user here.

Set up for basic survival (shelter, water and food) and then move to a two-pronged approach, that of setting up signal fires for rescue and long term survival needs. This might include domesticating animals by capturing them young which will fill the need for companionship and partial food source.

Exactly. I was just thinking about this while I went out to get food. You don't need others around to use Te. Te is probably the most valuable function to have in this situation if you can use it well. I would want that function the most if I ever found myself in a life-or-death last survivor situation.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te-Ni user here.

Exactly. Te is just objective judgment. It doesn't need people to work, in fact often works better without them, just needs some external reality against which to measure goals and visions. It organizes, schedules, plans for survival, then to improve beyond that to comfort. To make work more efficient to leave time to explore and learn about the surroundings. If survival is assured and comfort reasonably easy to achieve, it moves on to experimentation: what can we try/do next? What can we make, and will it actually work? Se, well, that provides many of the needed observations, plus helps us enjoy what can be enjoyed on a sensory level. No people needed. (Sounds pretty good, in fact.)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Te is just objective judgment.

i don't think this actually exists. humans are by nature confined by their inherent subjectivity

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't think this actually exists. humans are by nature confined by their inherent subjectivity
Sure it exists, it just doesn't exist in a vacuum. Similarly Te doesn't operate in a vacuum, but rather together with all the other functions. This is where and how objectivity inevitably gets compromised.