• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensor Support Group

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And perhaps the saddest thing is that 60 posts into this thread, there are still people (almost all those who type as N) who will invalidate sensors by telling us that it's not important or not true, as if they have the right to tell us how we feel.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And perhaps the saddest thing is that 60 posts into this thread, there are still people (almost all those who type as N) who will invalidate sensors by telling us that it's not important or not true, as if they have the right to tell us how we feel.
I don’t think the posts I have made in this thread are along those lines. However, if they have been interperted that way, I want to express that it was not my intent to come across in that manner and I apologize for doing so.
There are many wonderful things about Sensors. And some people are just jerks who enjoy pushing other people down. That’s what I have gathered from hearing lots of N types talk down on S types.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I have a lot of things to grumble about, but another thing that I love to grumble about is how, if a character shows the slightest bit of intelligence, they're automatically typed as an intuitive, even when evidence clearly shows that they're a sensors. And dumb characters are often typed as sensors, when in fact they can be intuitive, as well. Conflating typology with IQ (I will be quite happy never to see an "Intuitive = Higher IQ?" thread again) shows a complete lack of understanding for what typology is.

It's even more pathetic when it comes from people who clearly don't know what they are talking about, have a complete inability to think critically, and a limited field of understanding, but think that (self) typing as an intuitive automatically means that they've got more intellectual worth than the sensors that they so apparently look down on.

...Typology is weaponised by stupid people, and stupid is as stupid does.

Thank you!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don’t think the posts I have made in this thread are along those lines. However, if they have been interperted that way, I want to express that it was not my intent to come across in that manner and I apologize for doing so.
There are many wonderful things about Sensors. And some people are just jerks who enjoy pushing other people down. That’s what I have gathered from hearing lots of N types talk down on S types.

Don't worry, it wasn't at you or anyone in particular.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Aww, come on guys, to be fair, you guys run the show in the real world. You are much more equipped to deal with it than this INFP ever would.

I hope I'm not derailing, but comments like these towards sensors on this website make me feel ashamed of my type. Everybody has problems, just because your specific set of problems is different does not make them worse. Intuitives don't have to deal with a lot of the problems sensors have to deal with because sensors have their own separate functioning with pros and cons too, and those struggles aren't just because they're not intuitive. Sorry.

And this whole 'we live in a world dominated with sensors' parrot mentality needs to stop. The only person holding you back from doing what you want is you, end of story. It's not because you're the minority. You can't cry victim while simultaneously placing yourself on a pedestal.

Sil

This is a test.
I'm not on this forum often enough, but I've spent several years on other typology forums.

I've learned to thrive on it. If that's how someone determines a person's value/abilities, I want to be as low on their likeability list as possible.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^

Great attitude, frightening avatar.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am just gonna admit up front although I type as ENFP, as a kid I always wanted to be an ESFJ because those were considered what was popular, cool, and accepted according to descriptions. Like EVERYONE loved them. and I was this lonely kid NO ONE wanted to hang out with.

Sensors use intuition and intuitives use sensing. There is not one without the other. If you truly attack a type, you are stabbing yourself in the damn foot.

Now these little wars are getting somewhat petty and ridiculous. I've had to defend types, there is a sensor support group, and people going WAAAAHHHH I am oppressed in real life so you sensors don't get it or intuitives aren't the only creative ones ever! anyone moron who didn't just read an overview bio would dawn upon these ideas, unless they're just being jerks, then their opinion doesn't matter anyway.
Every. Type. Is. Beneficial.
I am feeling that creativity is more of a character trait really rather than a type related thing. There is insanely creative sensor types and insanely box boring intuitive types.
I find Se to be something appearing intimidating but at the same time admirable. They just live SO in the present moment it feels foreign to me, someone who is living often in a future-oriented mindset or when negative feeling, looping in the past. I often MISS what is RIGHT in front of me. The way Se just takes it in and experiences all those sensations is a fascination to me.
Si is a function I use! But those Si users who use it better than me just show me how beneficial it can be for me to really tap into that inferior function!

Seriously, everyone needs to stop finding reasons to call someone crappy. God.

AdmiralAndGirlsDesu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
For lack of better words, when Sensors complain about mistreatment, it's like white Europeans in the age of colonialism complaining about racism directed towards them. You guys have most of the 'real' world all to yourselves. So suck it up and let us Intuitive types take part of the cake. :) Even if it's just over the internet.

Now I don't intend to personally discriminate against SJ types, but I feel that you guys have so much of a monopoly in most things that any perceived 'discrimination' or 'bias' against you in an internet forum is negligible in the greater scheme of things.

AdmiralAndGirlsDesu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not against any of you guys and gals on an individual level, but truth is, many Intuitive, especially, NF types, have been marginalized and invalidated for so long in this world that's only getting more and more cold and harsh. You can't really blame many of our negative reactions, because the SJ-dominated world has imposed too much on us throughout the ages, against our will and without consideration for our unique traits and preferences. If we did a role reversal, how would SJs feel in a world dominated by NFs, especially those types with Fi as their primary function?

AdmiralAndGirlsDesu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
So the verdict is: Either NFs and Intuitive types in general achieve true equality (which likely isn't going to happen anytime soon), or some of us will continue to vent our frustrations against your types on the internet :) Because it's one of the few outlets we have. :)

Objectively speaking, Sensors do possess a number of traits that Intuitive types don't, which may be counted as 'strengths.' However, Intuitive types bring a certain kind of beauty to the world that SJ types find hard to fathom or comprehend. If we go by Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, it really seems to me that most N types, especially NFs, would be closer to the upper stages. Who knows? Maybe we do run the show after all, in a way. :) I wouldn't be surprised if more S, especially SJs, secretly aspire to become more like us but are envious because they know they don't possess the necessary capabilities or 'equipment.' :)

Have a nice day,
your neighbourhood INFP

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not against any of you guys and gals on an individual level, but truth is, many Intuitive, especially, NF types, have been marginalized and invalidated for so long in this world that's only getting more and more cold and harsh. You can't really blame many of our negative reactions, because the SJ-dominated world has imposed too much on us throughout the ages, against our will and without consideration for our unique traits and preferences. If we did a role reversal, how would SJs feel in a world dominated by NFs, especially those types with Fi as their primary function?

Being an SJ definitely has not made my life any easier despite this whole "living in an SJ world" notion.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For lack of better words, when Sensors complain about mistreatment, it's like white Europeans in the age of colonialism complaining about racism directed towards them. You guys have most of the 'real' world all to yourselves. So suck it up and let us Intuitive types take part of the cake. :) Even if it's just over the internet.

This logic is retarded when it comes to race and its retarded here too, why don't you suck it up and stop pretending that you have it so hard when you really don't. Everyone has struggles in life, being an intuitive is not that severe.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=35760]AdmiralAndGirlsDesu[/MENTION], why didn't you just start an Intuitive Support Group thread instead of making this one about you? Just because there's now one space for sensors to vent and discuss the forum doesn't mean intuitives have been silenced. It's just one thread. Jeez.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread is a great reminder that all the work I’ve done on this forum for the cause of SJ acceptance has been useless.

You can convince particular people, but in the end, the only way folks will change their minds is if they stop being intellectually lazy, especially in the noobish “all people of X type do Y thing all the time” way. Which has played out on this forum, IME, as “oh wow, you aren’t like my stereotypes, you must be the exception to the rule.”

Fuck that, fuck anti-sensor garbage, and for that matter, fuck the SJ sections of everything Keirsey ever wrote.

Anti-sensor Ns: stop the cycle of bullying. We didn’t hurt you. Someone else did. And it probably wasn’t because of their MBTI type.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Now I don't intend to personally discriminate against SJ types, but I feel that you guys have so much of a monopoly in most things that any perceived 'discrimination' or 'bias' against you in an internet forum is negligible in the greater scheme of things.
Typology is not about taking power back. Typology is about communicating as equals.

You’d do well to start listening.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Guys - you re both venting, and it is both legit.

So let eachother vent.

Ss, you re right, your life isnt magically better and yes, we have no idea what its like on your side but that also goes both ways.

You dont want us to invalidate your concerns? Great, how about you do the same for us and stop calling the very real struggle we have in the real world 'playing the victim' and 'a myth'. From personal experience, i can assure you it is very real.

Also, denying this dismisses in a very real way many of your types' strenghts. There is a reason you are so numerous - because your type has an intrinsic value in keeping society going. And yes, that does frustrate intuitives as they try to find their place themselves. And no, of course those strenghts dont necessarily magically keep you safe from everything out there, but it would be a shame to think of them as irrelevant. Many an N would kill to have those skills. At least, i know i would. In fact, im currently immersing myself in SP culture to hobe those skills a little more. And as good as im getting, i know i wil never hold a candle to the Se users i work with. But i at least am starting to be able to hold my own ;)

Now, due to the history of this place, where it started out with INTPs trying to find their own nook in the wall, sensor griping was absolutely part of it. It was venting, that went unchallenged and took anchor. While you did get the brunt of it, trust me, we NFs got our fair share as well.

There were times when newbs who came in got seriously intellectually frisked and tested, especially when typing as an NT and even moreso as INTP. They d have their NT card revoked and got demoted in credibility if they came up short - ever so playfully, of course

Thankfully, that stuff has gradually been improving as the forum developed its own culture. Now, its far from perfect and Ss still get the worst of it, comparatively speaking.

Meanwhile, Im still allergic myself to the amount of troglodytes who refuse to take me seriously due to my ENFP label as well and pull the NT intelligence card - like thats valid just coz you re NT and intelligence is the only thing that matters in this world.

But the fact is that, at least back when I was a newb, venting about the barrage of Ss that shoved reality down my throat and expected me to just stop whining and just do shit the way they wanted it done, was...well, needed for me to regain my sanity AND my appreciation for them, because they were so different. Since it was so rare to find people who shared that experience, it was a godsend to find this place and actually feel like a normal person who wasnt a non-stop screw up or a bumbling uncoordinated idiot for once. (And I assume that the NT posturing we NFs get is likely due to the amount of ethics NTs got fed by mom/family, in a similar fashion)

Of course, the venting is true for you too - and in that regard this thread serves a vital function. But better yet, if both parties can understand and respect the need from the other to vent ( in certain threads) without it becoming necessarily gospel on the rest of the forum, that would be even more beneficial.

For years, this place was a safe venting ground for Ns. Now that we do have more Ss, perhaps we can shift that to just a thread or two(like the specific type hate threads) and instead move to the mission of this place - which is to increase understanding instead.

As for the MBTI profiles - that is beyond our scope to fix unfortunately, but perhaps we can put some edited ones on the resources pages of the website itself?

Anyways, with that, i ll leave you to your venting thread ;)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

Go fuck yourself. You think being a sensor makes me successful at the real world and good at life? You should spend the day with me and learn how wrong you can be. I don't have any imaginary advantages over you.

Where is the dislike button?