MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoToucan View Post
    @yama
    I mean sure, human cognition is very complicated...but I suppose MBTI type theory somehow fits strongly with what I observe about people (my inferior Ti has officially taken over here lol). It doesn't explain everything, but for now it makes sense. The (unhealthy) ESFJ description fit me so well to an unusual extent...
    I am curious what is your constant choice in engaging in Fe behavior? What makes you so concerned about how you appear to others and in maintaining social harmony? What happened to you during the years you struggled to make friends? Did it impact your use of Fe in any way?
    I don't consciously choose to use the functions I do. They just happen to be the ones that align most with how I naturally am. As for making friends, I've just never been very good at it. I can be a very friendly and charismatic person and I can get along with anyone, but I don't let too many people get close because I find it hard to connect with most people since I have uncommon interests and because I don't like doing things like hanging out with people I don't already know well. So during those years I spent more time on places like typoc and doing generally whatever I felt like doing. I don't even know how consciously concerned I am with things like 'social harmony.' I definitely prefer being in environments that aren't chaotic and riddled with conflict because it makes me feel more at ease. There's no real reason for any of it, it's just how I am. I like to be comfortable, both externally and internally. I don't like conflict, and I like being likable, and it's something that just comes naturally to me.

Since you mentioned unhealthiness, I want to say this: I went through something similar, and I jsut want to warn you now. I see a LOT of people come to this website relying too heavily on type descriptions, using them as an identity crutch, but that's not what typology is for. Typology is supposed to be used as a tool for self improvement, not as something we rely on to tell us who we are. Because pretty much no one ever is 100% a type description. MBTI types are archetypes, people are not.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

Your ability to do well in school and/or graduate from college doesn't necessarily mean you don't have potential to do something extroadinary. Look at Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc- Steve Jobs was an ENP as far as I know. Bill Gates had to have been an "N" type lol.
    With that Ni, your IQ is probably much higher than you're trying to come off...
    I was joking in the intention, but was saying the truth in all but IQ. (sensors are the master race)

The more I learned about any field, the more deeply disappointed/cynical I got with human nature. Yet ironically, I didn't dare to take the burden up either.

You can always look at life from a positive/negative perspective. Not saying it's easy, just saying it's definitely possible.

In any field of study, literally anyone can make a difference.
    Your Online Manic Pixie Dream Girl

What is a manic pixie dream girl?

It refers to "that bubbly, shallow cinematic creature that exists solely in the fevered imaginations of sensitive writer-directors to teach broodingly soulful young men to embrace life and its infinite mysteries and adventures." A pretty, outgoing, whacky romantic lead whose sole purpose is to help broody male characters lighten up and enjoy their lives.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Being a type doesn't mean that that's who you are, or that you can't do anything that doesn't align with its stereotypes. I don't like taking care of people, I'm not family oriented, I'm not religious, I'm not conservative, I'm not the type of person to approach strangers and start conversations with them, I did very well in school, I have many unconventional interests, etc. None of this things mean I can't be an ESFJ, nor are ESFJs unable to do any of these things simply because of their type. Types by themselves are limiting without the people behind them.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    Being a type doesn't mean that that's who you are, or that you can't do anything that doesn't align with its stereotypes. I don't like taking care of people, I'm not family oriented, I'm not religious, I'm not conservative, I'm not the type of person to approach strangers and start conversations with them, I did very well in school, I have many unconventional interests, etc. None of this things mean I can't be an ESFJ, nor are ESFJs unable to do any of these things simply because of their type. Types by themselves are limiting without the people behind them.
    It's not that though. I get that. Hell, I myself fit all those things. It just saddens me that Ne is so much lower in my stack, and the thing that would give me the most happiness and satisfaction in life over anything else is serving other people whether they are strangers or not. Perhaps thats a good thing, but I envy those whose drive is curiosity about the world over all else. They probably had an easier time finding their passions than I did, as I went through so many years being completely attention seeking. Your outlook is extremely healthy and I commend you for that. I hope that one day, I'll get to that level perhaps

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Idolizing other types will only do harm to yourself and others. I've had a couple of sensor friends who wanted to be intuitives. They have tons of strengths, they were amazing people, and they were strong in a lot of ways I was weak. But they put me on insane pedestals and the friendships had to end. Types all struggle in different ways. A lot of my problems would disappear if I was an XSTJ user, but I'm aware that new ones would pop up just the same if I had different functions.

Fascination with tertiary functions are common between all types, a lot of ESFJ's can accidentally type themselves or others as high Ne users because of it. My advice to you is to stop applying your own strengths to Ne strengths. If you measure intelligence by how well a fish can climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life thinking it's stupid.
    Likes yama, Smilephantomhive liked this post

Honestly, who gives a shit? Get out there and just kick some ass. Whatever your passion, live it. Fuck the MBTI.
    Likes notmyapples, yama, miss fortune liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    Idolizing other types will only do harm to yourself and others. I've had a couple of sensor friends who wanted to be intuitives. They have tons of strengths, they were amazing people, and they were strong in a lot of ways I was weak. But they put me on insane pedestals and the friendships had to end. Types all struggle in different ways. A lot of my problems would disappear if I was an XSTJ user, but I'm aware that new ones would pop up just the same if I had different functions.

Fascination with tertiary functions are common between all types, a lot of ESFJ's can accidentally type themselves or others as high Ne users because of it. My advice to you is to stop applying your own strengths to Ne strengths. If you measure intelligence by how well a fish can climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life thinking it's stupid.
    Eh I would agree if I had any of the sensor strengths in the first place. Trust me, be lucky that you're practically a genius. The only good thing about be in a sensor is that we align with the world and most people are like us, but unfortunately I do feel like an alien all the time. Ah well. I suppose a lonely life of mediocrity isn't as bad as I think it is...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Honestly, who gives a shit? Get out there and just kick some ass. Whatever your passion, live it. Fuck the MBTI.
    This. You're the same person you were before you discovered MBTI.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Trust me, be lucky that you're practically a genius.
    This is what I'm talking about. My relationships with those sensors always turned ugly once they decided I was lucky, therefore my problems weren't as important. You need to step back and decide what's important to you. Nobody else is going to have the patience to constantly be reassuring you and stroking your ego. You find your own strengths and reasons to love being a sensor.

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

What made you realize you were an ESFJ? How do each of your functions work? I'm not saying its impossible to write as an SFJ...but we will probably never reach the genius of the NFPs in this regard. Sorry to say...
    And honestly feeling like that. While others go off and do wondrous things with their intellect, or produce art, my job is to plaster a smile on my face to hide the hurt and bake a cake filled with rainbows. WTF.

Go ahead think im a troll, but im telling the truth. Sensors are fine if they're anything but an ESFJ. Seriously, what's so great about us? That we please others and don't want anything for ourselves? I have to live a life essentially being everyone's mommy?
    was trying to read this whole thread and gave up here. you're as great as you believe that you are. the mbti isn't a platform to tell you that THIS is your only role in life and if you don't do this you're a waste of space and you will never succeed at anything else, and if that's what you truly believe i suggest you take a very long break from thinking about the mbti at all and focus on your actual life. i'm an intp, i did terrible at university contrary to the smart genius stereotype and i'm doing a job currently that is mainly physical labour, i might not be enjoying it but that's where my life is at right now and i dont necessarily despise my job. and maybe at some point i've thought 'dude i should be doing so much more blah blah blah' but the only thing that's limited me is myself and everyone has a different role, interest or disposition completely independent to your mbti type. i seriously disagree with your comment about sfj's writings, an sfj will write differently to an nfp and will probably appeal to a different audience in a different way and an sfj's writing will certainly be genius to someone. you're up in your feelings because you haven't accomplished things you want to accomplish and that's fine, just realise that it has nothing to do with your type and all to do with your individual self and how you've approached your life thus far.
    So I made a sig. You know, to get all that identity ish...

MBTI: INTP(-A if you will)
    Enne: 5w6 // 9w1 // 2w3
    Inst Var: sp/so/sx
    Socionics: I'll get to that lil bish in due time but tested out as INTj a couple times.
    Aries for the fun of it.
    Likes notmyapples liked this post