User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you, or have you at one time, regularly used a recreational drug?

152. You may not vote on this poll
  • I - Yes

51 33.55%
  • E - Yes

26 17.11%
  • N - Yes

62 40.79%
  • S - Yes

11 7.24%
  • T - Yes

42 27.63%
  • F - Yes

28 18.42%
  • P - Yes

51 33.55%
  • J - Yes

17 11.18%
  • I - No

64 42.11%
  • E - No

13 8.55%
  • N - No

68 44.74%
  • S - No

12 7.89%
  • T - No

37 24.34%
  • F - No

44 28.95%
  • P - No

49 32.24%
  • J - No

31 20.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI and drug use.

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar

Cool MBTI and drug use.

I'd be interested in seeing if there are any correlations between type and drug use. Not alcohol/caffeine/tobacco, they don't count. I wanted to make each MBTI type in the poll, but there is a limit, so I am doing the functions individually.

I was going to make the poll public, but, I guess it will get more votes if it's anonymous.

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    135 so/sp

I am INTJ and I have never used any illegal drugs.

I don't even use legal ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing if there are any correlations between type and drug use.

used to

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

generalization (type tend to gravitate towards):

SJ -> alcohol
    SP -> weed, lsd maybe
    NF -> lsd, weed maybe, i see a lot of INFJs that like to drink...a lot
    NT -> caffeine, nicotine

these are of course not defined in anyway and quite vague
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1
    Likes five sounds liked this post

I used to do a lot different drugs as a teenager. I think it had more to do with my environment and upbringing than it did my type, though. Where I was from, it was quite the standard thing to do. My older brother smoked weed with me for the first time when I was 11. Just about all of my friends, my brothers friends, and all of the people I randomly met or hung out with did drugs, too. I'm not blaming my environment or upbringing, I'd just say it played a significant part in my drug usage. I'm drug free now, but I don't regret the fun I had back then. Two of my friends died from overdoses a few years after I left the drugs behind, and many more of them still have addiction problems.

This may be too much information, but I feel compelled to share. It's something I know a lot about.

If I was to hypothesize which types are more inclined to use drugs, the four E--P types would be at the top of my list.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've experimented a little bit. Smoked my fair share of weed, vicodin a couple of times, xanex but basically just weed. Pain killers were interesting at first but not really something to fuck around with with any consistency, probably the only reason I did them was because I don't have a consistent source if I did it would be a whole other story. It's actually kind of funny as soon as I started taking my ADD medication I didn't feel the urge to just get high or seek fun in the form of drugs really at all. I basically stopped smoking weed and drank a lot less, I still smoke occasionally now( a couple of times a month), but not on the stoner smoke everyday path I was on for a while.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar

Even though I'm young, I can't say I have ever used a drug, or even drank..and I don't plan on using drugs ever.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am INTJ and I have never used any illegal drugs.

I don't even use legal ones.
    Way to go, soul brotha.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

I like alcohol but I don't drink that often. Maybe once a week at most. Other than that I've never been involved in regular drug use.